Can't get implant to work

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
charlesr

Can't get implant to work

Postby charlesr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:29 pm

I have a new implant (July 13, 2015) and the pump is hard as a rock and I have squeezed it as hard as I could with both hands and it doesn't move at all. Has anyone else had experience with this? I could use some help.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Anonymous 3

Re: Can't get implant to work

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:35 pm

I think almost everyone has experienced the hard pump problem to start with. I ceertainly did. I couldn't believe how hard it was to operate the pump. I also had trouble with the deflate button, finding it and operating it. You are only 7 or 8 weeks out from surgery, about the time I started to cycle the implant. After three months it has become easier, although I think there is some kinking in the tubing because when I turn the pump body a certain way it becomes enormously easier to pump. Deflating takes less than a minute to do now. It will get easier. There are some specific things to try recommended by AMS depending on the type of implant you have. I have the AMS LGX. What is yours?
This is a fairly common problem and widely discussed here on the forum. Try a search and see what you can find for tips.
Last edited by Anonymous 3 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:44 pm

I have an 18 cm Titan Touch with Bioflex.
If that has some specific characteristics I would love to know.
Thanks for telling me that many people have experienced that problem. That makes me feel better already.
I'm new to this forum and I don't know how to find other places that this problem has been addressed. Can you let me know?
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:08 pm

I was able to find this short article on the Titan problem. It may or may not help.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/832744

Sure. There is a search window near the top right hand corner of the screen. Type in your search request and see what comes up. I also did a Google search for cannot pump Titan implant and it listed several hits from this site on the problem.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:27 pm

It definitely did help enormously! I will see my urologist on September 8th and fix this.

Return to “Implants”