Moving on mentally?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tryfied

Moving on mentally?

Postby tryfied » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 am

Three months post op. I'm struggling to move on. Part of me wants to. Before I know it my own mind has turned any constructive thought into zero. This also goes for things like dating a girl. I guess this is some sort of a depression.

I also constantly look my self into the mirror to see if I look as lost as I feel. I bellieve I to some extent have post traumatic stress dating back to the day that I had the injury causing ED in first place.

I feel I lost lots of emotions with for years of ED.

Theoretically I can see lots of solutions like physchological and possibly sexual therapy. Dating someone would probably also be good for me.

It has just become as if I don't care about anything.

How did you guys move on? Any ideas for me? I'm feeling so lost.

avlis26

Re: Moving on mentally?

Postby avlis26 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:08 am

Hey tryfied,

You are a very nice guy. I know that dealing with ED is not an easy thing for any man to handle. Our minds get totally affected for that. I can totally relate to what you have passed through.
But, hey.. The worst is over.. I remember your posts back from 2013. You are in a much better situation now and can do things that normal guys cannot do.
I believe it's time for you to forget what happened in the past and celebrate your new life..
Depression is a treatable illness; The majority of people with depressive disorders improve when they receive appropriate treatment.
If you need therapy, go for it..
If you need help, go get it..
I'm sure dating would be a great thing for you..

Be strong.. Do not get all alone!!

How are you physically? I mean, Do you still have some difficulties like pain and pumping?

May God bless your life.. I know the best is yet to come!
Last edited by avlis26 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ready1

Postby ready1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:47 am

Hello Tryfied..For years i read about how the mind works ..Myself ..i have never been depressed for very long..knowing to get depressed man has got to think a certian way..as far as dating goes they
say low T ..can cause lack of intrest..
Tryfied ..i don't know if you believe in the the Bible but if do or don't the bible tells you what to think to keep depression at bay..Here it is..

Philippians 4:8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [a]lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, [b]dwell on these things.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks for the support. Good advices. Thanks avlis. You are also very supportive and have been so all the way. I hope the best for you whatever decision you take.

To start celebrating my new life is something I really want to. I have to find a way and guess I must search some sort of therapy.

I had my testerone levels checked a while back and they were normal though a bit less than average. Might be a wise idea to try boosting it.

I used to be faithful but this merciless thing that happened to me made me think the lord wasn't there and thus made med less faithful. But that quote from the bible is good even from the perspective of an unfaithful person.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:39 pm

I am also trying to move on.

You don't say how your surgery went. After 3 months are you in pain? I am now 6-1/2 weeks from my second surgery. First surgery with an inflatable had to be removed after 3-1/2 weeks due to pain and possible infection. Second surgery to remove inflatable, the doctor inserted a semi-rigid device to keep things open for possible re-try of an inflatable in 9 months or so.

After 6-1/2 weeks I still have pain! It sometimes makes me nuts because I fear it will never go away.

Fortunately, I made a couple contacts on this site which have served as a "lifeline" for me. One contact with similar circumstances to mine told me he took between 3 and 4 months before pain was gone. He is now 9 months out and hardly knows its there. By telling me of his experience, it has given me hope that things will get better.

If your implant works and you have no pain you have much to be thankful for. Believe me, I know. You just need to convince yourself.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:38 am

I'm sorry to hear about your issues SR68GTO. Infection was my worst fear with this operation. And furtunately I didn't get one. I didn't have much pain after the surgery. I had some discomfort when I started pumping but don't have much discomfort nowadays.

It is still as if I can't up it to the max. Perhaps my expectations are simply too high.

Like others I'm quite disapointed with the size. Length is ok and girth is too. But it doesn't get as "full" as it used to. It seems thinner so to say. This is just something that I have to get used to physhologically. But under these circumstances, I guess one could say the implant works.

Good luck with the surgery. Who did your surgery?

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 am

Kramer in Baltimore. Many people praised him and he was relatively close to home. I live in NJ. He is very caring but I think he screwed me up. After the second surgery he said I should feel better in a week. After 6 weeks, I still have pain. I am not sure if the surgery was bad or if he just was over optimistic with what he told me.

One person posted me yesterday saying Kramer and Eids are both bad and I should consult with a surgeon in Houston. I am going to give it another couple weeks and if it doesn't improve I may get another opinion.

Who was your doctor and where is he located/

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear you went through all that trouble. Kramer was too my surgeon and as far as I'm concerned things went well.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm

SR68GTO wrote:Kramer in Baltimore. Many people praised him and he was relatively close to home. I live in NJ. He is very caring but I think he screwed me up. After the second surgery he said I should feel better in a week. After 6 weeks, I still have pain. I am not sure if the surgery was bad or if he just was over optimistic with what he told me.

One person posted me yesterday saying Kramer and Eids are both bad and I should consult with a surgeon in Houston. I am going to give it another couple weeks and if it doesn't improve I may get another opinion.

Who was your doctor and where is he located/

Add me to the list who praise Kramer. My experience with him was as perfect as any surgery could be. I'm sorry to hear you had problems, but it's possible that they were beyond his control.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”