anxious

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Deano5934

anxious

Postby Deano5934 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Seeing the Dr October 1st to discuss final details about an implant.
Dont have any details yet but this forum has been a tremendous help.
Will report in after i see the Dr.

oldcar

Re: anxious

Postby oldcar » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Deano5934: I know where you are coming from, I have surgery scheduled in 8 weeks and I am yet apprehensive about it. My DR answered some more of my questions yesterday, so I feel better about my decision. This forum has also been a great help to me.

P-fracture

Postby P-fracture » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 am

I understand where you are coming from since I was just there having had the surgery a few weeks ago. Use the checklist on this forum to help you if you have not already done so. This is not a trivial procedure. Be your own best advocate, and make sure you have answered all your questions where you have ANY specific doubts or concerns. Your doctor should be understanding enough to make sure they are answered and you understand those answers.
40s, Maryland, penile fracture, AMS 700 CX in Sep 2014, device failed; Coloplast Titan in Jun 2016, both with Dr. Kramer

Deano5934

Postby Deano5934 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:35 am

Ok went to the Dr. Yesterday.
Scheduled for an Lgx on Nov.4th.

Took the list posted here and the Dr.patiently answered each one of the questions.

Told me he'd done probably a thousand or so.

I feel much better about the Surgery now.

Thanks to this forum i was definately more informed when I met with him yesterday.

He does hold his patients overnight to administer antibiotics and monitor patient
recovery.

I'll report more after Nov.4th.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 pm

I agree, get all your questions answered and go in with confidence. The highest 3 volume guys today are Eid, Kramer, and Perito. You read guy who love them or hate them not these boards, but they do huge volumes so there's bound to be lots of comments. I'd recommend going to someone who has done a lot and you like and trust.

Return to “Implants”