My report day by day

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MickCrowder

My report day by day

Postby MickCrowder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:32 pm

iPP day started with being at Hahnemann Hospital at 6 am. Apparently i was #1 on Dr Garbers dance card that day. Did all the usual stuff like pee in a cup, fill out or sign more forms than it took to buy my home, strip, put on the lovely gown and the slipper socks that dont fit my size 14s Then got stuck about a half dozen times for blood samples, set an IV. Then it was wait for the doctor. He got there and examined the subjects one last time and asked me if i had any questions - i did not. Now i wait to be moved to the surgical suite.
Im 57 yrs old and have dealing with ED better than 10 yrs. pills, pumps and finally injections. All worked well at first but became less effective over time. Finally decided on getting an implant. Research on this site and others helped direct what doc i would see and what type of device I have also been using my pump daily for the past 6 weeks to keep things stretched. Pump to max, hold 15 minutes, repeat.
Settled on Dr Bruce Garber in Philadelphia who would install a Coloplast Titan
Ok theyre ready for me. Into the operating suite. Slide onto the table which is shaped like a cross for your arms to lay on. The tech put a mask on me and told to breathe normally. Heard somebody else say something and that was it. Next i knew i was in recovery, no pain or discomfort of any kind and nurses were running everywhere dealing with others just out of surgery.
Took a sneak peek and found i was wearing a very tight jockstrap with a few spots of blood on it from the incisions. I aslo had a catheter and an incision drain. I am about 40% inflated and will be for the next 4 weeks.
After about 20 minutes they brought my wife back. A bit later and the doc stopped by to reassure me everything went great and he thought i would be really happy with the result. My instructions were to meet at his office next morning to check things out and remove the catheter and drain. Oh also - realized all hair from belly button to knees was gone. I pity the guy who had to shave me cause im a really hairy guy.
So once dismissed we got to our hotel, i packed my new bionic parts in ice packs, took a pain pill and went to sleep.
Just a reminder: if you are allergic to surgical tape be sure to tell to use paper tape. I forgot and now have welts all over everywhere done there.
Didnt sleep very well that night (Thursday). Friday night would prove to be a lot more 'interesting'. More on that next time

By the way, got a 22cm Titan OTR
Last edited by MickCrowder on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

jeremc

Re: My report day by day

Postby jeremc » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood! After a few weeks of down time, you'll be a teenager again!!!
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

hardernharder

Postby hardernharder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for sharing this, please tell us, for how long you used ed drugs,
also did you decided on Coloplast Titan OTR or you left it up to the Doctor to decide?
Did you have any other illness that lead you to ED?
Best Wishes!

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:55 pm

I used ED drugs for about 3 years before giving up and switching to a pump. It worked rather well but was about as romantic as a toothache. Switched to the injections for about a year then went back to the pump. After a while my wife snd i got tired of that too so started investigating an implant. Research showed colopast had fewer problems so knew thats what i wanted. I didnt need any length but was a shy in the girth dept. Called coloplast and they referred me to dr Bruce Garber in Philadelphia. Hes done over 3000 of these so figured i would be in good hands. He also has a published technique to maintain lenght and girth.
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:45 pm

IPP day plus 1
Didnt sleep much last night. Pain was manageable. Hotel was comfortable. But the damn hiccups kept me awake for hours. Managed to get a little sleep. Hiccups started right away and did not stop no matter what i tried. Every deep hiccup i felt pressure at the incision points. Met the doc at his office at 8:30 (still hiccuping). He had me drop my shorts to examine his handiwork then removed the suprapubic incision drain and then the catheter. Neither were a big deal and i didnt really feel them as they exited me. The doctor then reviewed his instructions with me in his usual clinical manner and sent me on my way. I found out i have a 22cm Titan OTR and am about 40% pumped up. It will stay that way till i see him in 4 weeks. I am not supposed to shower for 3 days. After that no swimming or gym workouts till i see him again. I have been used to morning swims and will really miss that. I also cant mow my yard for 3 weeks. At 56 i have a lot of responsibilities and this dies crimp my style a bit.
Anyway. We drove home. Im taking the pain meds on schedule need em or not. Once home find the couch, find a good movie then start feeling chills. Wife wondered whats up so took my temp. 102. Waited an hour took it again. 102
Time to call the doc. By this time its about 8:30pm
Doc says head to the nearest/largest ER. Great
Got there. Gave them the story. They examined me and did all sorts of bloodwork and chest xrays. ER doc called my doc and they decided to do an iv of antibiotic plus another antibiotic to take home.
Got home about 2am
Slept till almost 11 peed then slept some more. Btw the hiccups have not stopped.
Stay tuned for day 3
Best
Mick

pockie

Postby pockie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Hang in there, seems like you're having a bit of a rough time, but it is not as bad as the experiences I've read from other members.
The first week is the most painful, after that it gets way easier

