Just Joined the Club

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greywolf

Just Joined the Club

Postby Greywolf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Men, I am 4 weeks post implant surgery and just found this discussion group. It is a wonderful source of information as I attach greater credibility to anecdotal data from men similarly situated. Its better info than doctors predictions for sure. Right now I'm pretty sore and semi-inflated and want to deflate it a bit to east some of that discomfort. But tho I've tried I can't locate the darn deflate buttons.... its a crowded mess in there and I'm afraid to start squeezing the wrong thing. I have my 6 week close out and "bionic activation" appt. March 4. My surgeon was Dr. Wolter at the Mayo Clinic - Phoenix. Does anyone have experience with him?

Anyway, I've included my relevant history in my signature section below, and am happy to have found this group. It seems there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel is longer than I'd hoped. I feel bad for men who have had things go wrong and hope I do not join that select group.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

PCHelp76180

Re: Just Joined the Club

Postby PCHelp76180 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:45 am

Greywolf wrote:Men, I am 4 weeks post implant surgery and just found this discussion group. It is a wonderful source of information as I attach greater credibility to anecdotal data from men similarly situated. Its better info than doctors predictions for sure. Right now I'm pretty sore and semi-inflated and want to deflate it a bit to east some of that discomfort. But tho I've tried I can't locate the darn deflate buttons.... its a crowded mess in there and I'm afraid to start squeezing the wrong thing. I have my 6 week close out and "bionic activation" appt. March 4. My surgeon was Dr. Wolter at the Mayo Clinic - Phoenix. Does anyone have experience with him?

Anyway, I've included my relevant history in my signature section below, and am happy to have found this group. It seems there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel is longer than I'd hoped. I feel bad for men who have had things go wrong and hope I do not join that select group.

Welcome to this group Greywolf, I am pre-implant patient and am extremely grateful for the men who have shared their experiences here.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:22 pm

I am now seven days post op for an AMS 700- 3 piece; and one would think there would be a dedicated forum for their patients? Thank goodness for this site.

I hope more patients will solicit the company and make a formal recommendation to put up a site for registered recipients who can communicate with their company and doctors about issues and experiences.

For all those that have shared, thank you and I am looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel.

My experience has been one of sever discomfort; Day one, made it home with moderate pain and able to stand and sit with difficulty. The swelling was moderate and ice seemed to give me some relief along with the narcotics.

Peeing was a new experience with a stiff swollen hard on, which is too sore to point in any given direction. I resorted to a bucket, which made the experience a little more pleasant rather then peeing all over the floor.

My foreskin, which I never really thought of as an issue., becomes a major complication with this procedure. As the foreskin does not have any fat its prone to swelling and swell it does. I cant even see the end of my penis and the blood pools in the foreskin, gross and uncomfortable sum it up.

Day three, constipation and a bowel movement resulted in disaster. My testicles increased in size x4 and my foreskin became grossly swollen so you could not even see the penis other then everything looking like a small football. A small amount of puss was discharged. The pain was over the top.

I had an emergency follow-up apt with the surgeon who reported everything looked good and advised me to maintain bed rest, ice and drugs for another week.

A week after surgery the pain is well managed with Tylenol Extra Strength and ice. Any thought of sex at this point is nonexistent. My thoughts of wearing sexy underwear is gone, although I do realize I’m somewhat inflated for the healing process. I can walk about a half a block without too much discomfort. Sleeping on my side is not going to happen anytime soon.

My perceptions going into this procedure was I would be back working after a week, LOL NOT!

Anyhow, will check back in another week

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello Sir,
I am 8 wks post op with a AMS 700 LGX. I had a bad inflammation for 3 wks after surgery. I was able to inflate 5 wks out but trust me I wasn't about to use it. I am still sore where the tubes enter into the scrotum. I think this is due to the pump being too high. The swelling and soreness will be a distant memory, but I know that doesn't help now, but this too shall pass. My stuff looked like a beehive hanging from a tree. All swollen and black, blue, yellow and candy apple red. I couldn't see the end of my pecker mush less make out where a deflate button was. And if i found it I sure wasn't gonna squeeze it. It would hurt if i touched it with a power puff. But once the swelling went down I could find all the pieces. I did this by taking one powerful pain pill and sitting in a hot bath. The tubes felt like the wiring that runs to the battery on my Harley. The pump felt like a 13/16th deepwell socket with a Leggo block sitting sideway on top, with one raised up bump. I say all this to tell ya to give it another 3-4 weeks and things will almost look normal. Not totally normal, unless your pecker has two dowel pins one either side when you was born. Having a small woody all day isn't normal either. But since I have let some of the pressure off I pee in the toilet instead of on top of the tank. My wife appreciates that. There is going to be a new normal for all of us. I remember the 20 yrs I battled with ED and lost every battle. I still remember using that pump 5 days a week just to maintain what little of what I had left after ED and prostate surgery. So I am trying to settle in to this new normal. I don't like it but this is what I got. I can live with it and manage it. Like my wife told me last night, Baby if you are happy with it I will be too. That is the advantage of not having much to start with, so the disappointment isn't too large either. LOL
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks Trucker Chaplain, I very much appreciate your honesty and the sharing of your experences with this procedure. As with most males with ED it's an act of desperation on our part. My partner was understanding and respectful of the problem and actually directed me away from surgery the day before, which I declined.

