Revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jerseyhulk

Re: Revision

Postby jerseyhulk » Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:
hogfish57 wrote:Revision complete sitting in hospital waiting discharge. Need to find out why two incisions one scrotal and one pubic. Pain is very manageable so far. Old reservoir could not be removed so he left it and put new one beside it. Worse part has been the nausea. Will keep the board posted during the several weeks. Mike

hogfish57, why couldn't they remove the old reservoir ?

I'm pondering the same question. I'm no doctor but that seems like it will cause complications with the new one. Hope it works out for you.

hogfish57

Postby hogfish57 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm

After 12 years it would have done more damage to dig it out

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri May 22, 2015 4:09 pm

PCHelp76180 wrote:
KMeister wrote:I'm on my third implant in four years. The two Titans didn't work for me. Doc switched to AMS. Seems to be better.

Surgery brings some risks but with an experienced doctor the risks are minimized. Make sure your doctor listens to you when you speak. I also believe its best to choose a doctor who's not exclusively wedded to one implant company. Twelve years, huh? The newer ones are definitely easier to deflate. Revisions are breeze. Off with the old and in with the new!

KMeister

KMeister, why didn't the Titans work for you?

Floppy head issue with the first so doc did a revision in which he burrowed out more space in my glands. Unfortunately, after a couple of years one of the cylinders in the new set was defective and developed a bulge, so it was back to the op table. My doc (who has been doing implants for well over a generation) told me he consulted with another top urologist--recently retired-- and was advised to switch to the AMS. I said OK; this one (AMS CX 700) seems to be working out. I've maintained my eight-inch length and might be a tad wider. Third time's charm...

KMeister

Return to “Implants”