Angry over loss of size

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greywolf

Angry over loss of size

Postby Greywolf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Before prostate cancer surgery I was a hair under 7". After that surgery and before my implant, using a vacuum pump I was down to 6", but pretty thick. Now, one week after activation, I'm a skinny 4.5". So I've lost 2.5" in 4 years and NOT happy about it. I feel like a little boy again and am too embarrassed for sex.

Can anyone offer me some encouragement based on personal experience or first hand knowledge?
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

C_lab34

Re: Angry over loss of size

Postby C_lab34 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:21 am

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost so much size. This is my second major fear concerning the surgery. I can't really give you any practical advice, but I hear that some size returns through cycling, though I'm sure you already know that. Do you have a partner, and how do they feel about it? What does your doc say about it? Also, who did your surgery? I'm just trying to understand why there is so much variation in outcome, and I hope that most, if not all, of your size returns eventually.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:49 am

Many here report regaining most, if not all, length lost after surgery. You need to give it some time.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Greywolf, I have been following some of your threads and it seems your activation schedule is different from what the manufacture recommended, why I am not sure? This may account for some of your shrinkage but I would contact AMS directly to see if they can offer you some advice.

The manuals and doctor forums seem to suggest early activation and cycling helps maintain size. I know for myself the first squeeze at 14 days post op was difficult because of all the swelling and pain. At 24 days post op I am now up to 20 pumps and can keep it inflated for about 40 minutes. One thing that was explained to me about the AMS series is that it performs a lot like those skinny balloons that you have to pull and stretch before it will inflate properly. I have started to use my partner to help with the inflation, as I was not being aggressive enough with my squeezing (I.e. I was only squeezing half as it seemed to difficult to squeeze more). This seems to be working and my length is slowly coming back although the doctor is suggesting probably only 1cm. The other thing I recommend is ask what size rod was inserted? Most surgeons recommend the AMS up to 6.5” and beyond that recommend the Titan. I know now from my experience I was fitted with the maximum AMS cylinders and I measured just over 6” subjectively on the male ruler scale. The surgeon stated that’s why I have a more permanent erection, which I am not so much a fan.

I really believe with aggressive pumping over time will get you back some length. Are you walking around inflated for a couple of hours because apparently this also helps? It was also suggested that active massage and pulling the pump down makes for a better post surgical experience. Your length loss seems very atypical to the majority that has reported shrinkage and perhaps through further investigation you can find an answer. Thanks for posting this topic and I hope you find a solution that works for you. All the best.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:09 pm

As I took off my pants, she said 'who do expect to satisfy with that little thing?' I smiled and said 'myself'.......

Greywolf.... I too have a 4.5" dick (5" if I measure from the side and kind of push into the soft tissue)....it's a FUN little companion!

I too was a bit over 6" pre-radical prostatectomy. While my nerves were spared, the tumor was "outside of the capsule" and the surgery required removal of some "corporeal tissue". My urologist said I'd never be able to attain an erection and suggested an implant. I thought 'shit...that's gotta hurt like hell' (I was right!!!). For 2.5 years my sex life was blowjobs and eating pussy. I thought I'd be content with that but, I kept getting more and more difficult to "get off". Finally, I had a Titan implanted in April 2013. I chose the wrong surgeon. In April 2014, I had a Titan implanted by Dr. Perito in Miami. Among the things he told me afterwards was the Titan previously installed was "too large for me".

My Titan implanted by Dr. Perito functions perfectly! Judging by the loose skin I have when fully inflated, I could have accommodated maybe another 1/4" or so. Oh well! It fucks great....I have "mind-blowing" orgasms....often what seems to be 3 nonstop, continuous orgasms and once (recently) what seemed to be a "four-gasm". Most girls I see are fascinated with my device. One girl pumps it up and deflates it after we're done. One treats it like it was "Franken-Dick"....oh well again..... I am so very glad to have this implant!

There are several parts of my body I'd change if I could, including having a bigger dick! I am what I am and I take my little dick out to play and we have lots of fun. You and I have both endured a lot of pain.....don't be self-conscious....go out and play! Good Luck....

By the way - mine had not gotten any longer in the 10 months since my implant....
Last edited by LMCatman on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

truckee48

Postby truckee48 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Greywolf,
It's not how long you make, its how you make it long. I ended up with a little pocket rocket shorter than yours. I had a Titan implanted January 15th after about 10 years with E.D. I'm not dating so I understand our differences but I can say that my wife is very happy. You can have very satisfactory sex with what you have.Wishing you luck in the adjustment.

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:06 am

I too went from about 6" to 4.5" inches... with all the scar tissue from peyronie's and the scar tissue that formed after the removal of the first botched implant, I guess I'm lucky to have what length I do have left.
But here is a thought that I finally got into my head and its stuck... which is better, a ROCK HARD 4.5" boner or having a flaccid penis that once used to be longer? I'll take a hard penis of any length over just the memory of something that used to be bigger.
And, even a guy with a 9" erection is going to go soft at some point, we bionic fellas just keep going and going. :lol:
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Men, thanks for sharing your stories and for the encouraging words. I'd like to look at this as 'misery loves company', except that none of you guys are miserable with your "little situation". I'm the only one and I guess I'll need to get over it. Gonna take awhile tho. I'm so embarrassed that I told my girlfriend that at my 6 week activation meeting, the doctor said I wasn't ready yet and to give it another month. Meanwhile I've been cycling twice a day trying to restore some of my lost size. But so far no luck. I was so looking forward to this implant and now I'm just so incredibly disappointed. I don't know what I'll do if she laughs at me :lol: when I finally unveil this little thing.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 pm

GW,

Again we are in the same boat. Always been a turtle and a grower and even grown wasn't much of a shower.Because of 20 yrs dealing with ED and prostate surgery last year I have lost close to a inch and a half. The girth is smaller than before surgery and only four inches if i stretch it now, maybe four and a half. Problem is I have a thick pubic pad so I have to dig for that. LOL. On top of this my pump lays right beneath the little fellar. So with every stroke I can feel the stupid pump. I am not a happy camper, going back to the doc this Thursday. Probably the only thing he can do is more surgery to lower the pump. I am going to try and avoid that if possible. Would rather attach a brick to it and let it pull it down at this point. Bottom line we just need to live with this new "normal". My wife deals with the "little problem" very well. She is mainly disappointed for me, she has seen all that I have been thru this past year. I never was much of a stud puppy anyways. So she is used to the disappointments. LOL. We have a great marrage, so all is well. Just tell your mate this is the new me, surely she isn't that shallow as to laugh at you. But maybe she will laugh with you. Blessing to ya my friend! TC
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

ordinaryguy

Postby ordinaryguy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Greywolf:

Today is 5 weeks after surgery. The first 2 weeks could not pump since it was too sore from the surgery,The last 2 weeks I have been pumping very hard 3 times a day and it FINALLY GREW---1/4 of an inch. Its not much but I am confident it will continue growing. I want to give you hope, it will grow, just have to pump all the time, concéntrate on it and it will grow.

Return to “Implants”