Surgery finished, now recovery help!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
deezup

Surgery finished, now recovery help!

Postby deezup » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:13 am

So I had a titan coloplast 17cm installed with 3cm extension on 09/11/2014. Surgery went great, first day post op no problems. Catheter out same day, walking and self urinating. HOWEVER, the bruising is horrible and the pain is only associated with the swelling which by day 3 had gone up to the size of texas grapefruit. Day 4 was half that size and reducing every day since.

May I please have some other peoples experiences with how long it took for them with the swelling to subside. It seems as if that's the only pain that im feeling at this point in time besides the placement of the reservoir.

Much appreciated!

dg_moore

Re: Surgery finished, now recovery help!

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

deezup wrote:So I had a titan coloplast 17cm installed with 3cm extension on 09/11/2014. Surgery went great, first day post op no problems. Catheter out same day, walking and self urinating. HOWEVER, the bruising is horrible and the pain is only associated with the swelling which by day 3 had gone up to the size of texas grapefruit. Day 4 was half that size and reducing every day since.

May I please have some other peoples experiences with how long it took for them with the swelling to subside. It seems as if that's the only pain that im feeling at this point in time besides the placement of the reservoir.

Much appreciated!

I didn't have excessive swelling or bruising, but like you, both decreased by the day and were pretty much gone within ten days. I also didn't need anything more than Tylenol and ice packs after the first day. Hang in there - it gets better pretty quickly!

Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

deezup

Postby deezup » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks Dave. Did you have any hematomas?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:57 pm

deezup wrote:Thanks Dave. Did you have any hematomas?

No, no hematomas, but I did have a problem with the incision healing (my own fault - I scrubbed the scab too vigorously in the shower and dislodged part of it. After that it didn't want to heal - Dr Kramer re-sutured it and it was fine in a couple of days).
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ready1

Postby ready1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:40 am

Deezup..looks like you are doing great..I had the LGX with the same results on swelling as dg_moore about 10 days with brusing gone in 14 days..what it looked like Dr Lipshultz Houston,TX
did on my incision..was put a white looking glue cover coating on it that started pealing off after a week..anyway good luck with your implant..i started using mine after 3 weeks..Robert

deezup

Postby deezup » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Guys I'm post Op 7 days now. The incision isn't wasn't bothering me,currently but the extra weight with the swelling.....please tell me it gets better! Pain meds don't seem to be doing much anymore!

Postby 382485996 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Between weeks 2 & 3 the pain essentially disappeared. I never thought the pain would end but it does and life is good. :P

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Deezup .... how are you doing? Has pain subsided?

deezup

Postby deezup » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:09 pm

WOW, never thought I would have someone follow up with me! THANK YOU! Pain is subsided albeit slowly, worse in the afternoons and controlled by Tylenol during the day. Really cant sleep at night at all without narcotics. Swelling has subsided tremendously. Dr. has cleared me for baths ( which are a godsend and really help with the general discomfort) and swimming as I am now 15 days post op and I have face time with him on Monday. Ill post on here his recommendations after my appointment. Im am going to go off the narcotics completely this weekend to see if its just my mind. Again, thank you for your concern. It means the world to me.

deezup

Postby deezup » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Update. Met with the Dr. today. I am 18 days post op. He wanted to begin cycling the prosthesis but said we should wait another 10 days due to swelling. A little disappointed but otherwise im doing great. No more pain pills since this last Thursday and controlling the discomfort with Tylenol. Warm baths seem to help the best. Bruising is all gone for the most part and I am looking forward to seeing what this new contraption can accomplish! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Implants”