Belly Pooch

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
truckee48

Belly Pooch

Postby truckee48 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:25 am

Belly pooch,
My incision is in front at the base of my abdomen. I'm about 6 or 7 weeks out from my surgury to instal my Titan OTR. I have a little bulge on the right side, under the incision. I figured it had something to do with plumbing or the reservoir but forgot to ask doc about it. Did anyone experience this? Does it eventually go away?

backup2014

Re: Belly Pooch

Postby backup2014 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Is the area sore? I am 10 weeks out and I too have a swelling in my pubic pad. Of course I have to admit my pad has always been a little fluffy. There is also a knot in the center just below the incision. I am still tender and sore in the scrotum, penis and pubic pad. I am just hoping and praying it is normal and it should go away in a few weeks. My pump sits high in the scrotum and irritates the area where the tubes enter. Hoping that goes away as well. Hang in there, we still have a lot of learning curves ahead of us before we get to that NEW NORMAL. Blessings to ya, TC
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

truckee48

Re: Belly Pooch

Postby truckee48 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:34 am

Thanks for the response Padre.
The bulge is not overly tender, but it is a little above the sensitive area you referred to at the top of the sack on the right. I believe that to be the top of the pump and valve assembly. That was very bothersome for awhile but settled down about week three or four. For awhile it made it very difficult to sit !
Those cylinders are pretty thick and I think some of the soreness is from pinching or rubbing new spots inside. I picture a garden hose with that aggravating kink you have to go back and straighten.

Return to “Implants”