Coming up with the money

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Coming up with the money

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:31 pm

jogncartman wrote:You know that no one will be honest and tell you the truth about their money. I know that it sounds strange but people nowadays are so...

I'm not so sure about your statement. Getting down to the very fine details are personal. But I'm a fairly straight forward guy. Now retired, own my own home plus a second vacation home. Also own the one next to it for a modest rental. Keep the rent down inorder to keep a good long time renter. Renting comes with the requirement that I'm notified as quick as possible if something strange was to happen. Our retirement income is about what the national working families average income is. There, open disclosure without specific numbers. National average income can be easily looked up on the internet. Real estate values are dependent upon the markets where they are.
FWIW, there are huge databases that can predict your income & even political inclinations based upon the little clues that they can gather on you. Honestly, there isn't many secrets in our modern world.
So after sharing my life with you. What is your point to your post?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:04 pm

The first thing you need to do is find a doctor. Let him know you are a cash patient and get the cash price for the surgery. Find out where he wants to do it. An outpatient surgery center will be cheapest. Get their cash price. Check on anesthesia, it probably won't be included in the price and once again get a cash price.

In general the cash price will be 1/3 to 1/2 what they charge insurance companies.

Then go to your bank and get a loan .
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:24 pm

This guy posted to a very old thread. I don't see him asking a question in his post. More like a comment on men not being honest about money issues. This is his first post.
I choose my response to show that his assumption isn't always correct. How can this forum work if your first impression is that men can't/won't be candid? Whether it is about money or their implant journey doesn't matter in my mind.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:20 am

i have heard rumors that Dr Karpmann cash price is 18,000 dollars us. I read this dollar figure here on franktalk --- i am not sure if it is true, but I agree with other members on this franktalk site that karpmann is a superstar surgeon.
(he is my local urologist in the sf bay area)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 pm

My insurance covered mine after 3 appeals. But I did have the 25k if I had to pay. I work in Healthcare and have always been employed. At 59, I did save a few dollars. That's being honest.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Gt1956 wrote:This guy posted to a very old thread. I don't see him asking a question in his post. More like a comment on men not being honest about money issues. This is his first post.
I choose my response to show that his assumption isn't always correct. How can this forum work if your first impression is that men can't/won't be candid? Whether it is about money or their implant journey doesn't matter in my mind.

After re-reading your post and then going back to jogncartman's post, I suspect that his activity here is not just a "comment on men not being honest about money issues", but also spam. He posted a link to a blog about making passive income.

Without commenting on whether or not jogncartman is simply enthusiastic or nefarious, his introductory post was, at best, I think, off-topic for FrankTalk's mission and potentially disrespectful.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Agree, but implants are a touchy subject. Financially speaking. If he is bogus I assume we won't hear back from him.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Gt1956 wrote:This guy posted to a very old thread. I don't see him asking a question in his post. More like a comment on men not being honest about money issues. This is his first post.

After re-reading your post and then going back to jogncartman's post, I suspect that his activity here is not just a "comment on men not being honest about money issues", but also spam. He posted a link to a blog about making passive income.

Without commenting on whether or not jogncartman is simply enthusiastic or nefarious, his introductory post was, at best, I think, off-topic for FrankTalk's mission and potentially disrespectful.

Looks to me like after his edit. It is spam because he talks about passive income. I can drift off topic with the best of people. But I have a hard time seeing investment advice fitting here.
I believe that the poster needs to be vetted by the moderator.

Return to “Implants”