Dilema and trpidation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sabaone

Dilema and trpidation

Postby sabaone » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm

I have a dilemma. I had a RPP in 2011, age the age of 71, I lost by ability to have natural erections, which, granted, had been diminishing as age and weight progressed, fueled also by anti-hypertensive medications. Libido was also absent, or at least in hiding like my “turtle” was.
This is/was depressing. VEDs with rings were cumbersome, painful, and unfulfilling. Injections, starting with Bimix, worked for a while with varying successes, and always accompanied by the time consuming trepidation of the injection itself.
Bimix began to lose it effectiveness, so I went to Trimix. The MD wrote me a diluted prescription and so I had to steadily increase the dosage staring at 20 to over 50. At that rate I’d go broke. A second prescription, written by another MD for a more standard dose gave me better results at a lower dosage, but always accompanied by pain, and no great hardness either.
I’m now 74, not getting any younger, and am looking for a better solution. I think the implant is the answer. I gather from other writings on this forum, that there is no need to wait till I absolutely stop having positive, or really, somewhat positive results from shooting-up before I go bionic. And strangely, my libido seems to be coming back. My wife is happy but is now asking me o control myself, with a happy and grateful smile on her face.
Where I live there are not many doctors who do implants. The one with the longest record, in a radio interview, said that implant is the way to go for men between 50-70. I hope his “70” is flexible. I have a call into his secretary to ask this question of him prior to meeting him; an appointment with him just for a consultation is over the equivalent of $300. I don’t know, maybe that’s the running price in the States too.
Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions and support

Sabaone
DOB:2/1940; 4 Oct 2011, date of Robotic surgery
Gleason 3+4=7
Cancer confined to one lobe, did not enter capsule

stkman

Re: Dilema and trpidation

Postby stkman » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:37 am

Hello sabaone,
I am inline for an implant in October and have gone through hours of worrying and second guessing my decision. I am thankful for the words and suggestions from the guys from FrankTalk. I hope you find the answers to your questions. Keep an open mind and stay strong. 8-)

ValPinto

Re: Dilema and trpidation

Postby ValPinto » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Just an FYI I went to Dr. Kramer in Baltimore, he called me and spent an hour on the phone with me plus about 10 emails before my procedure, he didn't charge me a dime. Plus he does a few thousand and by many accounts one of the best in the US. Not all guys charge you upfront like that, I called Perito also and he didn't charge.

Return to “Implants”