How much did your implant cost?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
P-fracture

Re: How much did your implant cost?

Postby P-fracture » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:59 am

I paid $20,000 (USD) for the AMS 700 through Dr. Kramer in Baltimore. The surgery was completed this month. I am a U.S. federal government employee signed up with the high option for Kaiser Permanente. Normally, Kaiser covers it, but the Feds contract with Kaiser disallows penile implants, so Kaiser's hands are tied. Checking with other carrier options under the Fed plan shows the same thing... It's not covered at all. My ED resulted from a fracture I had when I was 20. Since the surgery is to repair/correct something resulting from an injury, my tax advisor says the cost of the procedure should be deductible. Check with your tax advisor for details.
40s, Maryland, penile fracture, AMS 700 CX in Sep 2014, device failed; Coloplast Titan in Jun 2016, both with Dr. Kramer

VietNamVet

Re: How much did your implant cost?

Postby VietNamVet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Mine was done by the VA. Total cost $0 plus $32 for copay on the meds...
Age 66. Coloplast Titan (20cm + 2cm extension) with 135cc saline in the system. Implanted 4 Sep 2014 by Dr. Gregory R Thoreson, Chief Urology Resident and Dr. Tausch, his supervisor at VA Hospital, Dallas.

Return to “Implants”