My Surgery Journal And Impressions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
pockie

Re: My Surgery Journal And Impressions

Postby pockie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 pm

stringerbell wrote:I'd just consider using Andrew Kramer at Maryland- tremendous volume, as high or higher than Eids. Not nearly as complicated as far as long term catheter, big new york expenses. Do a little research and consider that as an option. Garber may be in the equation too I believe.

There is no "long-term catheter". You're with a catheter the first 3 days post-op. After that, the catheter is off.

I think you might save a few hundred bucks if you go to Maryland, but making a life-changing decision over a few hundred bucks would be a unreasonable. NYC is not as expensive as people think if you plan and manage the funds correctly. See the detailed post above where I have listed the NYC expenses, it is not as bad as people make it.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:35 am

Internet has been moody today. Sorry I did not reply to your post earlier today Pockie. This was extremely helpful information. My wife lived in New York 60 years ago ( she is some bit older than me) and the idea of helping me navigate the place now scares her to death. she is one tough little Italian though and has been tough as steel through all 15 surgeries I've had in the last 30 years. On the side of that, a couple of friends told me today they are looking for an excuse to visit NY and might be willing to go along. Thank you very much. Excellent posts. I have been clinging to every word from all of you. Cheers.d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:46 am

alibaba wrote:Internet has been moody today. Sorry I did not reply to your post earlier today Pockie. This was extremely helpful information. My wife lived in New York 60 years ago ( she is some bit older than me) and the idea of helping me navigate the place now scares her to death. she is one tough little Italian though and has been tough as steel through all 15 surgeries I've had in the last 30 years. On the side of that, a couple of friends told me today they are looking for an excuse to visit NY and might be willing to go along. Thank you very much. Excellent posts. I have been clinging to every word from all of you. Cheers.d

Hey Alibaba, glad I could help.

I'm from Europe, and this was my second time visiting NYC. So I'm pretty clueless about NYC and the USA in general. Taking that into consideration, I had zero issues with finding everything - finding the pharmacies, finding Dr. Eid's office as well as the clinic where the surgery was.

Thus, based on what you told me you should have no issues at all navigating through the city, especially since your wife lived there. NYC has a very nice grid-based street layout which makes it extremely easy to navigate, especially in the part of the city where Dr. Eid's office is as well as the clinic, called the Upper East Side.

It's the era of the internet now, so it's much easier than it was before. Use google maps (maps.google.com) to find everything you'd need. With a cell-phone you basically have gps and it can guide you to whichever destination you're going, makes things very easy for walking in NYC.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks Pockie. Hope you are still doing great. After hearing years of scary stories, Dealing with ED for 18 years, then nerves about committing to another non reversible surgery when I finally found out implants existed, your time line has been a boost. Do you mind telling what E.U country you are from and why you had to come to the States for surgery or did you want the best being you are in this for a long long time? The two of us have become near hermits the last 9 years or so due to health issues and $$. Seems hard to crawl out of the cave after being in the comfort zone so long. Thanks. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:03 pm

alibaba wrote:Thanks Pockie. Hope you are still doing great. After hearing years of scary stories, Dealing with ED for 18 years, then nerves about committing to another non reversible surgery when I finally found out implants existed, your time line has been a boost. Do you mind telling what E.U country you are from and why you had to come to the States for surgery or did you want the best being you are in this for a long long time? The two of us have become near hermits the last 9 years or so due to health issues and $$. Seems hard to crawl out of the cave after being in the comfort zone so long. Thanks. d

Hey Alibaba,

I'm from Croatia, located in Southeast Europe.

In the whole continent of Europe there are barely any surgeons that specialize in implants, implants are still a big stigmatized here and are rare. The surgeons doing implants are regular urologist surgeons, which do all kinds of procedures, and most of them barely do a handful of implants per year. Thus I didn't want to put myself in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon. I've read too many horror stories and in most cases there was a common denominator - an inexperienced or bad surgeon. There's just too much that can go wrong if the surgeon doesn't know what he's doing. I saw one local surgeon which wanted to implant me with a 1 piece malleable implant, which after doing some research I found out that it would've been an awful idea. This guy made a lot of unrealistic promises.
I've researched all of implant surgeons in Europe, and the best one in the whole continent of Europe is probably as good as an average implant surgeon in the USA.

