A trick to inflating the device

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dirtyal1961

A trick to inflating the device

Postby dirtyal1961 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I jumped off of the cliff three weeks ago. I live in Newcastle , UK and was given an implant by Dr. Damien Greene at Spire Hospital in Washington. UK. I went to this doctor after having tried everything else. He told me he had trained under the person who had been instrumental in designing penile implants in Houston, Texas. He scheduled me for an operation and asked me if I had any questions. I had been researching the operation here extensively and so I knew all I had to know. Or at least I felt very informed. I arrived at the hospital at 7am. By 9am I was in surgery. I got out of surgery a few hours later and was told that it went great. I was glad in a way that I was the only patient of the day. Another surgeon in London said that chances of infection increased with those operated on later in the day. I felt that this was due to poor sterilization and so I looked elsewhere. It shouldn't matter if you are first of ninth. Everything should be sterile.

My testes were black and blue and very swollen, like a large orange. The Dr. had told me to keep my penis pointed up as much a spossible and to try and pull down on the inflator valve. I was too swollen and sore to pull down on it much and keeping my penis upright seemed to pull on the stitches. Worried about infection I felt that the stitches were at risk of infection and so I went to my GP and got intibiotics as well as bandaids(plasters as they are called in the UK) that were porous to allow air in/ drying etc. I sprayed dry iodine on the sutures daily to keep any infection at bay. My curiousity got to me and I began trying to slightly inflate and deflate the implant. It seemed hard if not impossible because I felt swollen and that the bulb was hard as a rock. It has been almost 4 weeks postop and I was beginning to worry that there was something wrong with the inflator bulb. Finally I realized two things. I had been trying to deflate it incorrectly ( I misunderstood where the deflator button was) I also realized that the bulb inflates better from certain angles. MOST IMPORTANTLY ... I realized that instead of using my fingers to pump up the device I learned to hold the bulb in such a manner that I could squeeze my legs together and in doing so have my legs press against my hands and thus use more effective force in inflating the device. While I was supposed to wait three more weeks for the device to be "activated" this activation is merely arbitrary and actually meant to prevent people from fiddling with it before the stitches are ready.

While others seem to complain of reduced penile size, I feel massive, even when deflated. I pumped it up several nights and simply felt huge. Woke up with a huge raging hard on and simply felt amazed. I know we are not supposed to have sex until we are activated but I couldn't help myself. I made love to my wife several times for the first time in years. I had to use a lubricant because I was so rock hard. After the third time my wife actually said she needed a couple days rest as she was so sore. The last time we had sex I came and was able to just keep on going. I have taken some post op photos. I am concerned that I cannot pull the bulb lower but I am worried about breaking it. I cannot stress enough that the trick is to use your legs to help you to pump up the implant.

Bigtime071

Re: A trick to inflating the device

Postby Bigtime071 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi dirtyal1961 Im glad you are enjoying your new device.Which one did you choose. The coloplast or the Ams.

dirtyal1961

Postby dirtyal1961 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:37 am

It is an AMS. I had worries that the pump was too hard to operate. I am able to inflate it and deflate it now. I was of course supposed to wait til the six weeks was up but couldn't help myself from activating it myself. I am concerned that the pump seems too high up. The doctor had told me to pull down on it to try and get it lower but I am afraid if I pull too hard that it might break.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm

There's nothing to worry about as far as breaking the pump. It's easier to pull down on it while taking a hot bath. If the scrotum is stuck to it, try to peel it away from the pump bulb.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am

mine is a Titan, as was my first implant. They do get easier to squeeze with time. I mostly do the inflate bulb and the release valves with my right hand but do try to alternate to using my left hand. Inflating with my left hand is easy but deflating is more difficult with my left hand on the valves.
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”