square/rectangle at bottom of scrotum?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
brian22

square/rectangle at bottom of scrotum?

Postby brian22 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi, again. Now 9 days post-op and, happily (!), swelling started to recede Friday evening. Bruising disappearing as well. Generally feeling much better.

Question: now that the swelling is receding, what I feel at the bottom of my scrotum (Coloplast Titan implant) seems square/rectangle, not round. I thought the pump was round. No? Any idea? Any problem?

One additional question: does anyone know the physical dimensions of the Coloplast pump/release mechanism? Maybe I'm not feeling the part that I think I'm feeling.

Thanks very much,

Brian.
Last edited by brian22 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antelope

Re: square/rectangle at bottom of scrotum?

Postby antelope » Sun May 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Squeeze it Brian, and see if the garage door opens. Ha ha, made you smile.

Someone with Coloplast implant experience will certainly give you some good info soon. Hang in there.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

brian22

Postby brian22 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:50 pm

You certainly did, Greg! :0) Thanks.

Brian.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Brian:

I have an LGX, so I can't answer about the shape. I will tell you that your body likes to deposit things around the pump that make it hard to tell what it is. Try to keep it from adhering to anything by gently moving it around several times a day.

Does Coloplast give you a toy pump like AMS does? That could be very helpful.

BTW, congrats and happy healing!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

brian22

Postby brian22 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Dave, thank you very much.

Do, didn't get one from Coloplast. I am moving it as much as I can. Still too sore to pull/move from both sides, so just pulling down from back of scrotum each time I use the washroom.

Thanks, again, for your advice and well-wishes. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! :0)

Brian.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

brian22 wrote:Hi, again. Now 9 days post-op and, happily (!), swelling started to recede Friday evening. Bruising disappearing as well. Generally feeling much better.

Question: now that the swelling is receding, what I feel at the bottom of my scrotum (Coloplast Titan implant) seems square/rectangle, not round. I thought the pump was round. No? Any idea? Any problem?

One additional question: does anyone know the physical dimensions of the Coloplast pump/release mechanism? Maybe I'm not feeling the part that I think I'm feeling.

Thanks very much,

Brian.

Brian, sounds like you have the Titan OTR like me. At the very bottom there is a round rubber bulb and sitting on top of the bulb is a rectangular valve/tube block. Squeeze the bulb to inflate, to deflate grab the block long ways (end to end, not side to side). You will feel little round squeeze points on the ends, these are release valves covered by the rubber like covering. When it's new, the whole thing takes a lot of pressure to operate (inflating and deflating). After a few weeks it gets almost effortless to operate. The rubber needs to soften and break-in. It's pretty damned big but you'll not even notice it at all after a while. It does not get in the way or cause any discomfort. In a locker room, no one can tell.
harddrive

brian22

Postby brian22 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 am

Thank you very much for your help! I've been worried that perhaps there's a kink in one of the tubes or something...no doubt requiring further surgery to repair! :0) Further, seems so crowded in my scrotum that I was worried that perhaps mine is too small to accommodate this pump (just recentlly "re-found" my left testicle). Now I see that I'm having a good, pedestrian experience! Knowlege is power, eh? Again, thank you for your explanation and your reassurance!

Brian.

Return to “Implants”