First pump - Part 3

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JamesG

First pump - Part 3

Postby JamesG » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 am

OK, I had recently posted a few topics stating my issues with pain and inability to pump up the bulb because it is so hard.
The extreme pain has subsided and I can more easily access the pump bulb and get into a position where I can get my thumb and fingers around it. Today I squeezed it so hard with no obvious results. I mean I REALLY squeezed it but never felt the bulb compress. I did hear a squish of the liquid but still no resultant increase in erection. I simply cannot believe this bulb is so rigid - if this is typical, I would be surprised if some men with lesser hand strength than me could compress the pump bulb.
This is for only one pump! I cannot imagine pumping 20 times plus with this type of rigidity.
Something ain't right and I am trying to find out what it is. I couldn't squish this bulb if it was laying on a table in front of me, unless I had some pliers. I don't know now if there is some mechanical issue or what. I will continue to try twice a day until something breaks.
I know I am following the instructions properly. I guess I'll get back to the doctor but they are super busy and it might take a while and I was hoping for sex as a Christmas gift to me and my wife!! When I went for initial pump up, my doc was not there but his tech did it. If I have to return, I will ask my doc is it as hard to pump now as it was when he was installing the implant. From what I know, my surgery and implant was very typical and successful.
This is pretty frustrating. Anyone experienced this?

JDavid

Re: First pump - Part 3

Postby JDavid » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:33 am

The bulbs are often very hard at the beginning. I had to use two hands for a while and still use both hands as the number of pumps increases. I hold the bulb between my right thumb and index finger, try to stabilize the bulb at the base, where the tubes attach, with my left ring and middle finger and use my left thumb and index finger to press n my right thumb and index finger.
All that said, are you sure you know how to deflate it?
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

JamesG

Postby JamesG » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks for that reply. Yes, I do know how to deflate - push hard on the button for four seconds, then squeeze the penis to push the fluid out towards the reservoir. My tech said you should feel a tiny vibration but I have not felt that yet. You gave me the answer I was looking for;that the bulb is initially very hard.
After I posted this, I noticed I had evidently pumped up more of an erection than I had thought. :) And, that was just a pump or two! So, I then deflated it.
I think I am just inpatient and learning the nuances of how to work this thing.

The only question I have now is do you feel or have to squeeze the bulb so it really compresses or is just a squeeze sufficient to prime/pull the liquid good enough? Because, this morning, I can't say I felt the bulb compress at all but it surely moved the liquid.

Thank you again.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:57 pm

When the bulb is compressed you should feel a bit of a "pop" which I believe is a repositioning within the valve. However, I have seen some expansion when the first squeeze did not result in a "pop." My hunch is that the pop locks the pump to prevent deflation prior to pressing the release button.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:24 pm

[quote="
The only question I have now is do you feel or have to squeeze the bulb so it really compresses or is just a squeeze sufficient to prime/pull the liquid good enough? Because, this morning, I can't say I felt the bulb compress at all but it surely moved the liquid.[/quote]

My bulb always compresses quite a bit when I squeeze it. During my follow up appointments my doc pumped it each time to make sure it was working right. I suggest you have your doc pump it and determine if it is working right. I only have experience with one pump but your doc most likely has experience with many.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

billyt0808

Postby billyt0808 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:08 am

hey James G,

i'm 18 weeks post op today. my first go at pumping was similar, very hard first squeeze that got progressively easier. the bulb will soften up at some use...at least mine did...considerably! get using it and hopefully someone gets that Christmas present!

Bill

Return to “Implants”