Dr Bruce Garber

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SR68GTO

Dr Bruce Garber

Postby SR68GTO » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Anyone have any experience with this doctor out of Philadelphia? He is supposed to be a "high volume" guy doing penile implants. I am considering seeing him for a second opinion on my implant issues and would appreciate hearing of your experiences with him.

Arizona_Rich

Re: Dr Bruce Garber

Postby Arizona_Rich » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:06 pm

I actually just had the implant done by dr garber on 09/18/14 and even though I'm only 2 days post op I know I made the right decision by going with garber

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 am

Dr. Garber did my implant this past March & I am very satisfied with his work. I live near Atlanta, GA but traveled to Philadelphia because I wanted to have the implant installed by a great high-volume surgeon. You can check out his website at www.garber-online.com. There's some great info there.
Roger M
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:16 am

Hey thanks guys. It's amazing the opinions you get regarding various doctors. I went to a guy who was supposed to the best and after 10 weeks and two surgeries I am still in pain. His response to me was in time the pain will go away. He has many posts praising his work. I guess I was just unlucky. Since he is close to me I may seek Garber out for a second opinion anyway.

Which hospital did you go? Was his surgery your first and can you give me a little info on the procedure he used on you?

Thanks again.

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

I was operated on at Hahnemann University Hospital - I think that's where he does all his implants. It was my first implany & I hope my last. He installed a Coloplast Titan Touch. He used a infrapubic incision; outpatient procedure. I went in at about 8 AM & was out by 5 PM & that included all the pre-op preparation & post-op education. I left the hospital with a foley cathether & a drip tube (to help suction out the blood from the wound. I spent the night in a hotel a block from the hospital then went to his office in Germantown the next morning & he removed the cath & the drip tube. The drip tube was no problem; the cath was really a pain ( I mean literally a pain). It hurt every step I took so I stayed in bed with ice on my genitals the whole night.
As far as pain, I took a Percocet when I returned to the hotel after the surgery mainly because I thought I needed to. I switched to Tylenol Extra Strength the next day & never took Percocet again.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:05 am

Hey guys thanks for your input.

RogerM: How long since your implant? Overall were you satisfied with Garber? How are you making out with the "one touch" device? Kramer was not that keen on it.

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:55 am

My operation was March 13th, 2014 so it's a little more than 6 months ago. I'm very well satisfied with the job Dr Garber did. I have not had any problems with the Titan Touch. Everything is great!

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:50 am

Was there a reason you didn't spend the night of your surgery in the hospital as opposed to a hotel?

Yeah, I vividly remember the removal of the catheter, both times. As they were pulling it out, I felt like my teeth were being sucked into my gums! Not a great feeling.

djvictor45

Postby djvictor45 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:32 am

Dr. Garber did my implant Aug 2010. My recovery was as others described. I am a RP patient with nerves spared. After 3 years of pills, pumps and shots I went for the implant. I am totally pleased with the results. I can relax and enjoy sex and so can my wife. Some loss of sensitivity and a very small loss of length - small price to pay for it works every time. Also miss the the arousal phase of achieving an erection but this was happening before my prostatectomy in 2008. I'm 63 and getting older takes it's toll on that function. Dr. Garber is a big fan of the Titan. He says that it is more reliable in the long run. From my readings the doctors seem to have their favorites LGX or Tiatan. Who knows if they get $$$ for number of implants??? All I know is the Titan looks natural and functions perfectly. It so much a part of me now that I don't even think of it as being a prosthesis. My orgasms vary from nice in the missionary position to mind blowing while sitting or standing. Good luck with your decision but you can't go wrong with Garber. He's soft spoken and not exactly Mr. Warmth but he is kind and from my experience an absolute artist.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey thanks DJ for your response. I am struggling with pain after my second surgery (8 weeks ago!) was needed because of a suspected infection from the first surgery.

My Doc (Kramer) says he does not know why I continue to have pain and is in favor of getting a second opinion. I have an appointment with Garber on 10/22 and I can only hope, if I still have pain by then, he has some answers. I am so discouraged at this point. I am so fearful the pain will never go away. This has been the worst experience of my life.

Return to “Implants”