Psychologial effect of implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: Psychologial effect of implant

Postby alibaba » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:00 pm

I would suggest going for it if you know you can get it and need it. Needing one and not being able to get it messes with you. After enough time you realize it messed with you and your wife for years and it keeps growing deeper and deep into you like termites. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:18 am

Thanks again for feedback.

I can get one. No insurance coverage, but I can afford it.
I have nothing holding me back and will most likely do it in a few months time.

I am just trying to assure myself I'll be happy with it. I am not happy with current situation, but being unhappy about a natural problem is probably better than being unhappy about a self-caused unnatural problem.
My apologies for the very frank question here, but I hope someone will take the time to answer:

What I am afraid of is that I will feel like am still having ED, just that I found an artificial way to have sex. A bold paralell would be a hollow dildo which I put my limp penis in and strap around my waist. Sure, I could use any size of it I wanted, or any size my wife wanted. I could give her great physical pleasure with my strap-on penis for many hours. But would I be happy? Of course not. I'd feel pathetic.
What I am afraid of is that that's how I'd sort of feel with an implant.
I know it's not the same thing, since with an implant you are still using your own flesh and blood. But will the feeling be ok?
I think so, but I also want to raise the question and see if this is the case for some of you guys who took the step.

Finally, there is of course a difference here based in how severe the ED is. If I simply could never have sex, I'd have nothing to lose. But I can. Just not as good as it should be. So I do have something to lose.
However, if I knew the implant would work, I wouldn't lose my ability to orgasm, and I'd feel ok psychologically - I would make the appointment today.
Last edited by merrix on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 am

I dislike the implant but I love the sex with it. No difference to the sex I have had when my sex life was still terrific. Colon cancer took it away.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:22 am

merrix wrote:Thanks again for feedback.

I can get one. No insurance coverage, but I can afford it.
I have nothing holding me back and will most likely do it in a few months time.

I am just trying to assure myself I'll be happy with it. I am not happy with current situation, but being unhappy about a natural problem is probably better than being unhappy about a self-caused unnatural problem.
My apologies for the very frank question here, but I hope someone will take the time to answer:

What I am afraid of is that I will feel like am still having ED, just that I found an artificial way to have sex. A bold paralell would be a hollow dildo which I put my limp penis in and strap around my waste. Sure, I could use any size of it I wanted, or any size my wife wanted. I could give her great physical pleasure with my strap-on penis for many hours. But would I be happy? Of course not. I'd feel pathetic.
What I am afraid of is that that's how I'd sort of feel with an implant.
I know it's not the same thing, since with an implant you are still using your own flesh and blood. But will the feeling be ok?
I think so, but I also want to raise the question and see if this is the case for some of you guys who took the step.

Finally, there is of course a difference here based in how severe the ED is. If I simply could never have sex, I'd have nothing to lose. But I can. Just not as good as it should be. So I do have something to lose.
However, if I knew the implant would work, I wouldn't lose my ability to orgasm, and I'd feel ok psychologically - I would make the appointment today.

Great questions and likely ones that most of us had. It is not at all like strapping on a hollow dildo. It feels great to be touched or have intercourse. Thhe difference is the "will it work" and then "will it last" thoughts in your head and your wife's head will go away so you can concentrate on the intimacy. Certainly there are no guarantees with any surgery but I believe the statistics back that up. A stiff penis without feeling would not check the happy box for most of us. Has to be the right choice for you of course and something done after you have tried other options with a urologist but once other option boxes are checked be assured if it becomes something for you it is not a stiff penis that feels like it isnt a part of you. At least that isnt the way I feel for sure. Great questions. Guess that's why they call it Frank Talk. :-)
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:37 pm

many here have said once everything is healed it is the same as before without the worries of failure 1/2 way through or not being able to get hard. Clearly the implant also takes away the apprehension whether the pills or shot will work or cause issues that would make an implant more difficult in the future. Then there is the issue , will you be able to afford it in the future? When I first had ED issues 28 years ago I could have paid for an implant in cash. situations change. Now there is no way. I cannot even afford travel at much distance. You and your wife need to decide if you are over the threshold enough to take this step. It took me 2 years to get the nerve to try to get an implant because it is something there is no going back from. If you decide you do not like an implant and take it out, you will not be like you were before. You will be 100% impotent. That was a hard bridge for me to cross being the prostatectomy was similar in that respect. Hugs, cheers, and lots of respect. Only questions unasked and unanswered are the wrong ones. Ask, think and dwell till your heart is comfortable. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:48 pm

