Implant for 44 y/o

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NE_Bob

Implant for 44 y/o

Postby NE_Bob » Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Hello all,

I am meeting with a surgeon next week to start the possible implant conversation. He is the chief surgeon in a Men's Health Center of a major facility in Providence RI. He does 150+ implants annually (2-3 per week) He comes highly recommended by my Uro. To quote him "he is an artist" and "if I had to get it done he would be who I would go to..." So that makes me feel more confident... Anyway, what concerns me is getting implanted at 44 I would obviously be facing 1-2 revisions in the future. Has anyone here had a revision after a failure of the unit? If so what was the outcome? It seems like the first one works good, but it is downhill from there according to what I have read...
What other questions should I ask him during the consult? (I do have a list already!) Just trying to cover all my bases...

FYI-I have done the pills 5+ years...stopped working. Currently using tri-mix with good results, but the timing/prep sucks and it really limits the available opportunity. ie: morning sex is a no go if I have anywhere to go. Night sex is OK but I have to go to sleep hard and not sure when it goes down etc. So as long as morning and night is out...WTF.

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Bob

shadowwolfe

Re: Implant for 44 y/o

Postby shadowwolfe » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm

You are doing it for all the same reason I did. I am new and just had my first so I cannot contribute to revisions.. however, get it done ASAP. I lost an inch because I waited. I did not lose an inch because of the operation but because i did not like sticking myself so i finally just went without and the old phase "use it or lose it" really applies to your penis.

If you decide to wait at least use the trimix frequently even if you do not have sex. I know it is a pain but losing it is even more depressing.

I can also say I love my implant for far. It has brought back sexual feelings I surpressed for so long because of the injections. I should have done mine at 44 after my radiation treatments were over for my prostate cancer.

Good luck
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue May 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Bob,
Take a look at the video at the bottom of the Implants Treatment page. That guy is on his third implant. Still going strong, doing very well. No major loss of length and he has a Coloplast Titan. He talks about it as he pumps it up. I think you'll be fine - many guys your age get an implant. don't put off living any more.
Paul

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue May 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I do not have an implant yet; trimix works well so far. My thoughts are that during the 10 or 15 years that an implant may last, implant technology is likely to develop considerably. Heck in 15 years, your new replacement implant may even give itself a blow job. For goodness sakes, don't delay your procedure out of concern about something that might happen way on down the road. Enjoy what you get and look forward to Phase II. Just my thoughts.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

NE_Bob

Postby NE_Bob » Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks for all the replies and support! I will update after my appointment...

NE_Bob

Postby NE_Bob » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Update. I had my consult with the surgeon yesterday and now I am faced with the big decision...to go forward with the implant or continue the injections. I am pretty convinced the implant is the way to go. Now it is just getting pre-approval from the insurance co. and then it will be on to scheduling the actual surgery. I have to say I am pretty worried about going under the knife, but it seems like just about all the men who have had the procedure are very happy they did. I guess it is gut check time! LGX looks to be in my future...scares the crap out of me though :-)

Bob

hockey

Postby hockey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:05 pm

NE__Bob
There is a web site www.straighttalk.net that you should check out.

Click down though it and you will find a actual implant operation that may put your mind at ease.
You will find under the illustration of the implant working. I found it very interesting.

Good Luck to you!

Hockey
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Return to “Implants”