peyronie's, implant - post surgery pain.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
franglais

Re: peronie's, implant - post surgery pain,

Postby franglais » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:36 pm

X
Last edited by franglais on Sun May 22, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

steven

Re: peronie's, implant - post surgery pain,

Postby steven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm

an update... i had the staples and cath out today. i feel much better. going to the doc office, pharmacy, and a couple other stops, i was out for maybe three and a half hours which may have been a bit long. the last hour or so was more misery. i've tried to just "cowboy up" and do things but still can't be sitting or standing too long and have to lay down for pain relief. yesterday, even before cath removal i noticed the first major improvements though, and today is better still. Also, the last two nights of sleep have been better too. so i know i'm getting better.

a few have posted that i should get better pain meds... i'm pretty sure my doc's nurse thinks i'm a med seeker. what i fist received just didn't help much, or at all that i could tell. i've had a couple different kinds now and wanted the one that worked the best - of course it's the strongest. i've heard more about abuse of pharmacy drugs lately. i think they have to be more careful with prescriptions these days. maybe i do have a low pain tolerance but haven't thought that in the past. at least i finally feel over the hump...

steven

Re: peyronie's, implant - post surgery pain.

Postby steven » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:08 pm

so i went back to the doc yesterday because the edema had grown. i have a "bubble" of fluid about half the size of an egg at the base of my penis above the scrotal incision. they got a white count to rule out infection - no infection. everything else looks good. pain has lessened though the edema might be putting some extra pressure on all the tubing at end of cylinders and top of pump. doc hopes the edema will go away on it's own, doesn't want to stick a needle in there or anything yet. honestly, i still don't feel very good. i guess the difference between me and most others was the severe peyronie's requiring severe molding.
also, some have asked and i didn't know, i have the ultrex. in the past only the cx was used for peyronie's patients but now the ultrex is too.

ptowncp84

Postby ptowncp84 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey Steven

I had really bad peyronies disease and recieved my implant , and penile implant modeling on june 23 2010 by Dr Milam at Vanderbilt at age 25.
I did have quite a bit of swelling, but it was mostly in the penis area. Some of the swelling that I had took about 4 weeks to go away, and the bruising about 2 to 3 weeks. My pain was mostly gone by the third week, and the only time I took the pain medication was the first 3 days. One thing my doctor did stress it to stay off my feet as much as possible for the first 2 weeks. I remember walking around the first week and i noticed swelling starting to take place in my testicle area. He told me to apply ice to the swelling, and do not touch things down there for a few days.

chris

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:23 pm

ptowncp84 wrote:Hey Steven

I had really bad peyronies disease and recieved my implant , and penile implant modeling on june 23 2010 by Dr Milam at Vanderbilt at age 25.
I did have quite a bit of swelling, but it was mostly in the penis area. Some of the swelling that I had took about 4 weeks to go away, and the bruising about 2 to 3 weeks. My pain was mostly gone by the third week, and the only time I took the pain medication was the first 3 days. One thing my doctor did stress it to stay off my feet as much as possible for the first 2 weeks. I remember walking around the first week and i noticed swelling starting to take place in my testicle area. He told me to apply ice to the swelling, and do not touch things down there for a few days.

chris

Hi Ptowncp84.... are you satisfied with your implant? have you lost size ? is sufficenty hard for sex??
thank's
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Steven. Chris, and Max,

First of all, a tip of the hat to you that have had to endure the extra pain apparently due to the PD. I was one encouraging Steven to ask for stronger meds.

I had a local anesthetic, which is supposed to help a great deal with post op pain. I can't say I disagree. I think I could have "toughed it out" in all honesty. My doc prescribed morphine as required while I was in the hospital. I almost felt guilty, but I did take advantage because I was having the spasms in the penis which could really get your attention! I sure did sleep well with the morphine.

Chris, PD and an implant at 25? Wow. I'd like to know your story. You are way too young for that, but I'm sure you have heard that before. I would be curious how your implant stands up (poor choice of words) to what I would assume is a more vigorous use than most of us older guys would put it through. I know that is a lot of personal information, but I'm sure many of us would appreciate knowing just how durable we can expect these to be. You might consider your own string or story, if it isn't already there. (I didn't see it.)

Max, I still haven't inflated mine and I have had intercourse several times with it in what my doc calls its "deflated" condition. Trust me, you get an implant and pump that bad boy a few times and tank armor might not be safe! You will penetrate. 8-) You should anticipate your penis to be slightly shorter, slightly fatter, and much harder than it ever was. The shorter part may resolve itself in time with the LGX. My main concern was loss of sensation due to possible loss of engorgement of the glans. That has proven to be a non issue. My sensitivity is better than before (I don't know why), and my glans do engorge somewhat as I get sexually excited.

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

steven

Postby steven » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 pm

time for another update. it's been 3 1/2 weeks since my surgery and things are going fairly well. I'm not in so much pain and can get around fine but am still quite sore.

being so sore I really can't feel the pump much. I've tried to find the release valve button but can't. the pump seems to be qite high and i can't get it to come down. while my left nut seems to be hanging down normally the right one is always uncomfortably high.

my next dr. apt. (activation) isn't until may 20. as uncomfortable as i am i kind of wish i could see him sooner but i had to bug him so much the first two weeks i don't want to again yet.

this has been a miserable ride (the two weks after surgery was by far the worst time of my entire 48 years) but i'm still convinced i had to do it to be able to live life, be intimate with my wife, etc. i'm really tired of "recovery"...

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Steven,

Glad you're doing some better, but so sorry this has been a rough ride. I not in any position to give you advice about this. Just know we're all in your corner. I do think "hard times" are ahead for you--try to keep your eye on the prize.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

steven

Postby steven » Fri May 20, 2011 10:30 pm

So I went back to the doc today for what everyone calls activation.

First, I think my surgeon did a great job. There were two surgeons for the 3 + hour surgery. Again, because of sever peyronies my ordeal seems a bit abnormal. But my penis is straight! The cylinders are up into the glans. My size is less than pre prostatectomy and peyronies but not much and after the devistation of peyronies it's great. I think the pump is high but it does go down more when I'm deflated and will be fine where it's at.

My doc is lacking in instruction though. Others here stated getting instruction along the way and especially at activation. My doc was concerned that everything worked and I knew how to work it but didn't really give any instruction even when asked.

So from what I read here, I guess I'll fully inflate at least twice a day for six months or so. How long should I keep inflated each time? When I fully inflate there's a little pain but, that should lesson over time, is just stretching, and is normal?

My wife is satisfied.

I made it through those tough first two weeks and that's already a distant memory. Even if I knew about the tough two weeks before the procedure I'd still have done it. I'm young and have a lot of work to do and the implant was the only way to acoomplish it.

Thanks to everyone here for your support, experience, and knowledge.

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Well done! Now put that sucker to use! You've got some lost time to make up. And have some fun!

GReg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Implants”