9 WEEKS AND COUNTING

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

9 WEEKS AND COUNTING

Postby rglassva » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:41 pm

9 Weeks from tomorrow - on 8/26 - I will be bionic! I guess it's really happening. . . got all the paperwork from the doc's office to fill out and return, plus paperwork for my PCP to complete after I get my pre-operative testing done here.. . .what an ordeal but better safe than sorry. Dr. Kramer in Baltimore has been great - even answering my e-mails - most within 30 minutes. After chatting with many of you about him, visiting him, and checking out his website, I am very comfortable having him take care of me and "junior". Going with the AMS LGX because . . .well. . . I need all the L and the G X-pansion I can get plus AMS is offering payment assistance through the middle of September. I didn't qualify for the grant but I'll take the 2-years no interest financing any day. Thanks to everyone over the last few years who has listened to my story, offered advice, or just chatted when I needed to chat. I'll keep updating as time draws closer and of course afterwards as well. Countdown begins!
Rick :P
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

chiali09

Re: 9 WEEKS AND COUNTING

Postby chiali09 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm on day 6 post-Kramer. Excellent choice. Good luck!

Are you flying in?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Hey Rick, I just remembered I was supposed to suggest some questions you might want to ask Dr. Kramer. Obviously I forgot all about it - I have to chalk it up to advanced age I guess. Best of luck, and here's hoping for a great outcome!

Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

rglassva

Re: 8 WEEKS AND COUNTING

Postby rglassva » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 am

And then there were 8 - weeks to surgery, that is. Seems like lots of guys have been getting implanted lately - must be that time of year? I have learned or will be taking away info from each post I have read - so interesting how everyone's experience is a little bit different even though the surgery is pretty much the same - chalk it up to differences in anatomy I guess. Any other tips or info from the Bionic Brotherhood are greatly appreciated - things I should or should not be doing leading up to surgery? One thing for sure, after reading about scar tissue related to trimix that some have experienced, I'll be laying off that until 8/26 for sure. . . no need to muddy the waters down there any more than they are already. Updates as there are any . . . .
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:37 pm

rglassva wrote:And then there were 8 - weeks to surgery, that is. Seems like lots of guys have been getting implanted lately - must be that time of year? I have learned or will be taking away info from each post I have read - so interesting how everyone's experience is a little bit different even though the surgery is pretty much the same - chalk it up to differences in anatomy I guess. Any other tips or info from the Bionic Brotherhood are greatly appreciated - things I should or should not be doing leading up to surgery? One thing for sure, after reading about scar tissue related to trimix that some have experienced, I'll be laying off that until 8/26 for sure. . . no need to muddy the waters down there any more than they are already. Updates as there are any . . . .

I will become a bionic brother on July 9th, going with Dr Morey from Dallas TX. I have been told that the device choice is up to the Dr, because they really won't know your true size capacity until you go under the knife. I have asked for the Titian OTR to be ready (mostly because of less complaints about the pump)
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:42 am

well, 9 weeks is now 6 and I'll join the bionic brotherhood - made my pre-op appt. with doc here in town yesterday - will travel to Baltimore on 8/25, surgery with Dr. Kramer on 8/26. Still excited, not nervous at all. I'm reading the implant threads just about daily for encouragement - almost everyone lately seems to be having good experiences - hope to follow in those footsteps. For those that have just gone through it recently - please feel free to forward any last minute "don't forge to's" or "I wish I would have's" - all are helpful. So far I need to remember to tell doc - "size aggressively so I can put that LGX to work" and "don't forget about that ventral phalloplasty you promised" (get rid of some of that turkey neck underneath). Thanks for everyone's support thus far.
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 am

One suggestion - take the hospital urinal home with you. You'll find it comes in handy the first couple of days.
Good luck!
Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:01 pm

One thing i would suggest is if you havent been doing so already and if you have one, use the pump every day for about 20 minutes. I did every day for 8 weeks and credit that for helping retain what length/girth i had. I also took these guys recommendations and bought some under armour jock briefs. They are way more comfortable after surgery than the jockstrap they put on me in OR.
Best of luck to you. Youre about to join a great brotherhood! The guys here were really helpful to me when i was getting ready for my surgery.
Mick
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

dhenry

Postby dhenry » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 pm

greetings,

i had been using a penis extender for months prior to the actual operation. the surgeon's assistance came into the pre op room where i received my IV's. since i didn't see the actual surgeon because i was already asleep by the time i reached the OR, no one was advised of my pre surgery efforts. so i don't know if my efforts were noticeable or not. so should you attempt the vacuum let the surgical team know what you have been doing.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:01 pm

FIVE weeks from today I will join the bionic brotherhood! Still not nervous - just excited - maybe a bit of nervous excitement. E-mailed Dr. Kramer yesterday to ask about pumping between now and surgery - heard from a lot of gents on here that they did and/or were told to. Dr. Kramer's response: "Sure, it can't hurt. There's no definitive evidence one way or the other. Whatever you choose to do would be completely fine." Sooooo. . . . I guess I will - :)
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Return to “Implants”