Best Position

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Epsilon

Best Position

Postby Epsilon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:35 pm

In the days immediately following surgery, what positions (couch or bed) do you recommend for least discomfort?

psyched123

Re: Best Position

Postby psyched123 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:01 pm

I am 8 days out and have found that anyway that the position allows application of ICE is the best! Right now I'm sitting in a chair at the computer on a donut. You've got to get a donut.

Any other time, I've found leaning back in my recliner, taking all pressure off the scrotum works the best. This is, also, the best for ice application.

First few nights, slept on my back. On the side, the top leg applies pressure. Ouch! I've been able to sleep on my side for the past few nights because the swelling has gone way down.

The main comfort is ice. I can measure my progress in how my refrigerator ice maker is keeping up. Right now the ice compartment is 3/4's full. So, great progress from a few days ago when there was little left between ice raids.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Epsilon wrote:In the days immediately following surgery, what positions (couch or bed) do you recommend for least discomfort?

For some reason, missionary position is a bit uncomfortable, not for me but for my wife; the angle isn't right or something. We like doggy style. :D

KMeister

williamb

Postby williamb » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 pm

KMeister, At first I thought the same thing that you thought. He was asking about good positions for having sex but he is asking about a position that he can put his body in to help him have less pain. I would say lay out fairly flat, use ice frequently and walk slowly around your house. For me just staying immobile does not help the pain go away. JMHO

Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

Epsilon

Postby Epsilon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 pm

Psyched, thanks. Did you use ice constantly while awake then or intermittently as in, on 30 minutes, off 30 minutes?

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:28 am

williamb wrote:KMeister, At first I thought the same thing that you thought. He was asking about good positions for having sex but he is asking about a position that he can put his body in to help him have less pain. I would say lay out fairly flat, use ice frequently and walk slowly around your house. For me just staying immobile does not help the pain go away. JMHO

Dave

I know. I was just messin' around. Seriously, the first week or so I stayed on my back with two pillows under my head.

KMeister

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:19 am

Recliner back or on back in bed. As Swelling went down on my side started to cause less pressure on scrotum so I was able to do that without waking up. Stomach sleeping was an issue for several weeks. Your body will let you know but anything that causes equipment to hang for a long period ie standing, or pressure sitting on internal rear tips or direct pressure on scrotum and penis will cause you to change position though for me after first few days not a big deal just discomfort. Having a high volume surgeon like Dr. Kramer so minimal bruising and minimal swelling as well as following orders to be flat for at least 2 days post op and no lifting made the difference for me I think. And wrapped ice if swelling with breaks to avoid cold damage to the parts!
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Getting up from a sitting position on soft surfaces such as couch cushions caused me the most grief. I found it best to scooch forward so the tail bone area of my butt was on the front edge of the cushion and used my arms to push myself up a bit until my legs took over without putting pressure on the scrotum. Getting out of the car was also uncomfortable. I would put both feet outside the car on the ground and pull up on the handholds on the door frame to pull my butt off the seat, as staight up as I could until my legs took the weight.

Return to “Implants”