Anyone had implant by Dr. Cornell @ St Josephs in Houston

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
smoothcab

Anyone had implant by Dr. Cornell @ St Josephs in Houston

Postby smoothcab » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 am

I hope to have implant surgery this year (ED from prostatectomy) and am trying to find the best surgeon for this in the Houston area. I am sure there are many DRs. in Houston who perform this procedure including the ones at Methodist who I have seen mentioned in this forum. Dr. Cornell has an impressive and informative website but I know that is no guarantee of experience, competency, etc. I am just beginning to plan this and have not spoken with any doctors yet, just wondered if anyone knew anything about Dr. Cornell. Thanks for any info.

antelope

Re: Anyone had implant by Dr. Cornell @ St Josephs in Houston

Postby antelope » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 am

Suggest you contact knotreel via private message. Good luck.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 pm

I got implanted 1/11/11 in houston by Dr. Larry Lipshultz. Dr. Lipshultz is at Baylor and the operation was done at Methodist in conjunction with Dr. Boone ( of Methodist) doing an artificial urinary sphincter implant. I have only good things to say about both drs. and Methodist hospital was great. Baylor and methodist are practically in the same building as being part of the medical complex. I will see Dr. Lipshultz and/or his PA this friday for activation and hopefully released from restricted psyhical activity. I got the AMS 700LGX implant but since I have not been "activated" yet I can't say how it will be long term but I expect it will be maybe up to one more month before my glans does not feel pain from the implants tips when inflated. I think dr. Lipshultz prefers the Titan implant but he didn't pressure me one way or the other, in fact that decision was reached between myself and his PA. I think the size he selected was perfect and fits me space perfectly. As far as i can tell he did a great job. I have to say that I was also impressed with his staff, the PA and nurse are top notch people and he has some residents who are on their game as well.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

ptowncp84

Postby ptowncp84 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I have heard of one guy who was implanted by Dr Cornell. Go to yahoogroups/penileimplant.com and talk to tincansailor aka Frank. I believe he was implanted a year and a half ago by Dr. Cornell. In my opinion I believe the best doctor which is 4 hours from Houston is Dr. Gerard Henry because he has lots of expirence with implants. I believe to have a very good outcome you have to be with a expirenced surgeon, who has done lots of these things.

Another good way to pick a expirenced surgeon is to browse articles. Go to pubmed and type in penile implants and you can tell which doctors are up to date with the newest techniques with penile implants.

chris

Return to “Implants”