Questions about activation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RickRed40

Re: Questions about activation

Postby RickRed40 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 am

TC,
As I read your story, much of it could have been mine. I too thought compared to having my prostate out this would be a walk in the park. It wasn't I never imagined how much a scrotum is capable of swelling. Like you I had a miserable 3 weeks. Additionally, like you I've got to travel 180 miles round trip in order to get activated, but I'm certainly going to take that time to have a professional show me how to inflate and deflate the implant.

I also relate to this comment you made:
Mr. Happy does feel like I have a 1/2 inch dowel pin stuck down each side. Nothing about it feels natural, especially the pump. I feel like I have a 13/16th spark plug socket sitting in my ball sack

I'm actually concerned about those 1/2 dowels, it seems to me when I pump them up there so long I'm afraid they will tear right through my skin. I'm not bothered by the pump, However, my scrotum feels so heavy that I purchased special underwear which provides scrotal support.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYN ... UTF8&psc=1

While I'd certainly like to get my sex life back ASAP I know it's too early to activate right night because of soreness and pain, so I'll wait until my appointment with my surgeon and I hope the pain won't be too bad, and that the erection will feel natural. Time will tell.

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Rick
I will let you know how it goes in about 10 days or so. I get activated on Feb 27.
In a way I already have been activated. About the 3rd week after surgery I was feeling the pump.
I thought I gave it just a couple of light squeezes.
However, it was enough to fully inflate me. There was some pain but it was manageable.
I ended up going to the doctor's office and he deflated it and then
re-inflated me to about 30%-40%. That was a nuisance. Its a 3 hour drive to his office.
The good news was, I measured myself and I was within a 1/4" of my pre-ED length.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

backup2014

Postby backup2014 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:03 pm

Rick,
I wouldn't worry too much about the tubes poking thru the skin. It isn't likely to happen. My pump is staying way too high.Causing the tubing going to the implants and from the reservoir to bend causing me to be sore where they enter the scrotum. Doc told me to just tug on the pump 5 mins a day and it should come down. The best way to get used to the new equipment is to get in a good hot bath as soon as you are allow to. You can feel around and find all the buttons an bows. Rick, don't stress over the activation. Take a mild pain med half hr before docs appt. and have at it. The pain med will just settle your nerves. I am amazed at how little pain there is pumping it up. I read where guys felt a tingle and could feel the tubes stretching the skin. I have non of that, I wish I did I can use a lot more girth and length. The good part about activating it yourself is that you can feel the sore spots and avoid them. Once your fingers slide off the pump just one time you won't let that happen again. Man that hurts!!! LOL So you guys waiting to get activated, chill out. I was nervous because I had been thru so much pain I couldn't take much more. But activation means you are over the worst of it.
73, Married to my childhood sweetheart, retired. Implant Dec 2014 Dr. Dean Knoll Nashville TN, RPS March 2014. Implant failure July 2017 Revision Oct 2017, First Implant AMS 700 LGX 19CM, Revision AMS 700 MS 21CM. Feel free to PM me anytime.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:40 pm

WT,
I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences with activation. Good Luck!!

TC
Appreciate the assurances. I'm prone to worry about stuff, but I must say the journey so far was way past my capacity to worry, and worse than I ever would have imagined. I'm glad the worst is over, and I'm hoping for a decade or more of enjoyment making the short few weeks of suffering well worth it.

I appreciate everyone who has been willing to share their experiences with activation, and share tips, like the benefit of pain meds before activation, how a warm bath helps with initial pumping, I'm planning on using them all, so once again thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Return to “Implants”