How Long will Pain Last

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SR68GTO

How Long will Pain Last

Postby SR68GTO » Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 am

I recently had my third surgery. My first was to insert an inflatable last July which ended in infection. The second was to replace the inflatable with a semi-rigid which left me with constant pain for 8 months. My third surgery was three weeks ago to remove the semi-rigid and replace with a new AMS inflatable.

After three weeks I still have pain in the perineum and the penis but not as much as before and it appears there is no infection this time. The doctor tells me this is normal and I may have discomfort after the latest surgery for 2 to maybe 3 months.

I know everyone is different and the recuperation period varies especially with as many surgeries as I have had.

My question is, can you share with me how long your recuperation period was? I am very paranoid after what I have experienced this past year and would really like some reassurance what I am feeling is normal.

Thanks to all.

avlis26

Re: How Long will Pain Last

Postby avlis26 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:57 am

Hi SR68GTO,

Have you been activated yet? If not, are you totally deflated or partial inflated?
I'm almost 7 weeks post op and I was left partial inflated during the first 3 weeks and I can tell you I had lots of discomfort during that time.
It got much better when the doctor deflated me and today the only pain I have is when I pump to max.

I believe your doctor is right.. give it time and you'll fell much better

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon May 18, 2015 3:13 pm

I was about 90% deflated the day after surgery. I experimented with "pump up" last Saturday on my own (3 weeks post op). It pumped up fairly easily to about 50%, then I stopped for fear, since it had only been 3 weeks, I might screw things up. Problem is now I can't seem to get it deflated ... very uncomfortable!

I have a CX. I think I found the "button" but it just doesn't seem to work. Tried getting into a hot bath and even asked my wife to try but can't seem to get it. I am doing something wrong. I have heard people have had problems early on but once you get it, it gets easier. I'll keep trying but I see the Doc next Tuesday so hopefully if I am not successful he will be able to do it.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:22 pm

SR68GTO wrote:I was about 90% deflated the day after surgery. I experimented with "pump up" last Saturday on my own (3 weeks post op). It pumped up fairly easily to about 50%, then I stopped for fear, since it had only been 3 weeks, I might screw things up. Problem is now I can't seem to get it deflated ... very uncomfortable!

I have a CX. I think I found the "button" but it just doesn't seem to work. Tried getting into a hot bath and even asked my wife to try but can't seem to get it. I am doing something wrong. I have heard people have had problems early on but once you get it, it gets easier. I'll keep trying but I see the Doc next Tuesday so hopefully if I am not successful he will be able to do it.

Did you get a keychain copy of the pump? They usually give one to you. Makes it super easy to identify all parts.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Yeah, I did and that helps but for some reason I just haven't been able to press it right I guess. It's got me bugged because I was so concerned about the "pump-up" part which turned out pretty easy. I'll keep trying.

Return to “Implants”