Pre Op Testing / Healing Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AccidentMike

Pre Op Testing / Healing Time

Postby AccidentMike » Wed May 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Ok, so I am scheduled for Monday morning to go under the knife..... little nervous but have faith in Dr. Garber. I am lucky to live within driving distance of the hospital and office.

I have done some searching to find out some info and still have fear/doubt/thoughts about:

1. Pre op testing Dr. Garber does, what and how long (forgot to ask)
2. Healing time, he said 4/6 weeks... thats alot of time off work!!
3. Floppy head
4. Reaching climax with girlfriend

I have a positive attitude and know this has to be better then pills ( expenxive and not working all the time), and am thankful for the info this board provides. I really thought I was alone or one of the few that had this issue. Wow was I worng!!

As always, all input is openly welcome

KMeister

Re: Pre Op Testing / Healing Time

Postby KMeister » Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

AccidentMike wrote:Ok, so I am scheduled for Monday morning to go under the knife..... little nervous but have faith in Dr. Garber. I am lucky to live within driving distance of the hospital and office.

I have done some searching to find out some info and still have fear/doubt/thoughts about:

1. Pre op testing Dr. Garber does, what and how long (forgot to ask)
2. Healing time, he said 4/6 weeks... thats alot of time off work!!
3. Floppy head
4. Reaching climax with girlfriend

I have a positive attitude and know this has to be better then pills ( expenxive and not working all the time), and am thankful for the info this board provides. I really thought I was alone or one of the few that had this issue. Wow was I worng!!

As always, all input is openly welcome

Prop testing? I wouldn't know the answer for your particular doctor.

Healing time? Doc G didn't mean 4/6 weeks convalescing; more like 4/6 weeks before your life starts approaching normal again. (You're not going to run a marathon after 4/6 weeks.) Some men go back to work after a few days. I have a very low pain threshold, so I usually took two weeks off. Fortunately I work (soon to be "worked) for a school system so I scheduled surgery around Christmas or summer vacation.

Floppy head? Happens less these days; comes mostly from a surgeon being too conservative worrying about erosion. (I had floppy head myself but mine came from the cylinders not being able to push through to the glands, so I had to have another procedure in which the doctor tunneled into the glands.) From what I heard about Dr. G your chances of floppy head with him are virtually nonexistent.

Reaching climax? No problems reaching climax--but definitely take it easy the first few times. No fierce handjobs.

KMeister

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Garber is one of the best. You made a wise decision going with him. You'll be fine.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 pm

I took two days laying flat then 10 days off work gradually working up to walking and sitting more as recommended by Dr Kramer. Back at desk job work since Monday and still sore to sit for long periods but better each day. Floppy head as mentioned unlikely with a doc that does them all the time like your doc. No issues with responsiveness personally though waiting 4 weeks for intercourse until cleared by my doc thought suspect I could struggle through even this early. Still a scab and sensitive area where incision was but no swelling or bruising. Your choice to go with a top surgeon like Dr G is the best way to reduce risks of less than satisfactory outcomes.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Return to “Implants”