How long before pain and swelling go away?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
charlesr

How long before pain and swelling go away?

Postby charlesr » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 pm

I had a Titan Touch with Bioflex 18cm implant done on July 13th of this year. Forget the first week or first month. Lots of pain. I was ready for that. Now it is getting much better, but there is that post-surgery soreness and lack of pleasure that exists. Any consensus on how long before things get back to normal?
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

dg_moore

Re: How long before pain and swelling go away?

Postby dg_moore » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Seems like most report between 2 (very short) and 12 weeks. Everybody heals differently, so you can't predict the time for any particular person. And healing continues long after your initial recovery and activation, so it can be months before you finally reach whatever your new normal state is going to be.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

kidder

Postby kidder » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:04 am

Like dg said, everyone's different, I'm sure. I got my Titan July 29th. I'm not yet normal, but it's coming along ok, methinks. Still a bit tender (I wouldn't want to get into a wrestling match--but I can run). Just the last couple of days, I've been able to pump up to about 90%, but gets painful after 15 min or so. I've had limited sex (8 days ago), penetration, but gently, and had to quit after about 10 min. I know it works cause I did the old hand job. Anxious to see my lady Thurs to give it another whirl. I'm still thinkin about my next step--whether to do anymore surg. I lost too much size after the procedure (11/4"), and I'll wait 2-3 mo to see if anything comes back, or if I want to accept what I have. Anyway, it sounds like you're on the brink of near normalcy. Another week or two and I suspect you'll hardly (pun intended) remember it's there.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 pm

A month ago I received my implant. The scrotum is still very sore, maybe because the pump sticks to the scrotum. Doc wants to activate the implant after another fortnight, wonder how it can be done with the pump sticking to the scrotum. At the moment I'm very unhappy and I'm regretting to have an implant!
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:24 pm

StrongAgain wrote:A month ago I received my implant. The scrotum is still very sore, maybe because the pump sticks to the scrotum. Doc wants to activate the implant after another fortnight, wonder how it can be done with the pump sticking to the scrotum. At the moment I'm very unhappy and I'm regretting to have an implant!

I think you are regretting your decision way too soon. As others have said it can take twelve weeks for tenderness in ball sack to go away. I could live with the discomfort I have 4 days out if there was fair level of certainty it will fade in another 6 to 12 weeks. Hang in there and take Tylenol or ibuprofin. Be sure you take pain meds before the activation appt. Good luck there are plenty of guys on here to offer support.
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Strong, did your doctor tell you to pull down on the pump daily? Mine did, and I really don't think it did much good, as it really didn't move that much. Then about 3-4 weeks post op, the assistant pumped me up and pulled hard on the pump. He said "Did you feel that? (I felt a pop inside the scrotum at the base of the penis). I popped the holding stitch, and now you'll be able to move the pump around a lot easier." That tells me that my pump was also stitched to the scrotum, but they use self-dissolving sutures to do it, but sometimes they don't dissolve as quickly as they should, therefore he manually popped it by pulling on it. So don't worry about it yet, give it time, it does get better.
Last edited by FlaDon on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

kidder

Postby kidder » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Strong--The fact that your sac is sore--that's the reason you regret getting it? Everyone should be so lucky. I'm 7 weeks out, and my sac (and penis) is still a little sore. Not much, but I'm certainly not completely healed. If that's all you have going on, then you are in great shape. Oh, and Dr Perito didn't tell me about the stitch (didn't tell me anything), but I know it's there. It's gotten easier to pump up and deflate just the last couple weeks, maybe when (if) mine dissolves it'll be even more easy.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:00 am

Sorry for being impatient :roll: My pump is already at the bottom of the scrotum, it can't move further down. It's definitely stitched to the scrotum, would be way too dangerous told me my doc. Since two days I'm applying twice a day Aloe Vera, it seems to help pain and healing.

My penis is pumped up app. 1/3 - strong enough to enter a vagina. Well, last night we tried it the first time - wow, within a minute I ejaculated! Still can't believe it, it was absolutely fantastic. Another two weeks and the doc shall activate the implant.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”