An Activation Sticky Needed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RickRed40

An Activation Sticky Needed

Postby RickRed40 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:45 am

I don't know how to go about doing this, so I'll just use a thread, but it seems to me there are a few issues that come up over and over again and a sticky with that topic would be very helpful. Obviously one would be on activation. From the posts I've read, a number of us are going to be activated in March. Rather than read through a dozen different threads, some on other pages, wouldn't it be nice if a sticky on page one about activation would be right there to read about all in one place.

If we can't get an activation sticky I'm hoping this thread will stay on page one for a while so I'll of us who are getting activated in March can share their experiences. I've found the release button, and I've tried to give myself a single pump. It seems it's going to take more pressure than I feel comfortable using right now to pump this up, so I'm waiting until March 9.

Since I have a 2 hour drive to see my Urologist, I want be sure I can inflate and deflate my AMS before I leave. According to studies I've read, most activation appointments take less than 10 minutes. I wonder if it's really that easy, right now it doesn't seem so.

I wish everyone who is about to be activated in the next 30 days the best of luck and I hope we can use this single activation thread to share our activation experiences with each other rather than create a dozen new threads.
Rick

stanri

Re: An Activation Sticky Needed

Postby stanri » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 am

RickRed40 wrote:Since I have a 2 hour drive to see my Urologist, I want be sure I can inflate and deflate my AMS before I leave. According to studies I've read, most activation appointments take less than 10 minutes. I wonder if it's really that easy, right now it doesn't seem so.

I wish everyone who is about to be activated in the next 30 days the best of luck and I hope we can use this single activation thread to share our activation experiences with each other rather than create a dozen new threads.
Rick

I see my urologist on March 5th for activation. I'm told it will be a 30 minute appointment. He will pump it up and then make sure I know how to do it. As for being easy to do, from all I have read, it's not always easy at first. But with time and practice it will be. :D
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:19 am

Stanri
Wish you the best on your activation day. There's no way I'm getting that much time. When they made my appointment they told me there were "squeezing me in" which tells me my Urologist is overbooked that day, which means he will be pressured to see more patients in a shorter amount of time. I've made up my mind, I'm not leaving my exam room until I can inflate and deflate my implant.

stanri

Postby stanri » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:13 pm

RickRed40 wrote:Stanri
Wish you the best on your activation day. There's no way I'm getting that much time. When they made my appointment they told me there were "squeezing me in" which tells me my Urologist is overbooked that day, which means he will be pressured to see more patients in a shorter amount of time. I've made up my mind, I'm not leaving my exam room until I can inflate and deflate my implant.

Be sure to let me know how you make out. I'll do the same
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

oldcar

Postby oldcar » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 pm

RickRed40,
I was just activated this morning (implanted Dec. 8, 2014) and it was about 20 minutes for the activation appointment. We talked and then he pumped it up and released it, then I pumped it up and released it as he watched. It did not hurt at all, I ended up a little shorter than I wanted but he said it may gain some length over time.

Hope this helps
Oldcar

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Oldcar,
Congratulations! I wish you many years of a highly active sex life. Glad to hear it wasn't difficult to learn how to pump it up or use the release valve.

My Urologist warned me that the biggest complaint he hears is complaints about losing length or girth. Neither affect the ability to please a women or a man's enjoyment of an orgasm. So why is there so much concern about this issue? I told him it didn't matter to me if I was an inch shorter, who cares? No me. All I want is the restoration of the ability to have intercourse. I don't care a wit whether I lose both length or girth.

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 pm

I've posted this a number of times but thought I'd place it here too, just for your convenience. This is for AMS LGX Implants. Titan is similar but a bit different.

INFLATING AN LGX:
Hold on to the area where the pump joins the tubes with the weak hand, and then squeeze the pump with the strong hang. (Make sure to do complete pumps with as many fingers as necessary, not weak little squeezes) You will hear or feel a POP as you start squeezing, to let you know that the pump is in inflation mode. If you do NOT hear a pop, then press on the deflation button once and then try pumping again. After completing the first complete pump, wait til the pump refills with solution and do the next complete pump. Continue in this way until you get rock hard. Just to reinforce: Remember, do complete pumps. You should feel hardness in 8-20 pumps, depending on the size of your implant.

DEFLATING AN LGX:
Press the deflate button. You will feel or even hear the solution flowing back to the holding sac. I lightly squeeze my cock to get more of the solution out of it and to get my penis to a normal flaccid state. Now remember, you do still have a urethra in the middle of all of this and it is tender and easily damaged, so don't squeeze too hard. For you guys who like to show, you can now re-pump (hearing/feeling the POP) to the desired size to make those often noticed bulges in your pants.
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm

My name is Greywolf and I am one of the guys scheduled for a March activation, March 3 to be exact. I am also one of the guys who started a thread. I just posted a reply to advice I had received on my thread, and I'm going to copy and paste here what I had written there:

"Ed and Truckers Chaplain,

Thanks for the advice. I followed the instructions from you and the AMS Patient Manual, and I got it. Wasn't easy! It seems that 99% of the time that part of my anatomy is pretty contracted, so it is very crowded in there. I never wished for a set of those low-hangers I've seen on some guys in the locker room - till now. It was really difficult to grip the button on the deflate square while avoiding pinching a testicle or its connective tissue too. And I pinched that button and squeezed my penis about as hard as I could, and finally it did work. I'm glad you mentioned about the hard tips as I was trying unsuccessfully to squeeze them for a full deflate. Now I know its just something I'll have to live with and its not too bad really.

After deflating I did pump it up and tho the pump was extremely hard, I was prepared for that based on the comments on this website. I got to about 2/3 of my pre-implant length and couldn't seem to get any larger. But that's a start. I again deflated and am going to leave it alone till my Tuesday appt. Again, both inflate and deflate were very slow and awkward and I pray it gets easier with practice. So now, for the first time in 5 weeks I am flaccid and comfortable. "
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Greywolf,
Thanks for copy/pasting here and I wish the best on your activation March 3rd. I've one of those guys who accidentally squeezed a testicle. It throbbed for hours. I'm now quite gun shy about grabbing anything and squeezing hard. I hope I'll feel much braver once it's done in the office.

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:43 pm

I'll never forget the first time I tried to squeeze my pump. I ended up getting a pair of pliers from the garage and brought them into my room to "help out". I wisely gave it a second thought and continued trying to get that pump squeezed with my hand (using my second hand to help with the grip of the first hand) and finally got it going. I left those pliers on the counter for a number of months and had a chuckle to myself every time I looked at them. The pump will loosen up and it'll get easier as time goes on. But using the second hand to help the main hand does help quite a bit. Good luck to all the newly implanted bionic brothers!
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Return to “Implants”