Dave48003 - LGX log

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dave48003

Dave48003 - LGX log

Postby Dave48003 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

As I write this, it is 7 PM and I'm sitting in room 3331 at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital in Clinton Township, MI. I got here at 5 AM, surgery was at 7:30. I hit the recovery room at 10 AM. Doc told my wife all went well, that I'm not to play, and I should see him in 4 weeks unless there is a problem. Oh, and keep it pointing up! They gave me a large jock strap, which caused a lot of pain in the penis as I should wear at least an XL, if not a 2 XL. I'm icing it, scrotum feels fine, penis is pretty tender. The cath will be removed tomorrow morning, and I'll be going home.

I took measurements, pics, etc. They will be posted later when I feel better.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers. I'll be in touch!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Genome

Re: Dave48003 - LGX log

Postby Genome » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Hey buddy....although it may not see so now....eventually there will be no pain. Second or 3rd day is worse...then it gets a lil better every day. Hang in there.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Well done, Dave! Thanks for keeping us posted. Get some rest.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Dave:

The deed is done and recovery begins. I am not bionic, but as you know the bionic members of this clan stand ready to assist with humor, thoughts and support. Congrats and think when "pointing up" will have a new meaning and then the fun begins!!

Suggest you celebrate St Patty's a day late with a 2XL jock strap in green of course. . .

Keep us posted and recover well.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:43 am

Day 2, 7:30AM. Night nurse & I had a pull out the cath party this morning. I was expecting worse. It was about the same as when I removed my first cath myself several years ago. Took advantage of some morphine and got some sleep last night. Nurse & I walked to the end of the hall and back this morning. Pecker feels much better without the cath. The pump is residing below and behind my left testicle. It made is presence known when I sat up in bed the first time. There was also a little poking going on during my walk, but about half way back it seems to have repositioned slightly and isn't so noticable. I'm sitting in the chair, some tenderness, not bad. My friend is sticking straight up and left to freely go where he wants, straight out. I've got a nice bulge that lets everyone know I'm happy to see them. ;)

Day nurse just came in and is on her way to get another ice pack. So far, so good!
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 am

Dave - I hope to be headed down your same path - although probably not til 2012 - appreciate your willingness to share your experience - I and many others will learn lots from it. Continued good luck as you heal and get to enjoy the benefits of 'bionic-ness' - Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Congratulations Dave,
I bet you are relieved to have that part of your journey over with, and with good news too
!. My thoughts are, and were , with you. It sounds like you are doing really well so far.
Don’t hesitate to use the pills for pain relief (there is no refund on them). Michigan is
definetely on a warming trend, and you will be able to take walks without slipping on ice
and snow. Follow the Doc’s instructions, and keep up the good work posting here.

Bill (in Michigan_
Ohohiakane
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

General Orez

Postby General Orez » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

I had my implant on 03/11/2011 in Coral Gables. everything went well and there was no bruising until 03/16 or 17 and now my scrotum
is the color purple, but no added pain. I get the stitches out Wed. I agree day 2 and 3 werre the worst and the pain subsides thereafter.
Still enough pain to fight any temptation to frolic as yet.

Good Luck Dave, keep posting.

John

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Well, it's Saturday afternoon, surgery was Thursday morning, and I'm sitting on the couch with ice on the jewels. Still so much swelling that I can't "point it up", it will only go straight out. Slept reasonably well, but I took a water pill to help with the swelling, so I was up peeing every 2 to 3 hours. Still no BM, can barely fit the package inside the toilet while sitting down. so it will be an adventure when it happens. Wife always says I am full of it, she may be more right than she has been in a long time! :lol:

Swelling has went down some, I can now stand with my legs together, though the ball sack is the size of a grapefruit. Pain is almost non existant, I would call it more discomfort than pain. Getting up and down is a real joy!

OK, I promised stats and pictures.
Attachments
Before 7.jpg
After injection with the constriction ring still in place.
Before 7.jpg (42.09 KiB) Viewed 8302 times
Before 5.jpg
After quad-mix injection, using VED to measure length to pubic bone. About 6'1/2"
Before 5.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 8294 times
Before 4.jpg
Using a VED to measure soft length, tube is 8"
Before 4.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 8296 times
Before 3.jpg
Measuring it soft
Before 3.jpg (47.92 KiB) Viewed 8291 times
Before 2.jpg
2 days before surgery, sticking his head out.
Before 2.jpg (54.46 KiB) Viewed 8310 times
Before 1.jpg
2 days before surgery, just hanging out
Before 1.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 8283 times
Last edited by Dave48003 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:14 pm

I got my lgx 1/11/11 and it took two weeks to begin to feel normal , swelling wise. Later you might find ,as I did, that the area at the base or your penis starts to ache after standing for a while. That was the last "discomfort" area to get comfortable. Now ,at 2 months +, I don't notice the new parts except when getting in and out of cars and the pump gets josled around. Some of the guys here told me about Jockey brand pouch breifs with "H" front closure. These were helpful while healling and were better than the jock strap. Now, regular briefs are not as comfortable as the pouch because the the pump ,or pumps, in my case are compressed up too much with regular flat bottom briefs and I now have switched to the pouch briefs. I second that recomendation that was given to me, get the jockey pouch briefs, you can order them online atthe jockey website. Get a couple and try them.
I was happy when my penis got where I could squeez it tightly without any pain to totally deflate it so that now I don't have to worry about where it is pointing, with it totally deflated it can hang down. I don't know why that was important to me but it is one more thing on the way to feeling "normal" again.
About you not being able to point it up, mine was sensitive to being squeezed in the tip area. If you have not noticed yet, the LGX has hard tips and this took about the whole six weeks for this to not be sensitive. Point being here is that maybe your underware/jockstrap is putting too much pressure on this tip area where the hard tips are? I mean when you go out in public while still healing you don't want the thing sticking straight out? Gotta ddo something about that.
Well, it is good to here you are doing well and makes me feel good (ha-ha) that mine is not sore anymore. I worried that it would never be comfortable and natural feeling and people here said "don't worry about that" , they were right.

Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Return to “Implants”