Advice Needed on AMS 700 LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greywolf

Advice Needed on AMS 700 LGX

Postby Greywolf » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 pm

Men,

I had my implant installed Jan 21 and have my 6 week closeout and activation appt. next Tuesday. They sent me home from the hospital with an annoying semi that sticks out straight forward, and I have tried several times to deflate the darn thing but no luck yet. So I'm not gonna try to inflate it till I know I can deflate it.

Maybe you can give me some advice. I have the AMS 700 LGX model. I accessed and printed out the Inflate/Deflate instructions from the AMS website Patient Guide for the LGX model, so I think I understand what's now in me. As the swelling in my balls has gone down I can feel the pump pretty well. It seems to have a 'barrel' on the top with the pump below it, right? And I feel a little button on each end of the barrel and I assume that is what you depress to deflate, right? I have squeezed those little buttons really hard with one hand while squeezing my penis with the other, but no deflate happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Any helpful advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

ED2013

Re: Advice Needed on AMS 700 LGX

Postby ED2013 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 pm

There's only one deflate button. Take a warm bath. It will be a lot easier to feel around down there

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:21 am

I too have a LGX, Like Ed advised you. Take a mild pain pill, get in a warm bath and relax a few mins. Feel around a little until you find the pump. At the top of the pump is a little square block with a button in the middle of it. Squeeze the button while squeezing the penis. One thing you may need to know that i didn't realize until just a few days ago. The last inch or two before the head of the penis will always stay hard. Those are the tips of the tubes. Very uncomfortable and hard to get used to. Sounds like you have identified the parts, ya just need to relax and practice. I am 10 weeks out and everyday is a new day. When you start inflating don't get discouraged. That pump is hard as a rock when you first start out. It gets softer but it is still a pain. Even now I may inflate it and it will fill er up. An hour later I will try again and it takes all I got to squeeze it and make it work. Have patience, don't stress over the activation, you will get the hang of it. It is not as easy as some guys claim. Maybe I am a slow learner, but we need to make do with what we have. Oh by the way, the mild pain med i suggested isn't for the pain. I used it just to help me relax before I activated the first time. There was very little pain involved. Until my fingers slipped off the pump, OH MAN THAT HURT!! So make sure ya get a GOOD GRIP!! Have fun with it!!!
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am

After reading your post again you seen where you said you located the button on each end of the barrel. Oh no my friend, that isn't the deflate button. Find the square box at the top of the pump. in the middle of the box is a little bump. Picture a Lego block with one round bump in the middle of it. That is the deflate button. Put your thumb on the back of the block and push in on the button with your index finger for at least 4 - 8 seconds. While squeezing on your penis. If the is any fluid in the penis you may feel the pump vibrating a little. The more you do the better you will get at it. DO NOT REACTIVATE UNTIL YOU SEE YOUR DOCTOR. Have a blessed day my friend
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Ed and Truckers Chaplain,

Thanks for the advice. I followed the instructions from you and the AMS Patient Manual, and I got it. Wasn't easy! It seems that 99% of the time that part of my anatomy is pretty contracted, so it is very crowded in there. I never wished for a set of those low-hangers I've seen on some guys in the locker room - till now. It was really difficult to grip the button on the deflate square while avoiding pinching a testicle or its connective tissue too. And I pinched that button and squeezed my penis about as hard as I could, and finally it did work. I'm glad you mentioned about the hard tips as I was trying unsuccessfully to squeeze them for a full deflate. Now I know its just something I'll have to live with and its not too bad really.

After deflating I did pump it up and tho the pump was extremely hard, I was prepared for that based on the comments on this website. I got to about 2/3 of my pre-implant length and couldn't seem to get any larger. But that's a start. I again deflated and am going to leave it alone till my Tuesday appt. Again, both inflate and deflate were very slow and awkward and I pray it gets easier with practice. So now, for the first time in 5 weeks I am flaccid and comfortable.

Again I appreciate your help and I wish you a long and sexually gratifying life.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:14 pm

It will get much better with practice. After a while, it'll come natural.

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:14 pm

I got activated today. After 5 weeks I had enough of the semi and deflated it, then inflated and deflated every day for the next week. Tho it is still awkward, with continued healing I am able to find the inflate pump easily, and the deflate button with more difficulty.

Today I had my 6 week closeout. I have lost over an inch in length and plenty of girth too since my implant surgery. That, on top of losing an inch after my cancer surgery. I am able to get hard and reach an enjoyable orgasm, but I feel like a little boy again. And the glans is sadly small. This little woody is gonna be hard to get happy about. My surgeon said to keep working it and I'd slowly restore "some" size. So that's my plan. This implant was my last resort - there's no other option at this point so I'll try to make the best of it. I just hope women aren't lying when they say "size doesn't matter'. I asked some questions that had been bandied about on this chatroom, here's what my dr. said...

Vacuum device? Not advisable, could do harm in the cavernosa.

Cockring? Real bad idea. You'd have a hard foreign object inside your penis (the tubes) and outside (the ring), with a small layer of your organic material in-between. That leaves no room for the organic tissue to absorb the pressure and could result in serious damage there. And he didn't see the benefit of a cockering anyway.

PDE-5 inhibitors? Shouldn't cause any harm. If you had some response to them before implant then they might provide some glans enlargement, tho he doubted it.

The last inch of penis staying hard? The last inch of the cavernosa tubes are hard in order to support the glans. Otherwise you would have what the urologists call the supersonic look, as in a Concord jet with the nose drooping down.

That's my closeout report. Sorry its not all roses but its my reality and the info my doctor provided. I hope its helpful for the new guys so they know one man's experience.

Return to “Implants”