How to place a semi rigid inplant when not in use

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SR68GTO

How to place a semi rigid inplant when not in use

Postby SR68GTO » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:41 pm

I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to find the most comfortable and inconspicuous placement for my semi rigid penis in my shorts. My Doc first gave me the inflatable 3 piece device which after 3 weeks got an infection and needed to be preplaced with this semi-rigid device. The problem is with this second semi rigid unit it is always hard and I am not sure where to bend it and be comfortable and discreet. I tried boxers and briefs but because I usually aim north (which I prefer) the penis wants to settle down in a straight out position and if I fold it down the tip of my penis gets irritated and burns rubbing up against the fabric. Bending it down also seems to apply undo pressure and pain at the base of the penis.

How long after surgery should the pain go away? I am 4 week out from my second surgery and still have soreness in testicles and pain at the base, then sides and the tip of my penis.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Bigtime071

Re: How to place a semi rigid inplant when not in use

Postby Bigtime071 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Sir. I have the semiridgid device for a year now and as you got an infection too with the 3 piece device. Im waiting on the Lgx in november. It takes time for the healing and I always keep mine bent downward either to the left or right side. It is hard to conceal. But I wear 2x shirts a little longer than normal. Nobody can tell. What I have in my pants. Be patient. All the pain and healing will die down .

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for your response. It really means a lot to me!

As I noted I am four weeks out from my surgery to put the semi-rigid device in. I still have irritating pain internally in the penis. I am so nervous that this is not working and if I need to have it removed I will be left with nothing. When did your pain finally subside? One person says 6 - 8 weeks after surgery. Another told me 100 days.

Others seem to be able to resume sex within 4 weeks of surgery. I am at wits end with this and am probably driving my doctor crazy with my inquiries.

Any insight from your experience would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

I would say the pain lasted about 4 months. If I remember correctly. Anyway I cant even tell that I have and implant now. It takes a while to get used to it completely. Hope this helps.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Yes, that does help. It tells me after 4 weeks I still have hope. You can't imagine what that means to me mentally at this stage.

One more thing, do you remember where most of your pain was centered? Mine seem to be internal to the penis and one testicle. I did have some burning at the location where the reservoir was and at the base of the penis but that has finally subsided.

What scares me is that when I told the Doc about my pain today he said give it another 7 or 10 days and if no improvement by then he could remove it or we could get another opinion. He seems not to understand why I am feeling this pain at this stage but based on what I am hearing we would be acting prematurely to do anything in only ten more days which would represent only about 6 weeks from my surgery. My doctor is Kramer who is supposed to be one of the best and he is giving me little encouragement at this stage.

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 pm

Yeah My pain was exactly like yours. It hurt in my testicles and penis too. It takes a while to get used to it and heal. I ached like crazy. The infection was terrible. And it takes a while to heal. Hopefully you wont have to take it out at this point.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah, I hope not too but the pain is really bad sometimes. At least you give me some hope if I can just hold out.

I have to ask you though. After all you have been through to get you where you are today, and if the semi-rigid is working for you at this point, what made you make the decision to go it a second time with another inflatable in November?

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Because I really don't like the semi ridged implant. It has no adjustment. Its hard all the time and I would like some more length and girth and to be able to relax it down to a more flaccid state . I do construction work and it gets in the way of my safety harness. And im always adjusting it. So, im gonna take the plunge one more time.

SR68GTO

Postby SR68GTO » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:41 am

I understand. Please keep in touch and let me know how it goes. I know everyone reading these posts will be praying for your success. You have helped me a lot with your insight and experiences.

Is Kramer your doctor? He is mine and I chose him because all the posts say he is one of the best. Even though I have had difficulty, I do feel he is a good doctor and is always there and is compassionate.

I have lost some confidence in him recently though. First off, all his recovery predictions have been off, way off. He said I would feel markedly better within a week after the second surgery and after 4 weeks I am still in pain. I know as a doctor he should always be optimistic but, as a result of his optimism, I was not prepared for what I got.

Now after 4 weeks he says if it is not feeling better within the next two weeks he is not sure what is going on and I may have to opt to remove it or I should get a second opinion! From who? He is the guy everyone else goes to with problems for a second opinion. Well I still think he is very competent and is a good guy and may be getting frustrated but, as a patient, those kinds of responses do nothing to raise my confidence.

My thought is if there is no improvement in the next two weeks I guess I will seek out the second opinion from the other well known implant doctor Dr. Eid in NY.

Will you be going back to the same doctor for this next surgery?

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:25 pm

Yeah my implant hurt for a while. I think it was about 4 months before the semiridgid actually felt comfortable. I hardly notice it now. Yes Kramer was my first Dr and with his track record I thought I would have been fine the first time. But I wasnt. I still trust Dr Kramer and believe hes a really good Dr. I had the scrotal apppoach done the first time and am gonna have the infrapubic done this time. From what ive learned the infrapubic approch is much more safer and lower chances of infection than the scrotal approach. Yes I am gonna let Dr Kramer do this next surgery too. I dont really believe the infection was his fault. He told me it had been 3 years since his last infection. And he does alot of these implants every year. I think I was the 5th or 6th one that day I had mine done.

Return to “Implants”