Very difficult time fully deflating - AMS 700

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Huffy1

Very difficult time fully deflating - AMS 700

Postby Huffy1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:22 pm

I am about 5 weeks post-op, and have been practicing for 5 days. I haven't been able to fully deflate for the last 2 - I don't know how to estimate the percentage, but when I lay on my back it points straight up still. I'm pushing the button and squeezing as hard as I can. Does anyone have any advice? It's starting to get painful (irritated), I'm not sure what to do. Thanks.

dg_moore

Re: Very difficult time fully deflating - AMS 700

Postby dg_moore » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:05 am

I don't know about the AMS, but I have had a Coloplast Titan since 2008 and have never been able to deflate it as much as I'd like - some fluid always migrates back into the cylinders after deflation. My uro says this is normal behavior - more of the length of the cylinders is inside the body than outside, so no amount of squeezing will displace all of the fluid. It's just a minor nuisance - I'm entirely used to it by now.

I recommend you check with your doc and see what he has to say about this.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 am

Try this.It worked for me.
Squeeze the pump bulb one quick squeeze which activates the pump and then immediately press the deflate button for at least 5 or 6 seconds while gently squeezing your penis.When I did this for the first time my unit made a wheezing sound and deflated to the lowest level I think it could.
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

Thailand

Postby Thailand » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:29 pm

I am 6 weeks out and having the same problems. Sore to walk around with it still half or more inflated. Also the bulb get hard before fully inflated. I hope things get easier and better.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 am

8 weeks post op with a Titan and I cannot get it all the way deflated either. Im starting to have a leftie but I really don't care.

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 am

Guys,

I had my AMS 700MS LGX implanted one year ago this past Monday. I also had the same difficulties you describe with my pump. Auto-inflation, not able to deflate fully, not able to find and/or push the deflate button, etc. NOW EVERYTHING IS GREAT. The bulb is MUCH easier to squeeze, no problems with Auto-inflation, I push the deflate button and hold for 4 seconds and it stays open on it's own just like it is suppose to. I kind-of like my penis not all the way deflated to the point it looks squashed and shrunken....I don't mind some fluid in the cylinders. I don't even deflate the cylinders all the way when I go to my doctor. He just smiles and says that it's great to see me enjoying life and manhood again.

PLEASE BE PATIENT. IN DUE TIME ALL YOUR PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS SHOULD RESOLVE THEMSELVES. My biggest concern was that the pump & bulb were stuck to the skin of my scrotum and the pump was too high. And the doctor was right...be patient and those things will correct themselves over time. AND THEY DID! I know it is somewhat disconcerting and scary but I predict that one year from now, you won't even remember some of those concerns.

Hang In There (pun intended :P )

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 pm

TEBozo wrote:8 weeks post op with a Titan and I cannot get it all the way deflated either. Im starting to have a leftie but I really don't care.

If you have a Titan OTR, try this, if you haven't already: squeeze the deflate pads as hard as you can (ie really hard) and hold that for an 8 count; release; then gently squeeze your penis. When I do this (once in a while have to repeat) I can squeeze ALL the fluid out, if I want to. It gets flattened and deformed looking, but will fill out in a minute or two with fluid you can't get to (in the cylinders inside you). And if you want it fuller, you can put a couple of pumps into it and it will still be basically flaccid.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Return to “Implants”