That's why I did extensive research and decided to go with Dr. Eid's who I think did a fantastic job.

pockie

Postby pockie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Update to my Journal:

July 3rd and July 4th - Practicing pumping and another measurement

I was actively practicing pumping and deflating these past few days. I left it inflated for about 30 minute and had some discomfort but not too much.
I'm now having zero pain while laying down or sitting. I've been finally given the green light to sit which makes life easier, since I wasn't allowed to
the first week post-op, and couldn't do simple stuff like sit at a restaurant for a meal. Pumping seems fairly easy, and the pump is gradually getting softer. I'm using both hands to pump for now, but I think I'll get to a point where I could do it with one hand with no problem. Deflating is a bit trickier for me, since my scrotal sack would often pinch when I'm pressing the deflate button, and it would hurt. I'm still trying to perfect the press and squeeze deflation technique. Basically, once you have press the deflate button (just press it, not hold it) you have to squeeze your penis and it will deflate. I'm still not able to do this in one go, and often find my self having to press the deflate button 2-3 times in order to fully deflate

I decided to be a bit more active on the 3rd of July, and have a bit of fun. So I went to a nice roof-top bar in Brooklyn. I wasn't too comfortable there, I was feeling significant discomfort in my penis. It felt like there was pressure in the penis.
I am located in Midtown Manhattan, and had to take a couple of different subway trains to get to Brooklyn, as well as walk a bit to get to the bar. My penis didn't react too well to this, and it started to hurt. Sitting down helped significantly, while either standing up or walking would give me the discomfort. It wasn't a usual type of pain, it was like there's too much pressure in my penis. Maybe this is partially due to the jeans I'm wearing which might be constricting something.

My point here is that it is too early for me to be active and walk for a longer distance, so I will be mostly resting. The good thing is that I'm located in a nice area of Manhattan with a lot of bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks. So instead of going somewhere further away, I'll go somewhere close to avoid having discomfort.

On the 4th of July, I pumped myself up again, and got myself a bit aroused so that I can make another measurement.

Aroused, I was able to measure my length at 7 inches, with which I'm extremely pleased. I've read so many stories about people going from 7 inches to 4-5" inches and was very concerned that I'll lose a lot. I was measuring 6.75 to 7.25 pre-op, so by the way things are looking I will not be losing much size, if any at all. I was expecting that it would take 6 months of pumping to get to this size, but it seems I was fortunate to be this big right after srugery. If I'm like the other people here, I'll grow a bit by pumping daily in the first few months, so I might end up with a fairly lengthy penis!

Girth-wise it seems that I lost a bit more, but it's not too bad. I had a lot to begin with - 7 inches on the thickest part of my penis pre-op. It looks less thick but seems to get close to pre-op while aroused. Without arousal it looks flat. I do not have the proper measuring tape to measure the girth. I'm sure girth will improve as I pump daily

The important part is that I have a rock-hard penis with a solid size. It's still weird and shocking to me to see it that hard, without it going down. I'm instinctively waiting for it go down. Even after pumping for a few days, I still find myself waiting for it go down, but it doesn't haha :D :mrgreen:

Zac37zg

Postby Zac37zg » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Lijepi pozdrav pockie

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:25 pm

:D :D :D
Thank you for sharing your story and welcome young Pockie with the eternal internal hard on from Croatia. Glad the tool in your tool meets all expectations. I am very lucky to have made friends around the world via the internet. You are the first Croatian. d

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:52 pm

pockie wrote:
stringerbell wrote:I'd just consider using Andrew Kramer at Maryland- tremendous volume, as high or higher than Eids. Not nearly as complicated as far as long term catheter, big new york expenses. Do a little research and consider that as an option. Garber may be in the equation too I believe.

There is no "long-term catheter". You're with a catheter the first 3 days post-op. After that, the catheter is off.

I think you might save a few hundred bucks if you go to Maryland, but making a life-changing decision over a few hundred bucks would be a unreasonable. NYC is not as expensive as people think if you plan and manage the funds correctly. See the detailed post above where I have listed the NYC expenses, it is not as bad as people make it.

By long term he means three days vs a day or less like we did. I don't think u can go wrong with either but Maryland with a 20hr cath seems a lot more manageable than managing NYC and 3 day$ of catheter, assuming all other things being equal. I

mpressed you are pumping already! Great stuff in here. Congrats & thanks again for sharing!

pockie

Postby pockie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Zac - Hvala Puno
Alibaba- Thanks for the words of praise and encouragement. Hope you'll finally take the plunge and have a procedure done.
Chiali - I'm looking at the big picture, 3 days vs 1 day cathter won't mean much in the long run. As far as the NYC part, NYC has been very enjoyable for me, great city and it contributed to having a better overall experienced. It has been quite an adventure coming from Europe to this big city alone, having surgery and exploring the city. I've never been to Maryland, but I'm sure I'd prefer NYC over it.

I've been feeling some pain in my penis, especially in the top part near the glans. This pain is more pronounced when I'm standing or walking, and less pronounced while I'm laying down on the bed and resting. This pain is not where the sutures are, it is inside the penis, and it is most prounounced near the glans. Maybe the implant tips touching the glans is causing some pain.

Maybe it's because I've started pumping and my penis is hurting due to it. I'm hoping it's nothing serious, nor an indication of a possible complication.

Has anyone encountered this? I'm about 10 days post surgery so I wanted to know whether this is normal or if I should be concerned/

I'm seeing Dr. Eid tomorrow to have my sutures removed, and we'll see what he has to say about this.

Return to “Implants”