Questions for those that already have an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Thailand

Re: Questions for those that already have an implant

Postby Thailand » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:29 am

I am 10 weeks post op and if I would not have it done again. I could still get erection, but not consistently. I lost at least one inch maybe more and just does not feel the same. The pain has gone, but the tubing is still high. My GF is also disjointed in the results. Do an implant after everything else fails.

anotherguy

Postby anotherguy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 am

Thailand wrote:I am 10 weeks post op and if I would not have it done again. I could still get erection, but not consistently. I lost at least one inch maybe more and just does not feel the same. The pain has gone, but the tubing is still high. My GF is also disjointed in the results. Do an implant after everything else fails.

Hi, I hope everything gets better for you and sorry to hear about your troubles with your insurance. Can you explain what you mean when you say that it just does not feel the same?

Thanks
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
AMS LGX 21cm + 1.5cm rte
great results | great surgeon
Here is a YouTube video of Dr. Andrew Kramer performing penile implant surgery

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 am

anotherguy wrote:Joe, sorry to hear about your troubles :( and I do want to hear about other guys' experiences, not just the good.

Charlie, hopefully everything turns out great for me also, I will probably go with Dr. Perito as well, Dr. Kramer.

Bill, I do want to hear other guys' honest opinions and experiences. It benefits all of us. From what I've read, those seem to be two of the biggest concerns and can you explain what exactly you mean when you say that you have very little feelings in your glans? Thanks

Hopefully there are more replies, good and bad.

Thank God for franktalk

Everybody is different - you can't predict what your experience is going to be based on what happened to somebody else. In the hands of a great doc, like Andrew Kramer and a number of others, the odds are overwhelming that you'll be happy with the results. But like everything in life, there are no guarantees. For instance, I had my implant done by Dr. Kramer and the results were as close to perfect as anything could be, but I had a stroke that killed my libido and we never got to use the implant. The point is that you never know what's around the corner. Just do your research, as you are, so you can make an informed decision.

Good luck!
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:36 am

I am now 5-1/2 weeks from my second procedure where Dr. Kramer put in the semi-rigid rods to replace the failed inflatable. I still have pain but it is very, very slowly abating. One fellow who had the same experience told me he took 4 months till all the pain was gone. Another told me it took 100 days. Their comments were encouraging because up to then I was concerned that the pain would never go away. In either case I have successfully used it (very carefully) twice so far. I am probably 1-1/2" shorter but no problem getting wife to orgasm and I had no problem ejaculating.

Would like to have better size but honestly with the semi-rigid, I am not sure what I would do with it or where to put it if it were longer. Biggest problem is irritation with rubbing up against clothing. Still working on that.

At this point I will try to get past the pain and maybe next year try again with the inflatable but the pain up to now was excruciating so I am not sure I will want to take another chance.

Like someone said, everyone is different and some have had no problem at all. Maybe you will be one of those lucky ones.

avlis26

Postby avlis26 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am

Thailand wrote:I am 10 weeks post op and if I would not have it done again. I could still get erection, but not consistently. I lost at least one inch maybe more and just does not feel the same. The pain has gone, but the tubing is still high. My GF is also disjointed in the results. Do an implant after everything else fails.

Hey Thailand,

You are one of the few that is not very well satisfied with the implant. It would be good to hear more from you.
I still don't have an implant but plan on having it done very soon. I have been following this forum for at least 10 months and I learned a lot from other experiences and I'm pretty much calm as I know what to expect.

Maybe, it's just too soon for you.. Which implant did you get? Some expand length but may take up to 6 months to get it back to your normal size.
I've also heard that sensation comes back and may take up to 12 months.

Quite honestly I would rather have a 5 inch penis that works than 7 inches of floppy noodle.

What concerns me is that your GF is also disappointed? Can you tell us what she has complained to you.

I really hope things get better for you. Hang in there and keep posting in here.

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Anotherguy,
I had a Coloplast Titan Touch implanted almost 6 months ago. I went with an experienced high-volume IPP surgeon & I'm extremely satisfied with the outcome. Sure there was pain following the surgery & for quite a while when I would pump-up all the way but I'm now almost completely healed. My erections are as firm, or maybe even firmer, than when I was 20 yo & I can maintain them as long as I want. My device is starting to feel like an integral part of my body. The only negative thing I can say is that I'm pretty sure I did lose some length & girth but I wouldn't give up my erections for the lost length or girth in a million yrs.

I don't think I can give you a good answer regarding whether I would have had an implant installed if I could still have had intercourse but not as good as before. It's just too subjective. There are risks with this operation & you have to weigh the possible benefits with the risks. For me, there was no other option. I couldn't achieve, let alone maintain a nice firm erection prior to the operation. I had no real sex-life.

Hope that helps.
Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

ronbstewart

Postby ronbstewart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm 75 (USAF Ret) had duel implant (AMS 700 and AMS 800) 4/1/14 in one operation at WPAFB Hosp due to prostate cancer (removed) Dr Shaw (Lt Col) is a fantastic doctor. Healing from implants (1 yr later) was quicker than the prostrate surgery. For me things turned out great, for my wife who is 30 years younger then me, she's speechless. I'm better now than I was at 30. Would do it all over again in a NY second.

Thailand

Postby Thailand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:31 am

Ok guys here is a little history on me and more of my results. I am 67 and single. I could still have a good erection pre op, but just did not no when it would or would not happen. My GF had taken pictures before implant and appearance is different Not as round, full and as long. I had mentioned to the doctor and his response was you cannot make a shoe bigger by putting a bigger foot inside. The feeling for me during oral and regular sex just doesn't seem the same. Some of this I am sure is mental due to size. Was not big by no means, but below average now. Tubing is still high and is still tender and noticeable. The size defferants between pumped and soft is very little, it just gets harder. I am almost 3 monts post op. I did leave the states without being able to have a follow up visit so my training has been on my own. I have an AMSCX. if anyone is thinking of implant I would not recommend the CX model after reading it does not expand in length. For those who have had ED for quite some time, you probably would not notice a bit of difference between natural and bionic. The positive size is no more worrying if you will be able to get it. It always comes up and says until she.you are though. FYI GF does pump on occasion Hope this helps anyone on considering an implant.

Return to “Implants”