Implant Tenure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PCHelp76180

Implant Tenure

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:44 am

I have finally been approved for implant surgery for July 8th, my count down begins now. I am and will always be forever grateful to the men that have shared their stories here on FT. They have been the best sounding board I could hope for.

With that in mind I have a couple of questions that I have been unsuccessful finding answers to:

1.)How long have implant devices been an alternative and solution for men?
2.)What is the longest someone has had one? Does anyone here know of someone with more than a couple of years of success?
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

backup2014

Re: Implant Tenure

Postby backup2014 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

1.)How long have implant devices been an alternative and solution for men?
2.)What is the longest someone has had one? Does anyone here know of someone with more than a couple of years of success?

PC,

I am far from being an expert. I have heard and seen report that says implants have been around since the mid 70's. They say in the past 10 yrs the products have improved a lot as far as infections and durability.

I see guys on FT all the time saying they have had theirs 10 plus yrs. July seems a long way off but it will be here before you know it. At least I hope it will, I am retiring in July. Hope all goes well. TC
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

PCHelp76180

Re: Implant Tenure

Postby PCHelp76180 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Truckers Chaplain wrote:1.)How long have implant devices been an alternative and solution for men?

PC,

I am far from being an expert. I have heard and seen report that says implants have been around since the mid 70's. They say in the past 10 yrs the products have improved a lot as far as infections and durability.

I see guys on FT all the time saying they have had theirs 10 plus yrs. July seems a long way off but it will be here before you know it. At least I hope it will, I am retiring in July. Hope all goes well. TC

Thanks TC, I was of the same opinion based on what i could research. Kinda interesting that I will be part of future studies. All I can ask for is no complications and years of happy use.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Return to “Implants”