Incontinence Clamp

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
edgeh20guy

Incontinence Clamp

Postby edgeh20guy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Does anyone know if an incontinence clamp would be safe to occasionally use for a short time ( a couple of hours)? I am fine unless I drink alcohol. Even one glass of wine and I'm in trouble! I had a Coloplast Titan implant 4 years ago and it's working great.

Thanks!

jerrywayne

Re: Incontinence Clamp

Postby jerrywayne » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:50 pm

try the kegels excersies they worked for me ,but you got to do them every day and stay with it .really worked good for me even when I drink ,but when I drink if I feel the urge I go don't put it off. it will take some time but will work.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Interesting topic, as I have found that post implant, I tend to "leak" after urinating. Never happened before, but the obvious wet spot is embarrassing. I'll try the kegels, hopefully it will help. Am I alone in this, or have others experienced this?
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

edgeh20guy

Postby edgeh20guy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks! I've done the kegels post prostrate surgery and they seemed to have helped. They don't seem to help with alcohol use incontinence though. I'd like to try a clamp but I'm concerned it may damage my implant.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:58 pm

An inflatable sphincter (IS) to correct incontinence was developed by Dr. Scott at the time he was developing the IPP. Dr. Cornell studied at the Scott Urology Department/BCM in Houston. He can put an IPP and an IS at the same time, one incision. So I guess that answers the question can you have both, the answer is YES. I think the IS is a less involved operation than the IPP.

Go to Dr. Cornell website and a video shows how it works. (http://www.eddoc.net)

I did talk to one of his patients who has both pumps in his scrotum, ask him if it was getting crowded down there. :D He said the IS was much smaller than the IPP one, you push it once to start the flow. It closes automatically, i.e., only push once at the beginning.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:12 pm

FlaDon wrote:Interesting topic, as I have found that post implant, I tend to "leak" after urinating. Never happened before, but the obvious wet spot is embarrassing. I'll try the kegels, hopefully it will help. Am I alone in this, or have others experienced this?

Have notice the after "leak" too. We probably did not give enough credit to what else the spongie material did beside make us erect. Now the extra last bit is trapped between the tubes and then dribbles out when we put it up.

I have started squeezing my shaft to get any extra drops out, also this is to continue to deflate.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:28 am

Dr Perito showed me how to press the bottom of my scrotum just in front of my asshole to push the last drops up and out. Helps.... I still drip a little sometimes.
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”