A few questions about activation next Monday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JamesG

A few questions about activation next Monday

Postby JamesG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 pm

I had my implant on October 17. So far, my recovery has gone pretty well. The first week was the worst, then gradually better, as most here have also reported.
I have an appointment next Monday to learn how to use the device. I have felt around and really have no idea where to locate the pump and the release valve. I assume my doctor will find it and pump it up to some degree. Will he manipulate or move the device so it is more easily operated? If all goes well, I wonder if I may be permitted to have sex soon. I hope so.
I have read here where they want you to pump it up twice a day for some period of time. I wonder if this is an exercise where the penis gets used to the engorgement and if it gets larger and longer over time. I hope so. That's about it. I am excited and am glad I decided to do this. I think I may take a couple of pain pills before the appointment just to be safe.

MUNKY_BUTTR

Re: A few questions about activation next Monday

Postby MUNKY_BUTTR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 am

Out of curiosity, were you implanted infrapubicly? I ask because I was implanted penoscrotally just a few days ago and i can feel pump sitting way low in my balls. Very easily accessed, but not exactly discreet.
38 years old, single in Washington, D.C. Implanted 11/20/2014 by Dr. Kramer with an AMS CX 21cm with 1cm tips.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am

I like you Munky had the same thing done. They sewed mine to the scrotum I assume with dissolvable stitches. Anyone else have this done. Stitches come out today:-) A few days early but it seems fine. Still can barely touch the pump due to the pain it radiates. I hope this gets better quick because the Doc wants to inflate this thing on the 1st. I hope this pain subsides but it seems like a slow slow process.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 am

Btw I am on day 12 and my Doc offered me a narcotics shot for the first pumping. I really don't want it because of my past but may have no choice and he admits it will still hurt. The pump is still very sore and the pumping I think I can figure out but the release valve to get to is way more painful.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:12 am

The first inflation is painful, no way around it. However, since I drove myself, narcotics were out of the question and I survived. Another member took narcotic pain pills before his first inflation, fell down getting to the cab, and fractured several bones in his face. This surely must have been more painful than the first inflation. Be careful.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

JamesG

Postby JamesG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:13 pm

MUNKY_BUTTR wrote:Out of curiosity, were you implanted infrapubicly? I ask because I was implanted penoscrotally just a few days ago and i can feel pump sitting way low in my balls. Very easily accessed, but not exactly discreet.

Munky, I had the incision horizontally across my scrotum, just below my unit. I was told my scrotum is small and my doc had to work to get the device in, but he did. The notes said he had to place some stitches in there and I guess that was to keep the device at a certain location. I can feel it near the bottom of my balls. Sometimes, when sitting, I can feel it up against the bottom of my balls and it is just a tad tender.
I hope I can access this without too much trouble and pump this baby up!!

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks David about your concerns about narcotics but the fact is I would gladly drive myself if my doc would let me but he won't. The guy that fell down must have a regular guy with no tolerance to pain meds. My doctor couldn't give me enough to make me fall down. I've done enough opiates in my life to kill everyone on this forum but I am still here. Everyone reacts differently to opiates. What may kill one person may only give the other a slight buzz. I am almost tempted to shoot 2% lidocaine in my balls and smear the 10.56 lidocaine cream from Korea on the surface. The injection would probably help more than the cream because it is under the skin. Not real sure about and side effects in the balls with the lidocaine injection. For now I am figuring I will probably take the doctor's shot and hope it has some punch to it. It seems like the lidocaine injection would help for the first inflation. 25 units per shot and maximum 6 shots. More than that and your head feels funny. I do not recommend more than a cc and a half spread out from ball to penis. 2% lidocaine injection available online. I have used this many times while getting tattoos. Will last about an hour and probably does a lot more than a narcotics shot. But why not do both? May help make the first pumping not so horrible.

Purrboat

Postby Purrboat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Can someone tell me what hurts the worst on activation the penis or the pump and balls?

Bubba54

Postby Bubba54 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:03 am

Purrboat,
Everyone is a little different, but for me it was the stinging feeling in the glans and down in the base where the RTE’s are.

I wasn’t activated in the Doctor’s office; I did it at home after a phone call with the Doctor, so I didn’t have to deal with travel problems.

One thing that helped with the pump was to grasp it at the top by the tubes and push it down, and to bring the bulb to the outer skin. In this way you trap the bulb between thumb and forefinger and outer skin, it keeps the bulb from slipping away. When the bulb slips out between your fingers, on a hard bulb squeeze, you think it’s going to shoot out through your sack. Hope this helps.

Good Luck !
Bubba

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:54 pm

JamesG wrote:I had my implant on October 17. So far, my recovery has gone pretty well. The first week was the worst, then gradually better, as most here have also reported.
I have an appointment next Monday to learn how to use the device. I have felt around and really have no idea where to locate the pump and the release valve. I assume my doctor will find it and pump it up to some degree. Will he manipulate or move the device so it is more easily operated? If all goes well, I wonder if I may be permitted to have sex soon. I hope so.

My doc pumped me up at week 2 after surgery, week 4, and week 7. He did not use any narcotics. The first two times the pain during the pumping was quite a bit but it only takes about 60 to 90 seconds so a short period of time for pain. By week 7 there was pain but not too bad. In my case in the first two months after surgery the pain during pumping was more if the pump was in the left side of my scrotum than in the right, so I would slide it over to the right and then start pumping. That may have only been how my body was healing up and not apply to you.

Regarding finding the release button, if you have an AMS you should have been given the key ring which has a plastic model of the pump. If you look at the release button on that model while you are trying to find it in your scrotum it will be easier to visualize what you are feeling. In my case I have a spa and before I ever pumped myself I sat in the spa and felt for the parts. In the spa the testicles floated up out of the way so it was easier to feel the pump parts. If you don't have a spa sitting in a bath tub well filled with water should do the same.

Above all, don't worry too much about the mysteries of pumping at this point. Once you have done it a few times it will be no problem to find the pump parts and no pain during pumping. Just trust that you will get to that point in another month or two as many of us have done that.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”