Titan , length cuestion.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Membrillo

Titan , length cuestion.

Postby Membrillo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:20 pm

I want to know if the length that you have in the first activation with the Titan is your final penile length or it will be increasing with time?. thanks

dg_moore

Re: Titan , length cuestion.

Postby dg_moore » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:29 pm

There's no way to answer this. Some men lose length and others do not (I did not). Many of those who lose length get all or most of it back with time, but there's no way to know in advance how your particular case will work out.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am

I would say that no noticeable addition. Once you get used to new size you might, as I, think maybe you have gotten a tad larger or smaller than original inflation but when I put tape to it I am just about as beginning few weeks. The hardness and abilities of use is what I concentrate my happiness.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:30 am

63 Panhead wrote:It will not get any longer with the Coloplast, what yo see is what yo get. The most skilled surgeon can't make yo john Holms

Yep, I certainly agree Pan. If a surgeon suggests you might get more length than your stretch, then I would question his honesty. IMO, More girth than stretch is probable but not length.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:51 am

63 Panhead wrote:It will not get any longer with the Coloplast, what yo see is what yo get. The most skilled surgeon can't make yo john Holms

I'm not sure this is what the question is. It's true that you can't get a final length that exceeds your stretched flaccid length, but it's also true that if your length is smaller post surgery, there is a good chance that over time you can get back most if not all of the "lost" length by regularly cycling the implant as directed by your surgeon. There are plenty of accounts of this in this forum.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Based upon all of the accounts I have read over the last 4 years I have to agree with "dg_moore".
Most people (including those with a Titan) start out shorter right after surgery and then they continue to grow to the stretched length.

My activation experience was a bit different.
When I activated, my girth and length were both within 1/4" of my Pre-ED dimensions.
I credit that to the fact that I hardly every missed a day with the vacuum pump. As a result my friend was very pliable the day I went into surgery.
Activation was 8 weeks after surgery. It should have been 6 weeks but there were scheduling issues (mine not the surgeons).
During the activation I had very little pain. I credit that to 2 things. The first again was the vacuum pump. It didn't take as much to stretch me.
The second thing was the surgeon left me inflated to about 40-50% between surgery and the activation.

The bottom line is I am extremely happy with the Titan and the surgeon that put it in.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Woodturner, it sounds like your doctor and mine use the same pre-surgery protocol with the use of the vacuum pump. I'm about a week and a half away from my surgery date, and have been doing the vacuum exercises twice a day for nine months now. It was only supposed to be 8 weeks, but my surgery kept getting postponed because of insurance problems. But now, with the surgery close at hand, I am hoping that my experience will mirror yours with minimal loss of size. I'm like some of the guys here that talked about the "turtle" effect and that of being a "grower". Having never been over 5.5" in length, in the vacuum tube now I am 6.5". I know that doesn't really translate to true erectile size, but I'm hoping the extra "stretch" will help a little post-surgery. Thank you for sharing your experience.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 am

FlaDon

It wasn't my surgeon's protocol, it was mine based upon a lot of reading I had done and the urologist (who is no longer in practice) that was treating me for ED after my prostatectomy.

I had a 4 year gap between the prostatectomy and getting the implant. It had been insurance issues. When I turned 60 I got new insurance and one of the first things I did was start making
appointments to get the implant.

I did not go to the practice that did my prostatectomy or the ED treatment after surgery. They are a first rate practice with an extremely good reputation. But, they do not have any high volume implant surgeons.
I chose to go to a Dr. Aaron Lentz at Duke Raleigh. He is not as well known. However, he performs more than a 100 implants a year. It is my understanding that he does a lot of repair work.

A couple of items you might want to be aware of:
When you get your first look at your penis right after surgery it is real ugly. Don't let it worry you.
I was very well prepared except one thing. I was not ready for the amount of pain and swelling I had the first 2 weeks after surgery. My scrotum was literally the size of a grapefruit.

When I was using the vacuum pump I could easily achieve 7". With a little bit more effort 7-1/4" and after an extreme amount of effort I could sometimes achieve 7-1/2".
As of this morning, I am at 7-1/4" fully pumped and I seriously doubt I should have ever been at 7-1/2". My girth with the vacuum pump was 6". Right now it is at 5-3/4". I do expect that to go up a bit more.

I hope your surgery goes well and you are back in action soon
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks Woodturner, the good wishes are appreciated. I will admit anxiety levels are starting to kick in, but looking forward to having it finally over with.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:30 am

Membrillo wrote:I want to know if the length that you have in the first activation with the Titan is your final penile length or it will be increasing with time?. thanks

I HAD a Titan but my uro switched to AMS this last revision in December. I had used the vacuum pump therapy prior to my first surgery. Still, at first my penis size was 6 and 1/2 inches erect after surgery and I was very concerned. However, after a few months of cycling and use my guy returned to its usual 8 inches. I confess I was relieved. This time around with the AMS 700 CX I'm already at 8 inches. I don't anticipate much lengthening.

KMeister

Return to “Implants”