Do you keep your implant totally secret?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
strongagain

Do you keep your implant totally secret?

Postby strongagain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:23 am

I wonder, do you brothers keep absolutely quiet about your implant? Is only your gf/wife knowing about it? What about family and friends, do some of them know about it?
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

dg_moore

Re: Do you keep your implant totally secret?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:41 am

It's not a secret, but why is it the business of anybody with whom you're not intimate? Nobody knows about mine except my wife and my doctors (and FT members, but we're basically anonymous). I've never felt the need to discuss my body parts with anybody else.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Like dg, just my wife, my doctors and anyone who reads my posts here know about it.

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 pm

As the others have said my doctors, my best male friend and my spouse know. To the rest of world I am having a hernia repair. Not because I am embarrassed but I know I would be the talk of the office if I confided in my boss and my adult kids would be grossed out thinking Grandpa and Grandma still like to get it on. :D
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:52 pm

It's been a few months, and my girlfriend has no clue I have an implant - I'm keeping it secret :D

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Nah...
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

travel

Postby travel » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:16 am

Well, i'm due with a week or so....havent got an exact date yet. My Docs office is running the procedure trough m insurance comapnies. i'm nervous as hell here. for two reasons. How i'm treated in the hospital.....the hospital is a major Air Force Medical faciity. i'e been told, no worrie, Tri Care will cover it. I'm just stressing about ying of embarassment the day or so i'm gonna be in the hospital. from past experience....the nurses are quite young, and very sexy.
I'm wondering how an old guy lie me deals with the docs, nurses, etc, for my stay oernite.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:42 am

pockie wrote:It's been a few months, and my girlfriend has no clue I have an implant - I'm keeping it secret :D

Your girlfriend seems to be quite clueless about the male anatomy. Pump...
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:31 am

Same as others with only wife knowing (though even as an ICU nurse says unless handling my scrotum she would never know) and doctors. Otherwise I went for "urology old guy surgery" when asked which made everyone quiet no further questions.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:42 am

travel wrote:Well, i'm due with a week or so....havent got an exact date yet. My Docs office is running the procedure trough m insurance comapnies. i'm nervous as hell here. for two reasons. How i'm treated in the hospital.....the hospital is a major Air Force Medical faciity. i'e been told, no worrie, Tri Care will cover it. I'm just stressing about ying of embarassment the day or so i'm gonna be in the hospital. from past experience....the nurses are quite young, and very sexy.
I'm wondering how an old guy lie me deals with the docs, nurses, etc, for my stay oernite.

This experience is unique, and possibly life-changing, for you, but for the medical professionals it's just another day at the office. They've seen it all, and the nurses don't care if you've had an implant or an appendectomy or a hip replacement - their duties remain the same and you're just another piece of meat to them. After you're discharged your bed will hardly have time to cool off before the next patient comes in. Don't even consider what the hospital staff will be thinking - in fact, they'll be thinking about lunch, quitting time, their kids' activities, or tonight's date, but certainly not your implant.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”