Scheduled but have a question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JamesG

Scheduled but have a question

Postby JamesG » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:26 pm

I am a 58 year old type 2 diabetic who has tried all methods with little success; drugs, injections... The pump does work, particularly well after taking a sildenefil, but I have not been able to try intercourse with this. The timing and coordination and lack of spontaneity just about rules this unworkable.
I am now scheduled for an implant on 9/5/14 with Mayo Clinic. I have to get some pre-op tests done and hopefully these are good. I am not apprehensive about the surgery nor the recovery. I have read many accounts on this forum about the wonderful outcomes and that most men would have done the implant sooner.
The only thing that gives me pause is the finality of this procedure - if it doesn't work for some reason, that is it for me. But, I must say I have not read one account here where "it didn't work." There have been some accounts where the surgery was botched or infection has occurred but this is the chance we and I are willing to take.
The other slightly thing I think about is could the pump work to allow me to have decent intercourse? Has anyone thought along these lines and what did you decide? I am about 95% certain to move ahead with the implant.
I know this is vague but I appreciate any thoughts. This is a wonderful resource for some of us with ED.

wolfpacker

Re: Scheduled but have a question

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 am

The pump is, in my opinion, the very worst option. Second worst being injections. They both just kill the mood. The implant let's you get a hard on absolutely whenever you need one! Never again will you worry about sex. Its a wonderful thing.
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Jollis

Postby Jollis » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 am

Last year at this time, I was having the same concerns you have. I had my implant in October and it took several months for every thing to heal and loosen up. For the past six months my wife and I have been having good sex. We try to have a session at least once an week, but sometimes more often when the mood hits. We are both in our seventies.

I tried all the other methods...pills, pump, injections and finally none of them was effective. The odds are very high that you will have the same good results. I wish I had done it 15 years ago.

Good luck

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:42 am

IMO, the pump is worse than no option at all. Before I got my implant in 2008 we tried everything, including the pump. You are correct about the lack of spontaneity and the clumsiness, but in addition to that my wife hated the thing. She said it felt like a polish sausage cold from the fridge and after the first use refused to participate again. I didn't like it either - it was clumsy, uncomfortable, and only marginally better than nothing. I guess some are satisfied with the pump, but it definitely did not work for me. The irreversibility of implant surgery is barely relevant - if what you currently have doesn't work, you won't be any worse off than you are now if the implant surgery has to be reversed for some reason (which is statistically unlikely in any case). Good luck!

Dave
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 am

I agree with the rest of the guys.The pump sucks!! In my case I am convinced it was the cause of my peyronies. I used way to small of constrictors and damaged my penis at the very base where the constrictors go.I had the AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14 and things have gone OK even with losing an inch and having floppy head.My glans was very small and things just didn't fit all the way up into my glans.But sex is still good even with the small pitfalls.It only takes seconds to get hard and it is hard as a rock!! Go for it!!
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

JamesG

Postby JamesG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks all for validating what I knew to be true. I am going full steam ahead. I just hope all of my preop testing goes well.

Thanks all for taking the time to chime in.

I will report my progress as it goes along.

Return to “Implants”