Who did your implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alan46

Who did your implant?

Postby alan46 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Who did your implant? A local doctor or someone well known?

dg_moore

Re: Who did your implant?

Postby dg_moore » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:00 pm

Local is relative, of course: Mine was by a local doctor you may have heard of - Andrew Kramer at U of MD Medical Center in Baltimore. He's about 25 mins from my house.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Mine will be done by Martin Dineen, local to me (about 20 miles from me) in Daytona Beach, FL. Although he is not mentioned a lot on this board, he is one of the "high volume" surgeons, doing over 100 implants per year. He has co-authored books and papers published by the AUA regarding his methods, specifically his pre-surgical VED protocol.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 am

My first (botched) implant was done by a local urologist in Plantation Floridawho, who assured me 'oh yeah.... I do those all the time. I did three last week'...... I think he lied. My second was done by Dr Paul Perito in Miami.... The results are wonderful (although a tad small)...... Thank you Dr Perito.......... And Good luck.....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:16 am

My Coloplast Titan Implant was done by Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad at Hackensack UMC in Bergen County, NJ in December 2007.
It has functioned perfectly for the past 7+ years and counting and my wife and I love it.
Thank you Dr. Sadeghi-Nejad!!
Bob

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:56 pm

bob1138 wrote:My Coloplast Titan Implant was done by Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad at Hackensack UMC in Bergen County, NJ in December 2007.
It has functioned perfectly for the past 7+ years and counting and my wife and I love it.
Thank you Dr. Sadeghi-Nejad!!
Bob

He's also a great researcher:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract

Good luck on 23th!

MrMoJoeRisin

Postby MrMoJoeRisin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 am

Dr. Bruce Garber - Philadelphia.

Results have been wonderful.

I highly recommend going to a high volume surgeon.
46, Type II Diabetic Progressive ED since 2005

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 am

Mine was done by a Dr. Aaron Lentz at Duke Raleigh. Mine was done in Jan 2015.

He is a high volume surgeon that does 100+ per year. I have been told he sometimes does repair work on the implants that other doctors did.

I couldn't be happier with the results. He told me I would probably loose some length. He was right. As near as I can tell I have lost about 1/16"

My strongest recommendation is get somebody that you know is a high volume surgeon. I would also cross-check through other sources to insure the surgeon is not inflating his experience a bit.

Pain and swelling was miserable for the first 2 weeks. However, at 8 weeks out, only a bit of minor discomfort and that is only when I have pumped so hard that it takes 2 hands to put more fluid into the cylinders.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

billyt0808

Postby billyt0808 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:42 am

i haven't seen many candidates from upstate SC on here. i was implanted on July 29, 2014 at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center. my surgeon was Dr Michael Pryor of the Urology Center of Spartanburg. i don't think Dr Pryor is one that you would describe as a "high volume" provider, but i am very very pleased with his expertise and performance. my particular situation was pretty difficult...peyronies and scar tissue from injections...but he did a great job. i had lost an inch from my prostatectomy but no loss of length as a result of the implant. i think i picked up maybe a half inch of girth which was welcome. my penis always had a pronounced curve to the left and the procedure did take maybe half the bend out, but the curve is still there, which is fine with me. after reading some of the horror stories about poor results and painful recuperation, i am doubly pleased with Dr Pryor's work. function and fit are all i could ask for and my recovery was virtually pain free and quick!
regardless of the number of procedures Dr Pryor has done, i am not hesitant one bit to recommend him. Also, the care i received at Spartanburg Regional was exceptional!!! i couldn't b happier with the entire process! BTW...i was implanted with a Titan but unsure on the size cylinders used...but they seem to be a great fit!

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Dr Jonas Benson at uropartners in Wheaton, Illinois.
He did a fine job with no complications.
I went in at 10am and was on my way home at 5pm.
No overnight stay and no catheter.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

Return to “Implants”