It's nice to know the weeks ahead will get better.

Regards

stanri

Postby stanri » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 pm

bclogan1 wrote:I am now seven days post op for an AMS 700- 3 piece; and one would think there would be a dedicated forum for their patients? Thank goodness for this site.

I hope more patients will solicit the company and make a formal recommendation to put up a site for registered recipients who can communicate with their company and doctors about issues and experiences.

For all those that have shared, thank you and I am looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel.

My experience has been one of sever discomfort; Day one, made it home with moderate pain and able to stand and sit with difficulty. The swelling was moderate and ice seemed to give me some relief along with the narcotics.

Peeing was a new experience with a stiff swollen hard on, which is too sore to point in any given direction. I resorted to a bucket, which made the experience a little more pleasant rather then peeing all over the floor.

My foreskin, which I never really thought of as an issue., becomes a major complication with this procedure. As the foreskin does not have any fat its prone to swelling and swell it does. I cant even see the end of my penis and the blood pools in the foreskin, gross and uncomfortable sum it up.

Day three, constipation and a bowel movement resulted in disaster. My testicles increased in size x4 and my foreskin became grossly swollen so you could not even see the penis other then everything looking like a small football. A small amount of puss was discharged. The pain was over the top.

I had an emergency follow-up apt with the surgeon who reported everything looked good and advised me to maintain bed rest, ice and drugs for another week.

A week after surgery the pain is well managed with Tylenol Extra Strength and ice. Any thought of sex at this point is nonexistent. My thoughts of wearing sexy underwear is gone, although I do realize I’m somewhat inflated for the healing process. I can walk about a half a block without too much discomfort. Sleeping on my side is not going to happen anytime soon.

My perceptions going into this procedure was I would be back working after a week, LOL NOT!

Anyhow, will check back in another week

If I didn't know better I would have thought you were talking about me (grin) My perception going into this was I would drive myself to the hospital, and drive myself home the following day. Need I tell you that never happened.

Had my Titan Implant on January 19th. I see the doctor on March5th for full activiation. Can't wait to give it a test run
age 80. Prostate removed (cancer) 20 years ago. ED resulted. 19+ years did nothing. Tried pills, vacuum pump (HATED IT), injections worked sometimes, but not dependable. Presently have a inflatable, worked the 1st year. Not working for me now.

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks again for all those that have followed my journey. I am 12 days out from my surgery and starting to feel somewhat back to normal. Today I walked for an hour and did a little shopping. The gym is in my next steps but I am awaiting clearance from the surgeon. The swelling in the morning is not bad and its actually starting to look like its old stuff down there but the shrinkage everyone seems to chat about is concerning as I was not really that huge at the start of this process at 6”.

My biggest issue has been pain with my foreskin, which not many people talk about but mine is extremely sore, particularly after long activity. Again ice gives me relief and still taking narcotics at night to insure a good sleep. This Wednesday I have a follow up appointment, which I have been instructed to bring along the pump simulator. I can honestly say activating this thing seems a little weird and scary. I am more worried about causing more pain rather then the enjoyment of getting a giant hard on. Anyhow, this is very much a journey and I am so thankful for all the others out there that are sharing, thanks again.

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks Stani for your comments. Its nice you got to stay overnight (smile). Canadian healthcare, which can be thought of as third world healthcare is brutal but I think my doctor is one of the better urologist. I was out of the of OR in two hours, post op for an hour and back to recovery. The catheter was ripped out OMG did that hurt, offered a wheel chair to the curb and home I went. It was a journey compared to some of the other stories on this site with a two or three day hospital stay. There are many that talk about drains but I never had that with my procedure. I assume your getting the Titan because your larger than 6” vs the AMS, which seems to work well for us smaller guys? I am surprised you have to wait so long for activation? I was told to start cycling the pump two weeks post-op but no activity (whatever that means for two months) until everything is healed. I at least hope jerking off is part of this process as my sexual frustration is killing me (smile).

Greywolf

Postby Greywolf » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Hey bclogan1, thanks for hijacking my thread. You seem to have made it all about you.
RP: Sept. 2011, pathology: small tumor, 3+3, fully contained. One nerve removed, the other badly damaged, result: near total ED. PSA 3 years out: undetectable. AMS 700 LGX implant: 1/21/15. Current status (3/4/15): Now bionic, working on restoring size.

bclogan1

Postby bclogan1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm so sorry as I had no idea that I was hyjacking your thread. This is my very first time using a blog and still trying to understand the concept. I will disappear, sorry.

Return to “Implants”