I think that when all the dust settles, you will feel like superman.
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:20 pm

One of you gentlemen, who just got his date set for the implant, sent a PM asking how I've gotten my head arounf the infection risk. Since I deeply appreciate all feedback in my thread, I'll post my PM reply to this guy and see whether this can produce more thoughtful feedback.
Thanks again to all who contribute to my process.
All the best.

Yes I spoke to Eid. He claims he has the lowest infection rate in the world. Since he invented his no-touch technique, he has implanted 2944 and had 13 infections (0.44%). 9 of these 13 were recovered and implanted again. 4 of them (0.14%) had the worst possible no-penis outcome. That is still a risk. It means one guy in 1000 will end up with an inch-long dead little piece of hollow skin between their legs. But I am looking at the option: keeping on having bad sex for the rest of my life. I may still be 10 years older than you, but I consider myself young. I am in great physical shape and so is my wife. We could have the perfect sex life if only my dick would stay hard long enough. I could be the best lover on the planet if just my dick stayed hard long enough. But it doesn't.
Replacement is something I don't see as a big issue. Best case I'd have to replace it once. Worst case twice. First of all, risks are lower with a replacement than with a new implant. So is recovery time. Secondly, the older I get, the more I could accept the fact my time is over.
If I would get infected on my second replacement when I'm 70 yo, I think I'd take that if I can have a great sex life from now till then.

What really made me decide for the implant was the sclerotherapy. After this treatment I really knew what I was missing. What I thought was a normal erection (i.e. my erection on my best day) is not a good erection. What I had the first 2-3 weeks after the sclero - wow. That's what I want. The way my wife obviously felt when having sex with me right after the sclero - that's how I want to make her feel every time.

So - I am prepared to take the tiny infection risk. What I want to know is that I will be happy with the implant if the result is perfect. The feeling, the orgasm, the feeling of being implanted, never ever having morning wood etc.

But I am 99% sure this is what I'll do. And I'm pretty sure that I will regret not having it done 20 years ago. Just like you said, I wasted my young years on not being able to.

And furthermore, Ithink it's a mental issue to this as well, not just fixing a physical defect. I am happily married to a wonderful and sexy woman. I am not going to sleep around. But just being able to look any woman out there straight in her eyes, smile and know that I could F her brains out any time she wanted to will be a great feeling...

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck with your implant.
Feel free to stay in touch.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

flman48

Postby flman48 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Great reply..

I had morning wood this morning, of course I pumped it up and dozed back off, but when I woke up again and it was pointing toward the ceiling it made me smile. I honestly do not remember the last time I had morning wood.

Dr Eid was one of the two people I was considering for this surgery.

Being a nurse by profession I had to take the leap of faith and trust the procedure, my Doc spoke very highly of Dr Eid also. My MD had had zero infections this year, I made my piece with the decision and got implanted.

You have chosen a great surgeon, do what feels right to you.
Joined the Bionic Brotherhood on 10/16/15 Coloplast Titan Touch 22cm + 1cm rte implanted by Dr. Paul Perito

Sugarcane

Postby Sugarcane » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Hey Flman: I would be very interested in your experience Dr. Perito. I plan on going to see him about implant first part of next year and your comments would be greatly appreciated. I live four hours from his office.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:54 pm

charlesr wrote:Four months post-implant and I don't feel even remotely impotent. Just went from an automatic to a manual

Love your analogy. My automatic started slipping into NO gear, my car came to a halt. It became unreliable and left me stranded.

Now I can take off, shift at any time and can prefect my shifting technique. :D
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Return to “Implants”