new type of electronic implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
spanzo

new type of electronic implant

Postby spanzo » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:43 pm

http://www.mdtmag.com/news/2015/07/elec ... e=headline

implant the tiny battery and electrodes and "it should last a couple of years"

dg_moore

Re: new type of electronic implant

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:00 pm

I'll believe this when I see it
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

spanzo

Postby spanzo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:32 pm

No interest? At all? I am surprised.....

cygnus2

Postby cygnus2 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:03 pm

"Electroacupuncture" <-- I stopped reading right there.

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:42 pm

probably because most guys on this site have penile implants or are going to get implanted soon. Also this implant has been around for about 30 years and has a lot of feedback. Has this new implant been FDA approved, are there any Uro that perform this operation, any studies show the results. Need a lot more info to get interest

activesurveillance

Postby activesurveillance » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 am

There many reasons why only 1.5% of men that have a prostatectomy get an IPP. But clearly one of them is that this 50 yr old hydraulic system doesn't work for everyone. And as far as we know neither AMS or Coloplast is doing anything about it. In fact, at a recent Winthrop Men's Health Seminar the Coloplast rep confirmed they are working on no new technology. Maybe Valencia Technologies can advance a digital approach. With implanted pacemakers, defibrillators, etc., the field of cardiology has had digital devices for a long time so it could be feasible. And the market appears ready for it!

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Remember, electrical stimulation will only work well if the problem is neurological. If the problem is in the other plumbing or a combination the results may not be as satisfying. Though somewhat of a pain at times, the hydraulics just work if installed right in the first place.

Had the hydraulic bone builder for three years now, it is great.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

saytar

Postby saytar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:25 am

I'm thinking a synthetic implantable open cell material artificial corpra with clickable valve that allows somewhat normal blood flow. One click to close valve allowing it to fill with blood similar to a normal erection. Then two clicks to open valve allowing a normal blood flow. Thus eliminating pump and resivior, tubing and additional implan trauma. All inplated in corpra sheath. This is the angle to pursue, mother nature's design is pretty good. Artificial corpra. Possibly make the sponge material outer layers "leaky" to closer mimic natural blood flow. This would reduce risk of infections and allow antibiotics to reach most if not all of inplant material in event of any infection, and make removals rarely needed. KISS principal.

Such material saturated with several wide range antibiotics during implanting would virtualy eleminate infections especially those from the actual operative procedure and those post op and make any later treatable with proper antibiotics.

Surely their are such type materials available today or that could be manufactured at least.

Return to “Implants”