Tests Before Surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hardernharder

Tests Before Surgery

Postby hardernharder » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello,
This is my first post, Thank you all for sharing your stories and knowledge here!

I wanted to know what are the common per-operative implant tests and visits.
I am thinking of going with Dr. Andrew Kramer.

Many Thanks in Advance!

pockie

Re: Tests Before Surgery

Postby pockie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Taken from the Dr. Perito website, this is what is required from you to have available pre-op:
CBC, PT, PTT, BMP, URINE ANALYSIS, CHEST X-RAY, EKG AND MEDICAL CLEARANCE LETTER (the medical clearance is valid up to 30 days prior to surgery)

I've heard that some doctors such as Dr. Eid inject you with medication that will induce an erection, so that they can properly measure the capacity of your erect penis and find the proper sized implant. This is done in order to minimize the possibility of penile shortening and ensure that your implant is a perfect fit.
Last edited by pockie on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Kramer will refer you to your PCP for pre-op examination. In my case he didn't do any additional testing himself - he said if the cause is venous leak, for example, the solution is the implant so there's no point in testing for it. He did confer with my PCP - I had a long history of ED: pills had stopped working and injections failed. He may do testing in some cases, though.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:30 pm

My experience was a lot like Dave's in that I didn't have any pre-op tests other than a blood test & EKG. My surgeon works with the same group of doctors who I was already seeing for my ED. I also had an obvious venous leak for which an implant is really the only option. Therefore it would have been redundant to have a lot of the tests that are sometimes done, especially when I was referred to the surgeon by another doctor within the urological group.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm

I had blood work and an EKG done in the hospital less than an hour before the surgery.
There wasn't any need to test me as for the ED. It was already very well documented over a 5 year period.
I was told I had venous leakage and then the prostatectomy was the final nail in the ED coffin

Love the implant.
I pointed out to my wife that with the advent of the implant and if you had a prostatectomy, that "Faking It" was no longer the sole domain of women.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Return to “Implants”