Four days post-op = Swollen scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
psyched123

Four days post-op = Swollen scrotum

Postby psyched123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:56 am

I had the operation last Thursday (Nov 12th) and so, I'm four days post-op.

I haven't had much pain, but am really tired of this scrotal swelling - very uncomfortable! Sitting on this chair right now is a challenge. The swelling isn't getting bigger, but doesn't seem to be subsiding.

I'm sure scrotal swelling is usual given what just took place down there, but how long should it last? Please let me know your experiences with this and give me some hope that it will be over soon.
Last edited by psyched123 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

ED2013

Re: Four days post-op = Swollen scrotum

Postby ED2013 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:34 am

Get a donut cushion to sit on

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:11 am

Ice 20 minutes every two hours (careful not to put directly on skin wrap it in a thin towel). And lay on your back if swelling alot not in recliner for first week. Swelling should gradually subside but if not resolving or getting worse get the office to look at it even by email photo if a drive. Check with thhem first if that is OK and which email. You dont want to freak out the front desk. Hope things get better soon.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 am

congratulations P,
as mentioned, donut cushion and ice, especially ice. I predict swelling to be less by day 7. Do not over do it, take it easy. lay around with ice then stir around a while then back to couch with ice. I popped a stitch at about week four and thought I would get infection. I was told just to keep scrotum washed with soap and water so I did until I got back to him. He suggested all would heal fine......and it did. One of the more irritating parts of this surgery was those stitches, and they take their time dissolving. Good luck, and .....keep it up. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:14 am

psyched123 wrote:I had the operation last Thursday (Nov 12th) and so, I'm four days post-op. I found Dr. Morey and his staff to be great and professional and the new hospital a beautiful place to spend the night (large, private room and fantastic view of Dallas).

I haven't had much pain, but am really tired of this scrotal swelling - very uncomfortable! Sitting on this chair right now is a challenge. The swelling isn't getting bigger, but doesn't seem to be subsiding.

I'm sure scrotal swelling is usual given what just took place down there, but how long should it last? Please let me know your experiences with this and give me some hope that it will be over soon.

Hi there psyched123, I had my Titian installed by Dr Morey this July and agree with you. Tho I never got an over night stay? Frozen bag of peas were the best relief I had ! You can see my progress here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5615
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:43 pm

This morning (5th day) I noticed that the swelling had subsided quite a bit and it's much more comfortable. I'm, right now, sitting the same chair that I wrote the initial post last night and this time I'm doing fine. I'm encouraged and , of course, am hoping that recovery is all downhill from here. I'm hoping that my next significant event is to get activation on Dec 21st.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:53 pm

P, how's the selling today? Got plenty of ice on it?
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:22 pm

The swelling is definitely subsiding and the color is less and less black. I have turned into an ice addict. My refrigerator freezer has barely been able to keep up! However, at day 6, things are getting much better.

Ibuprofen has been coming in from all the recent studies as a true kidney killer. My doc just told me that new studies have found that, as far as the kidneys are concerned, there is no safe dose. As a result of my desire to protect my old kidneys, I keep using the hydrocodone.

I'm down to using only two hydro's a day but for how long? Did you run out of hydro? The new rules make getting more really hard. The docs can no longer call it in but must write a physical prescription. Since Dr. Morey is in Dallas, I guess I'd have to tap my primary doc to write one and I don't want to do that. If I run out, I guess I'll just take my chances, apologize to my kidneys, and take Advil. Or... maybe just more ice!

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Good news. Surely you will not damage kidneys with no more ibu you will need. Save a hydrocodone for that inflation day. Ha

Fortunately, when I had the surgery hydrocodone was not regulated in the procedure it is now. And, you might find a half tab to work sufficiently.
B

jerrywayne

Postby jerrywayne » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Instead of ice ,get a bowl of ice water sit next to you in chair drop wash cloth in water squeeze out and place wash cloth on balls and dick ,that is not so harsh and really helps .

Return to “Implants”