Getting close to surgery date

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

Getting close to surgery date

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:02 am

Starting to get excited and anxious as my planned implant date is under 3 weeks away. Dr Kramer will be doing surgery on a Wednesday and I plan to stay in Baltimore for two nights then drive back to New England which is about 8-9 hours depending on stops. I would love to hear any words of wisdom or insights into what the discomfort was like postop and suggestions for ride home in terms of ice packs, meds etc. I am allergic to aspirin, Ibuprofen etc so limited to Tylenol or opiates which I am not a fan of. Thoughts around feasibility of an 8 hour drive as a passenger or if I will be able to drive as I am not the best passenger. :-) Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

dg_moore

Re: Getting close to surgery date

Postby dg_moore » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 am

Dr Kramer did my implant in 2008 and it was altogether a good experience. After the first day I only needed Tylenol and ice packs for discomfort, and that was gone within a few days. Riding home the morning after surgery was uncomfortable, but not unbearable - but there is no way I could have done the driving. In fact, I wasn't able to drive at all until about 8 or 10 days after surgery - it was just too uncomfortable. Also, my drive from the hospital to home was 25 minutes - big difference. Everybody's different, though - you may be able to do some driving, but I guarantee you'll know in about a second if it's going to be possible.

Best of luck to you!
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am

I know how you feel, the waiting is the hardest part, but the date will be here before you know it. I'm at 18 days post implant and am doing very well, at least according to my PA. As far as meds, I hate taking narcotics, but was prescribed Percocet 10 post surgery to take every 8 hours, but that I could take them every 4 hours if needed. Well, I needed to go the every 4 hour route for about 6 days, then I could get by taking Aleve a couple of times a day. My ride home was only 40 minutes, 4 hours post surgery, and the Percocet made the pain bearable. Once home, I was instructed to stay reclined for 4-5 days, to keep the swelling down, and to use ice packs for the first 48 hours for both pain and swelling. By day 16, I was healed up and out of pain enough to start inflating and deflating the device.

Best of luck to you & congrats on joining the "Bionic Brotherhood"
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 am

6 days to go before my surgery. Aside from the anxiety of no turning back if not a good outcome (every surgeon has those occasionally) still looking for any advice as to what to do post op. I'm sure Dr Kramer will have advice but looking for real world experiences that seemed to work. Ice? Bedrest? Walking and how soon after? supportive underwear? Hoping to run any of these by Dr Kramer at my preop Tuesday. Thanks for any tips that worked for you or for that matter thngs not to do that made you worse in hindight.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:34 am

Hey billb603 your implant day is only a few days away. I'm being implanted on May 20 and I'm 33 year old. I would like to hear your experience after surgery and any advice you can give me since my big day is coming soon. Take care bro.

Return to “Implants”