Does Veteran Affairs Cover Penile Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Boracay

Does Veteran Affairs Cover Penile Implant

Postby Boracay » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Hello,

Hows everyone doing? :D

I am a former US MARINE released with 100% PTSD Disabled with documented ED. I was wondering how I could get the VA to cover a penile implant and then getting them to get the best doctor and implant for me:)

antelope

Re: Does Veteran Affairs Cover Penile Implant

Postby antelope » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 pm

There are several vets on the site who seem to know the ins and outs of VA health care. I'm sure one or more of them will reply. Be patient.

Thank you for your service.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Bora_

Welcome. Yes, under certain conditions the VA has some benefits. Some months ago, I think on this Implant board there is a discussion on the issue. I'll look for it as I can and you might also look around. As I remember there may be limits to brand, because of contract and a limit on doc. choice. But they do address the issue. Some processes may depend on your VA region and hospital.

Also, join the chat room and ask around. As with all things military there are forms and waiting. I'm Arty, Nam. Thought it was best to back up a few miles an shoot at-em. But the VC hadn't read the manual; ah well.

This is a good place. Enjoy yourself and get involved.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

I just contacted coloplast to make sure, but I think the VA uses coloplast implants - which is just fine. The other two young guys here have Coloplast too. they are very sturdy. I'll get back to you when i hear for sure.
paul

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Yes the VA covers implants. I got mine on Oct. 1 2010. You have to verify that all other methods have failed and their pretty easy to convince. Be warned however that just because they will do the procedure, doesn't mean they are the best.

Regards
harddrive

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Hello Boracay.

The short answer is yes. As always the devil is in the details. I have copied my previous post for your reading.

Follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=321

Once you are there you can browse much additional info by clicking links.

Good Luck and feedback is always welcome, Jim.

Return to “Implants”