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:47 pm

Thanks for sharing and keeping this diary. Trust the infection goes away quickly. Prayers for a soon recovery.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:45 am

Some thought on practical issues.
*Before you have the surgery start taking something like Miralax or other laxative several days in advance. I forgot this and my bowels are still trying to play catchup.
*Riding in a car requires the use of seatbelts. Unfortunately the lap belt goes right across the incision above my penis. I'm not advocating breaking the law but ill be sitting on my belt for the next several days.
*Underwear. When I woke up from surgery I had on a jockstrap that was pretty snug. I also had bandages/pads on the incision on my balls, the incision above my Dick and one wrapped around the end of my penis. He had stitched closed a hole there from an old piercing (I didn't escape middle-aged crazy 8-) wore the jockstrap until my first shower. Now am wearing plain boxers with a jockstrap over top - very comfy and keeps everything pointed north . wife bought me some Under Armor jock briefs that fit like the boxer/jock combo. Wear whatever it takes to keep your pecker pointed up .
*Ice. Keep it on. They told me in the hospital recovery to keep the ice packs on for 20 minutes 3 times each day. Bullsht. Fill the bags with ice. FInd something on tv. Leave the ice on till it melts. Get up and refill them with fresh ice. Go back to the couch or bed. Reapply the ice bags and leave um till it all melts again. REPEAT. I did this the first 3 days and I have zero swelling and nothing turned black/blue. I even went to sleep at night with at least one ice pack between my legs.
If you find some way to get rid of hiccups I would be greatful. These things are about the only discomfort i have had thrust the whole thing. I still walk like a duck but it doesn't hurt
Best
Mick

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 pm

IPP day plus 2
After last nights fever, all the medication they poured into me and getting home from the ER at 2AM I slept till almost noon. Shortly after I woke up the damn hiccups started again. Checked things out and all looked ok. Minimal swelling with zero bruising and no pain at all. Ate a bit then settled back on the couch with 3 ice packs parked between my legs. Spent the bulk of the day right there. Other than getting up to pee or refill the ice bags that about rounds out my day.

IPP day plus 3
Get to shower today. Woke up early. Had to pee. This is the first time urinating actually felt different. Not painful but it made me aware something was different. It felt kinda hot but didn't burn. Was the same the rest of the day. Still no pain at the incision sites. No bruising either. The shaft skin was a bit swollen and puffy (I am circumcised) but didn't hurt. Took off the jock strap from the hospital ($30,000 jock strap :lol: ) hit the shower and waited for something to hurt when warm water hit. To my surprise there was no pain and it felt really great! Took my time letting things soak. Examined everything closer since the bandage were now off. Scrotal incision is right on the mid line and already hard to see. There is a second one above my penis where he installed the reservoir. Its gonna scar but I'm a pretty hairy guy so guess that will get hidden in a few months. He did a repair on the underside of my penis from an old piercing with a few stitches there. Had a prince Albert piercing as a result of middle age craziness :twisted: . drying off meant gently patting down with a towel then hanging out buck naked in the bedroom for an hour or so to completely dry. Next, wearing loose boxer shorts with a jock strap over top. Got the idea from another member of our new club. Very comfy and keeps me pointing 'north' used ice packs on the couch for a couple hours then stopped them for the rest of the day.
Since right after surgery it feels like I have a basketball between my legs so have perfected my version of the duck walk. Other than these bloody hiccups (still there by the way) I have no pain, zero bruising and only the skin on the shaft of my penis is a little puffy. I'm about 40% inflated and will be till I see the doc 3 weeks from today. All in all not a bad time so far at least. I feel very fortunate and its my prayer all of you have the same good fortune. Minus the hiccups of course. I don't wish those on anybody.
More tomorrow.
Best
Mick

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:12 am

7 days post-op
Seems like things are going ok. Not much change over the past 2 or 3 days. Am able to pull down on the pump without pain. After my sack gets warmed up in the shower it hangs a little lower than it used to. The pump seems to be able to freely move and is settled low, behind and between my nuts. No danger of mistaking the nuts and pump. The pump is somewhat larger.
Woke up this morning and after some exploration felt the urge so tried a very gentle masturbation with some lube. It felt great but took quite a while. I was able to orgasm. Cum just kinda dribbled out instead of shooting but it felt really great and no pain. At least i know that works now but will give it a rest for a good while. I noticed later this morning the shaft skin is swollen somewhat and a little tender. Im just glad things work and theres no pain. So guess im progressing healing ok.
I probably wont be posting again till i see the doc to start cycling my new toy unless something major changes.
Best wishes to you guys for a quick recovery. I go back to work next week. Must say i have enjoyed doing nothing for a few days.
Best
Mick

Return to “Implants”