Implant is done (one year anniversary 04/29/16)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

Re: Implant is done

Postby RelievedofED1 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:54 am

KMeister wrote:Great news. Welcome to the brotherhood. As I have mentioned in the past, wait until you see our secret handshake. ;-)

KMeister

Now that's funny (or scary)
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Day 12 postop and things are still moving forward. Still sore at incision site and first day at work today and I found out just how hard my desk chair is!!! after 4 hours of sitting I had two meetings cancel and I came home to my recliner and took a one hour nap. Would have to say sitting still the sorest but really have been blessed so far wth no swelling. Minimal bruising that went away in a week and cylinders pain free. Pump sits low and easy to palpate so should be easy to find and pump once I am cleared. So far I cant say enough about Dr Kramer andd his team. I know problems can arise after inflation and infections show up 2-3 months later but so far this has been wayyyyy easier than I imagined. Hope those that had theirs recently and those about to have one have similar experiences to mine.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:32 pm

My doctor gave me permission to take the implant for a test drive early. Able to inflate and deflate easily after initial resistance. Tried less than 100% inflation stopping when sore and letting it sit for a bit. Actually tried the real thing with my wife this AM only partially inflated and very gently and it worked! I know I am very lucky to be where I am at two and a half weeks out but so far so good. Wanted to reassure those who are on the fence that things so far are better than I could have hoped. Hopefully things continue to move forward this way. Oh and I asked my wife if she noticed anything when she touched me and her response was it feels normal and that unlike guys women aren't so penis centric and would be unlikely to notice anything to look or touch except if feeling scrotum and maybe felt pump. She said no one would ever know!!!!

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:03 pm

MarloStanfield1940 wrote:BillyB,
I can't believe you're at 2.5 weeks and able to cycle your device. Your result has been unbelievably and incredibly fast and complication free. Who did yours? I'm guessing Dr. Kramer in Baltimore based on your experience and ease of recovery

Yes it was Dr Kramer. I'm afraid to say too much at this point as I know infections and complications can happen 2 months out but I have been incredibly blessed so far. Granted my ED was from nerve damage as a child and worse with venous leak as I got older. I have had urethral surgery twice the most recent in November with an incredible urethral repair doc at Lahey in Burlington Mass Dr Vanni and had a suprapubic cath for a month that Dr Kramer worked around with reservoir placement due to scarring. But no prostate surgery or penile shortening as I have been able to get erections with injections before deciding to have an implant. That said so far I cant say enough about Dr Kramer and his team. He has even called me and emailed to check in post op since I didnt call him with any issues and I live 10 hours away. Said he just wanted to make sure I was doing well. He also arranged closer followup when my urologist group locally refused to see me since I didnt pick them to do the implant. Their group does fewer a year than he does in a month. I am not the usual patient or result for sure but I think having Dr Kramer equals a higher chance of success.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:30 pm

3 week anniversary today. Pain zero or 1/10 perineal area between scrotum and butt when I sit for long periods. Using a pillow on my office chair. Otherwise Minimal discomfort when not pumped . Driving ok now. Slight tendency for penis to bend to left with a palpable fold in cylinder easy to un fold and goes away with inflation. Started at 10-14 pumps for 5-10 minutes last Saturday Sunday and now easily up to 22-24 pumps before really uncomfortable. I don't want to push it to max since not 4 weeks yet so I deflate if painful but leaving up 10-15 minutes twice a day. Hoping I will have opportunity to try out intercourse again this weekend.

Dr Kramer so great. Has answered a couple of emails re when I can swim and use hot tub which he says is ok now. Can't say enough about his surgery skills and post op regimen that seem to be working. Happy so far that I bit the bullet and just did it with Dr Kramer and his team.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sat May 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Agree, I can't sing Dr. Kramer's praises enough. Terrific guy and master craftsman.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:15 am

stringerbell wrote:Agree, I can't sing Dr. Kramer's praises enough. Terrific guy and master craftsman.

absolutely agree. I almost feel guilty I have done so well but have Dr Kramer and his instructions to do NOTHING after surgery to blame for the success I think. I have done minor surgery and watched and assisted on just about every kind of surgery including working with internationally known surgeons. Looking at Dr Kramer's hand motions versus others convinced me to travel 10 hours and risk the need for long distance followup. I'm sure others have had great success with their docs but Dr Kramer is smart to post so many videos as anyone that has seen many different surgeries will be comforted and impressed by his technique. Throw in his bedside manner and I almost start to sound like a groupie.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Well I am 4 1/2 weeks out from my implant and I am well healed. I am still getting used to being somewhat stiff all the time (it used to just be my personality that way) but only an occasional twinge if the cylinder is dog eared on one side. I still have a bit of a right side fills first preference that results in a bend to the left but that corrects as I continue to pump or if I move the shaft around. I am surprised at the number of pumps to max which I am doing for 10-15 minutes at least twice a day. I have to pump 35 or more full pumps with partial pumps to 45 or more. I wonder if I will just build muscle in my hand or if I will have difficulty in older years. That said I really don't need to pump that much to get an erection hard enough for sex. Pump isn't painful anymore to squeeze though never much discomfort and minimal to no discomfort at incision. Orgasm quality and ease the same or better. I have my official checkup locally in a couple of weeks but feels like it will just be a yup you are OK visit. After hearing some of the struggles others have had I feel blessed as this was a very easy surgery to go through with spectacular results for me. With stimulation I look almost the same as before the implant with injections without the hassle and discomfort and having to bring needles with me on trips. Flew for the first time this week and had a scare when the metal detector went off but turned out to be buttons on sport coat. If you are struggling with ED please speak to a high volume implant doc to see if it is right for you. Very glad I did it so far.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:44 am

Well just had my official postop checkup Thursday with a local surgeon Dr Kramer arranged for me to see instead of a trip back to Baltimore. He said everything looks great and was amazed at how quickly I healed. I commented that I was a little smaller than preop still even though I have been cycling implant since about 17 days out with my docs approval due to rapid healing (and probably because I am a physician). I told him my wife is happy with the slight decrease in length and girth as I was always just a bit big for her but he said not to get used to that as he expects everyone to get bigger 6-12 months out. I say this to reassure everyone that is concerned about size as I was clearly thrilled with my healing and current size. I have a penis that I could use anytime with 100% certainty it will work at a size both my wife and I like (happy wife happy life) and he still commented "you will get bigger even though your wife is happy now". Not trying to appease me and it was Dr Kramer's surgery not his so he wan't covering for his surgery results. Those of you that are concerned immediately post op , that I have seen posting lately, try to focus on the great erection results to look forward to and at least initially not focus on the early size results as they arent the finished product per all the docs who do this. For those who havent had this done go to a high volume surgeon and get an opinion about if an implant is the correct option for you. And if you have the ability to use Dr Kramer for an opinion do it!!!!! He will be worth the trip. Did I mention how great it is to get an erection on command that only leaves when you tell it to? :-) Thanks for all your support on this journey and your Frank postings. I learned a lot.

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:08 am

Really glad to hear you are doing so well. Hope mine goes just like yours. I am getting my implant next Thursdày, 5 days away. Seemed like it would never get here. Now im getting a little nervous about it :) . But not deterred especially with post op reports like yours! Hope it continues great for you. Did your doc leave you inflated? If so for how long? My doc is Garber in Philadelphia and i hear i'll be partially inflated for 4 weeks.
Best of luck and God bless.
Mick
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

Return to “Implants”