Jumping off the cliff today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rentguy

Jumping off the cliff today

Postby rentguy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:07 am

It's 6:00 A.M. here in Texas and today is the BIG day! At 1:00 P.M. today I am having an AMS 700 CX installed.Up tight and excited to get this over and done with.Been waiting for 4 years for this surgery since BCBS wouldn't pay for it.Good old Medicare is picking up 80% of the tab.Hope the Doc has steady hands today.Wish me luck guys!! I will keep you posted on my journey.Thanks
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

wolfpacker

Re: Jumping off the cliff today

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 am

I'm excited for you and jealous! Keep us posted on every detail of how it goes!
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:10 am

Best wishes for a smooth operation & a speedy recovery! Please keep us posted on the details.
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

Chaz456

Postby Chaz456 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Best of luck! And please keep us posted.
Titan Touch installed 12/20/13, Then redone 03/21/14, Then redone again 06/13/14.

yankfan042249

Postby yankfan042249 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Good Luck with implant day. In about 3-4 weeks as you continue to recover all the discomfort, soreness, and bruising will be gone and a few short weeks after that you will be thanking your luck in deciding to have it done. It will re-store your confidence in yourself after what ED has done to you.

Be patient, it will all be worth it in the end

spotya

Postby spotya » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 pm

BCBS didn't want to pay for mine either, but we filed an appeal with the board and they then approved it.
We threatened legal action for discrimination. Went to Dr Douglas Miliam in Nashville TN Great job.
Hardly no bruising and very little pain, went back to work in two weeks. I work construction. Can
't say enough about him, highly recommended.
55 years old, ED for 10 years from diabetes. tried pills, injections, and pumps.
Implanted by Dr. Douglas Miliam on June 5th 2014 Thank God, should have done
it sooner.

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 pm

Hope your surgery went great. Keep in touch with the rest of us with information about your healing process. I had IPP surgery August 6, 2013, almost one year ago and I can hardly remember the surgery and healing process. I feel fantastic and my AMS 700MS LGX implant works perfect. I know that in time, you will feel the same about your implant.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Got home from the hospital about two hours ago.My surgery took about 11/2 hours.Spent the night in the hospital because that's Medicare rules per my Doc.Surgery also went smooth per my Doc.I was out for the entire time.Woke up in my private room feeling a little groggy but not nearly as sore as I thought I would.They had poor old Seth mummy wrapped and couldn't see much except the two holes in my glan from the keith needle.Just two bruised spots actually.You guys have seen some of the other fellas pictures so you know what I'm talking about.They had me hooked up to a couple of different devices plus a pain pump.

It was about 4:30 p.m. when I hit the pain button,then two beeps emitted from the machine and drugs came flowing.I hit the button from anticipating major soreness not because I was in real bad pain.I hit it again about 6:00 p.m. as another precautionary major not because I was real sore.Didn't hit the button again all night after that.In fact I have to admit so far I don't have any real bad pain.Just a soreness that's very tolerable so far.My wife went and got my meds from Walmart but other then taking the antibiotics I haven't taken any pain meds,not even aspirin.Even though I didn't have much pain I didn't sleep a wink.Stayed awake the whole damn night.About 6 hours is all I ever get usually anyway and being in a hospital bed didn't aid sleep.

I'm sure the swelling and soreness will develop over the next 48 hours but so far I feel pretty lucky to not have much pain.Seth looks like shit but just black and blue bruises,no major swelling yet except a small cut in my scrotum.Keeping the pain meds handy just in case.We'll see how the evening progresses.I'll sign in again tomorrow and let you know how my evening went.Later.

Chaz456

Postby Chaz456 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:18 pm

If you do consider aspirin you may want to check with your doctor first. Sometimes it's off limits after surgery.
Also I'm curious who your doctor was.
Titan Touch installed 12/20/13, Then redone 03/21/14, Then redone again 06/13/14.

rentguy

Postby rentguy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:54 am

Well It's day 2 after surgery and I did get a little sleep last night.I did take a pain pill right before bed.Soreness and swelling plus extra bruising starting to set in plus I have bit of swelling on the right side of my groin area.I suspect that has to do with the placement of the reservoir.When I awoke from surgery they had me in a jock strap with an ice bag.I kept the ice bag going the rest of the day and all thru the night plus all day yesterday.My Doc told me that after 48 hours I probably wouldn't see much benefit from continual use.He said at that point you just have to let nature and healing take it's natural course.The worst part yesterday was when they released me the Doc came in and removed the catheter and drain tube,removed the mummy wrap and then told me this next part is going to hurt.He had the implant inflated right after surgery and he reached down and grabbed the pump and did a partial release.That did hurt!!

I probably will loose some length since the CX doesn't expand length wise but quite honestly I would rather have a 6 inch penis that works than 7 inches of floppy noodle.I think I will probably gain some girth but it's hard(no pun intended)to tell right now at this stage of the game.Doc said to rest but wants me up and around 4 times for 15 minutes each today and tomorrow.No shower until tomorrow and he has me in some crazy looking white panty hose to cut down on any blood clotting.All in all I'm glad I did this and am looking forward to a successful recuperation.I have an appointment next Thursday for follow-up.Later
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

Return to “Implants”