Surgury Scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AccidentMike

Surgury Scheduled

Postby AccidentMike » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Well,... been through all the testing and and now scheduled for May 13th. Mind is running wild with 100 questions, what can go wrong, how long off work, support,.....
I have been doing my research on the board but mind till running wild

Mike

RelievedofED1

Re: Surgury Scheduled

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 am

Same here Mike. I think it is a sign of intelligence to worry but at the same time decide to do something to fix an important problem that for years has been relegated to an oh well get over it at least you dont have a terminal disease category. This site has been very helpful to hear so many success stories despite the fact that usually the most vocal are those without success. To be able to hear thoughtful stories of personal experiences great and not so great has been helpful to me as I wait for the day. Stay busy and hopefully the waiting wont be too bad.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:32 pm

I think it natural to worry in some manner, but if you choose a surgeon that is on the "highly recommended" list here and do your research so that you have the utmost confidence then you must put your trust in that surgeon and be content. Something can go wrong with a tooth extraction, and yes I know, tooth extraction is not your "manhood" but if you are going to be "healed" from ED then think of all the positive. This may sound foolish, but speaking very general, "what do you have to loose"? Most anything that could go wrong is fixable...again be positive and trust that surgeon.as for me, I would/did/do put trust elsewhere also, but that is up to you. Not to say I was not nervous, but I knew there was just so much to gain. My surgery was not perfect, but close enough, and I am so very pleased.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

AccidentMike

Postby AccidentMike » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks for the support, I have done my homework and read past post, positives and negatives with procedure and i agree the positive outweighs all!! My biggest fear is the floppy head syndrome, coldness and ability to ejaculate. You see, before the accident, with my girlfriend it was anywhere, anytime, just bring it!! Looking to get that back in our relationship.

Dr. Bruce Garber will be performing the surgery and I feel that I am in good hands. He has completed 1000's of successful operations and fully explained all risk. I will be getting the Titan OTR model and really would leave the choice up to the expert, (the doc). I am starting to do more crunches, squats, and running so recovery will be less painful and quicker.

Any and all suggestions welcome

JTVallee

Postby JTVallee » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 pm

I took 3 weeks off work which was enough but I wouldn't want to have taken less. I'm 48 and am on my feet 60 percent of the time at work.
Titan OTR March 9th 2015 at age 48
ED all my life started with shots until oral meds became available the quit working went back to shots u til they quit then got my implant from Dr. Jodie U of Minnesota
Couldn't be happier

Return to “Implants”