An Activation Sticky Needed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RickRed40

Re: An Activation Sticky Needed

Postby RickRed40 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:34 am

I like the idea of using a pliers! That could turn out to be the necessary tool in order to apply the pressure necessary to use the pump. I am wondering if you grab the pump from front to back or from side to side in order to squeeze it.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:02 pm

No No don't use the pliers! That thought crossed my mind at first. But just take two fingers and cradle the pump in the back. Put your thumb over the center of the pump and squeeze real real real real hard. If it doesn't deflate like a soft basket ball then take two fingers and the thumb from your other hand and squeeze real real real real hard. Do this while in a hot bath and that bad boy will pop like a huge zit would do back when you was 16. Don't make this activation thang a big deal. I think I dreaded it for fear of the pain. I had been thru so much pain from the surgery an inflamation I was just paranoid. Why after all the soreness and pain would I want to squeeze it like I was mad at it? But I did and it was really no big deal. Relax! You will be fine. TC
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 pm

TC is right. I could not believe how stiff the pump was when new, and how hard it was necessary to squeeze to operate the pump. But it loosens up with time - just keep cycling.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:11 pm

I think that's it's difficult to believe activation will go smoothly when it seems like every has gone wrong from the first day of surgery. At 4 weeks out my scrotum has returned to normal size and I'm able to sleep on my stomach but there's still some pain in my scrotum when sleeping on my stomach, so I take Tylenol at night before bedtime.

I have to say this, my wife has played with my semi erect penis. With the cylinders on both sides, it really doesn't feel very good. I certainly hope sex feels better once the implant is activated.

stanri

Postby stanri » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 pm

RickRed40 wrote:I think that's it's difficult to believe activation will go smoothly when it seems like every has gone wrong from the first day of surgery. At 4 weeks out my scrotum has returned to normal size and I'm able to sleep on my stomach but there's still some pain in my scrotum when sleeping on my stomach, so I take Tylenol at night before bedtime.

I have to say this, my wife has played with my semi erect penis. With the cylinders on both sides, it really doesn't feel very good. I certainly hope sex feels better once the implant is activated.

I get fully activated next Thursday. My semi erect at times is uncomfortable. Like you I can feel the cylinders. Can't say it feels good or bad. But do wonder if I'll feel them at full erection. But after close to 20 years of ED, just having a erection when I want it, for as long as I want it (GRIN I don't even remember what it felt like 20 years ago before ED. What ever the final result, I'll be happy with it.
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:44 am

Stanri,
For most men with the implant, the biggest regret I've heard is that they didn't choose this option years ago. Good luck with your activation day. From what I've gathered in these threads, some men are ready, willing and able to have sex on activation day. Other men experience pain in one or both phases. Some men find it initially painful to use the pump. Other men experience pain during while erect. That group of men end up needing to cycle the pump multiple times a day for a few weeks before erections become pain free.

From what I gather there's no way to know whether or not you will experience painful erections until you are activated. So here's to a pain free activation, and to pain free erections! The best to you on your activation day.
Rick

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Men- I have my 6 week post-op activation and closeout this Tuesday. But the semi I was painfully carrying around for the first 5 weeks was too much to bear, so I took the matter in hand. I have self activated for four days in a row now. Here's my experience:

First of all, let me say that my scrotum is contracted 95% of the time, so it is verrrry crowded in there. I have found deflating to be way more difficult than inflating. For the life of me I cannot find which button to push. I seem to have 4 buttons, one on each side of the deflate section. And I squeeze here and then there, all the time trying desperately not to get a testicle or nerve caught in there. I have eventually gotten it deflated each time, but it has been an awkward, time-consuming and uncomfortable process. Does anyone know if this will get better?

Inflating is easier, tho not exactly a piece of cake. The pump is obvious and I don't think it really matters where you grip it. I just squeeze really hard and hear and feel a little pop, then slowly gain some size and hardness. I try to fully depress the pump, then let it refill for 2 or 3 seconds and squeeze again. It seems harder with every squeeze till after 3 or 4 it won't depress at all so I can't get any bigger.

While I do get really hard and very sensitive, I am not happy with the length or girth. I lost an inch after my PC surgery, and probably more than another inch now. I try to squeeze the pump more but it just won't go. Oh well, at least it is reliable and it works, and manual orgasms are pretty intense. I started with decent size so I should have enough left to please a lady; I just hope women are telling the truth when they say size doesn't matter! I feel like I'm 11 years old again, waiting for that 'growth spurt'. Will it come with time and practice? I hope so. Does anyone know?
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Men,

I got activated today. After 5 weeks I had enough of the semi and deflated it, then inflated and deflated every day for the next week. Tho it is still awkward, with continued healing I am able to find the inflate pump easily, and the deflate button with more difficulty.

Today I had my 6 week closeout. I have lost over an inch in length and plenty of girth too since my implant surgery. That, on top of losing an inch after my cancer surgery. I am able to get hard and reach an enjoyable orgasm, but I feel like a little boy again. And the glans is sadly small. This little woody is gonna be hard to get happy about. My surgeon said to keep working it and I'd slowly restore "some" size. So that's my plan. This implant was my last resort - there's no other option at this point so I'll try to make the best of it. I just hope women aren't lying when they say "size doesn't matter'. I asked some questions that had been bandied about on this chatroom, here's what my dr. said...

Vacuum device? Not advisable, could do harm in the cavernosa.

Cockring? Real bad idea. You'd have a hard foreign object inside your penis (the tubes) and outside (the ring), with a small layer of your organic material in-between. That leaves no room for the organic tissue to absorb the pressure and could result in serious damage there. And he didn't see the benefit of a cockring anyway.

PDE-5 inhibitors? Shouldn't cause any harm. If you had some response to them before implant then they might provide some glans enlargement, tho he doubted it.

The last inch of penis staying hard? The last inch of the cavernosa tubes are hard in order to support the glans. Otherwise you would have what the urologists call the supersonic look, as in a Concord jet with the nose drooping down.

That's my closeout report. Sorry its not all roses but its my reality and the info my doctor provided. I hope its helpful for the new guys so they know one man's experience.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Grey Wolf,

You hit the head right on the nail. Sounds like your experience is a lot like mine. Some of these guys said they pumped up in four weeks and got right back in the saddle. Me, I am still test driving mine in the parking lot. 11 weeks out and I am still sore and achy. If we fool around for a half hour or so during foreplay It gets sore and I am ready to quit. I can feel the tips pushing against the head. Doesn't really hurt just hard to get used too. Dadgum pump feels like a rock sitting in there. But over all, i don't regret it yet. If I don't get over this soreness in a few weeks I might. But the activation really isn't that bad. May hurt a little when the doc pumps it up. But remember after that you will control the pain. If it hurts, then STOP hurting yourself!! You can set the pace of how much or how often you pump it up. Get used to the NEW NORMAL. Yep, GW, My was bigger when I was 12 yrs old. But at least it is hard and like my wife said. If your are happy I am happy.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 am

I had my activation on March 3. The whole appointment took less than 15 minutes. I think the doctor was expecting a longer appointment. Before activation I had spent a lot of time feeling around. I had figured out where the release valve was located. It paid off. I haven't had any problems. I had a Titan installed on Jan 8.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Return to “Implants”