26 Year Old Contemplating Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
btraws5

26 Year Old Contemplating Implant

Postby btraws5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:59 am

Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for a couple months and thank you all for the help it has provided. Long story short, I've been having severe erectile dysfunction for the last 2 years, with pills having little to no effect (Can get good erections for a couple seconds, but will immediately go down if not intensely stimulated while kegels are clenched). Morning wood is pretty much non-existent, although once in a while I'll get something but it never has any staying power. I did have hip surgery about 2.5 years ago which potentially messed with the pudendal nerve, but that is speculation. For the last year, I have been using bimix - when it works, it definitely works, but I find the results are inconsistent; I plump up and inject in similar spots: Sometimes it works as advertised, and sometimes it doesn't at all leading to very disappointing and awkward encounters.

Either way though, I am becoming more and more convinced that injections are just not the long-term solution for me. To be 26 and be on a regimented schedule of around 3 times a week having sex is killer (and the constant worry on whether it will decide to work the night you've chosen). I still want a sex life of spontaneity and much higher frequency than injections allow. I find myself subconsciously avoiding getting into anything consistently serious due to the fact that it would become apparent quite quickly that I was limited.

So my questions are:

1. Am I crazy at this age for considering an implant?

2. I have heard different answers on whether scarring from injections can potentially complicate an implant - anyone have good information on this?

3. Regarding an implant, besides for the #1 concern which is obviously the rare infection, girth is an issue. I am 6.75 " in length, and thus I don't think I would be totally devastated if I lost a little bit (but obviously I still would be unhappy about it). However,
I am 4.75 " in girth and thus a wee bit on the skinny side, and a half inch loss would definitely be worrisome, an inch loss would be very devastating to me I think.
Yet I have noticed some people talk about most of their girth loss coming from the lack of engorgement of their corpus spongiosum (the underside of the penis). My penis has always been pretty oval shaped, with most of the girth caused by the corpus cavernosa, and not too much coming from the spongiosum. Maybe that would put me in a good position to not have terrible girth loss? Does anyone have any good information or thoughts about this distinction?

I know this is long and detailed but please feel free to only address certain parts or questions as opposed to the whole thing. Information is power and I hope other people can find this thread useful. I am obviously scared at 26 of intensive surgery on my manhood and really want to make an informed decision on whether to do it.

Thanks so much!
John

pockie

Re: 26 Year Old Contemplating Implant

Postby pockie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 am

29 year old here, about to have my procedure done in 2 weeks *gulp*

From what I've read, if you're measured correctly and fitted with the proper implant, you can even
be bigger in girth than before.

You need to find a experienced surgeon and discuss all of this with him.

Some types of implants are better suited for girth than others. The surgeons prefer either
Coloplast or AMS type of implant. Talk to experiences surgeons to get insight on both types of implants.

I think the Coloplast Titan is best suited for girth, but don't take my word for it - research it more. Others please chime in
here regarding this.

As far as length, you usually lose some, however if everything is done correctly it is often
less than half an inch, in best case scenarios the same as before suregery. With a good surgeon the size loss can be marginal.

NickNickNick

Postby NickNickNick » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

1. Nope. Plenty of young guys on here have had it done. Lot's younger than you (i.e. 19 years old)
2. Scarring can cause your penis to start bending, but it will not cause any type of complications for future implants. If anything, an implant fixes the problem.
3. Loss of length is more common than loss of girth. Girth TENDS to either be the same or even bigger in some cases. Mine's much thicker than it was before.

If you decide to get one, the number one thing is to make sure you go to a surgeon that knows what the fuck they are doing. That makes all the difference.

Good luck
Nick
AMS 700 LGX. Edward Karpman, California. 02/2015

btraws5

Postby btraws5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 am

NickNickNick wrote:3. Loss of length is more common than loss of girth. Girth TENDS to either be the same or even bigger in some cases. Mine's much thicker than it was before.

Nick

That's why I think it might be helpful to compile some information about pre-op shape - if the shape beforehand makes a difference in satisfaction with post-op girth. Pre-op, were you more oval-shaped, or did you get a lot of corpus spongiosum engorgement that contributed to your girth (which probably would have made the pre-op shape more triangular/cylindrical)?

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:33 am

You are definitely a candidate for an implant. I would arrange a consultation with a surgeon. I strongly suggest going with a top surgeon. Where are you located?

btraws5

Postby btraws5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm

I am going to start a new thread re: girth and penis shape

btraws5

Postby btraws5 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:52 am

Also, for someone young who will probably have to have multiple implants over their life, do they risk size loss every time? That could definitely prove very problematic, no?

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:05 am

btraws5 wrote:Also, for someone young who will probably have to have multiple implants over their life, do they risk size loss every time? That could definitely prove very problematic, no?

If surgery is done by a top surgeon, you shouldn't lose any length barring any complications. As for revisions, usually a larger implant is placed, as the penile tissue stretches out over time.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Sun May 07, 2017 7:46 pm

The biggest worry I have is that since I'm also in my twenties...we're eventually going to have up to 10 implants/surgeries if we happen to live long. With 10 surgeries, the risk of something going wrong is pretty large. Losing sensitivity after each operation wouldn't be good...but quite possible.

Any comments on that?

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun May 07, 2017 10:25 pm

JayGould wrote:The biggest worry I have is that since I'm also in my twenties...we're eventually going to have up to 10 implants/surgeries if we happen to live long. With 10 surgeries, the risk of something going wrong is pretty large. Losing sensitivity after each operation wouldn't be good...but quite possible.

Any comments on that?

There is a guy here that says he's had 10 implants. Talk to him!

Return to “Implants”